Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: QUE-VISION NIGHTMARES!


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 522
Date:
QUE-VISION NIGHTMARES!
Permalink   


Well since que-vision has been installed in our store I've spent more time up front than any time in recent memory.  Told my store manager this and he seemed shocked that someone had the balls to say they don't like it. 

Anyway I was closing in the deli tonight and while I went to lunch our manager called the other person (It was in the evening and there were only two of in the deli at the time) up front to run a register. Now how damned stupid is that?!

And we are last in the zone in checkout times since the inception of que-vision, so our asshat zone manager is having a new register installed in our store.  We ain't got enough people to run the registers we got, so I don't see how we are being helped by adding a new one. 

And finally since que-vision began when the damned thing goes red, managers have been getting onto registers to ring up customers.  This don't seem right to me!  Anyway, I'm wondering what you think about this P.O.S. technology?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2523
Date:
Permalink   

document how long your people are up front. force them to give your department extra hours or tell them you'll stop going altogether. They want help? force them to make room for it and stop shafting you.

__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1250
Date:
Permalink   

you know what ---

i'm getting rather sick of hearing about this Que-Vision crap.  Its mearly a tool used to get the customers through the front end in a more expedient timeframe.  I for one am for any meathod that will get me a customer with frickin' money in my hand wanting to get my ass out a store's door quicker.  I hate walking around any store gathering their crap into my cart only to get up front and see lines a mile long.  WalMart is notorious for this! 

Give this program some time.  things will pan out.  we got que-vision at our store and nobody bi*tches about it.  Why?  because IT WORKS.



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 522
Date:
Permalink   

I'd agree if it were true, but since the inception of que-vision at our store checkout times have gotten longer.  It don't work.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:

you know what ---

i'm getting rather sick of hearing about this Que-Vision crap.  Its mearly a tool used to get the customers through the front end in a more expedient timeframe.  I for one am for any meathod that will get me a customer with frickin' money in my hand wanting to get my ass out a store's door quicker.  I hate walking around any store gathering their crap into my cart only to get up front and see lines a mile long.  WalMart is notorious for this! 

Give this program some time.  things will pan out.  we got que-vision at our store and nobody bi*tches about it.  Why?  because IT WORKS.


 I ultimately see a way for Kroger to get customers out of the store in ten seconds or less:

They come in, see there is no product on the shelves, turn around, and head to the nearest Wal-Mart of their choice.



__________________
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Drew P Weiner wrote:
thedude wrote:

you know what ---

i'm getting rather sick of hearing about this Que-Vision crap.  Its mearly a tool used to get the customers through the front end in a more expedient timeframe.  I for one am for any meathod that will get me a customer with frickin' money in my hand wanting to get my ass out a store's door quicker.  I hate walking around any store gathering their crap into my cart only to get up front and see lines a mile long.  WalMart is notorious for this! 

Give this program some time.  things will pan out.  we got que-vision at our store and nobody bi*tches about it.  Why?  because IT WORKS.


 I ultimately see a way for Kroger to get customers out of the store in ten seconds or less:

They come in, see there is no product on the shelves, turn around, and head to the nearest Wal-Mart of their choice.


 OOPS! They'll be screwed there, too: same problem. We're so focussed on this crazy, useless binning system that entire shelf displays go empty for hours at a time....while the product sits impotently in the store rooms~



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Drew P Weiner wrote:
 I ultimately see a way for Kroger to get customers out of the store in ten seconds or less:

They come in, see there is no product on the shelves, turn around, and head to the nearest Wal-Mart of their choice.


 Boy, you said it.  There's no product on the shelves because all the people responsible for putting it there are either in a checklane or bagging.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:
Permalink   

I agree document in detail. For example

Sunday

1-:120, 5-515 etc and so on. Be sure to keep your dept head informed of this and keep copies of this for yourself.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:
Permalink   

It is a nightmare in my store. I get called to open up when there are NO customers waiting anywhere. Co-managers are targeting employees, calling the same person over and over again in the day. Certain employees have refused to go up, and apparantly getting away with that. And maybe I am wrong, but I thought this program only applied to opening up a register. We are now called up all day just to bag, and half the time, all the regular baggers drift away when that happens. One employee today told me that they called him, and he told them that he was on break, and was told to open up anyway. It is beyond ridiculous. The front end staff says that their hours have been cut way down. No kidding. Two days last week, at 5:00 p.m., my part-time floral help was the ONLY bagger on the front end, and we were busy.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:
Permalink   

On a more serious note,

One of the Que-Vision specialists was in our store about a week ago.  They said it is best to keep the queing at 80-90%.  Our store has been doing above 90% for the past couple of weeks and as a result, hours on the front end have been slashed dramatically.  Yet management tells everybody to go for the highest scores and be the best you can possibly be.

If you go below 80%, you will likely see the district manager or a front end coordinator in your store asking why the scores are so low.

Our union rep was in a couple days ago and made the "10 seconds or less" comment.  He told us he said that to the district manager who nearly hung up on him.  What makes Que-Vision even more stressful is if you have a calloff on the front end that isn't replaced.  The problems we and other stores have been having is that people are being called up front more frequently and kept longer because of calloffs.

The DM's comment to this was that anybody who called off would be written up.  Rep's response was "Then you'll be hit with grievances because I will file on every single one"



__________________
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 522
Date:
Permalink   

At my store we have over 100 employees, but the hours aren't being put into the store.  Hell they are actually being cut and people are still being hired because people ai't gonna work for just 15 hours a week if they got bills to pay and stuff.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:
Permalink   

cue vision doesnt help. we operated just fine without it. i see as a waster of money that could go to employees. say a big christmas bonus.

__________________

tapatio doritos are the best.



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 41
Date:
Permalink   

Quevision works at my store. I agree though that it severely taxes the cross trained members of my store. In my opinion I think that quevision has merely illustrated that ELMS for the front end has to be reexamined.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

nocturnia wrote:
Drew P Weiner wrote:
thedude wrote:

you know what ---

i'm getting rather sick of hearing about this Que-Vision crap.  Its mearly a tool used to get the customers through the front end in a more expedient timeframe.  I for one am for any meathod that will get me a customer with frickin' money in my hand wanting to get my ass out a store's door quicker.  I hate walking around any store gathering their crap into my cart only to get up front and see lines a mile long.  WalMart is notorious for this! 

Give this program some time.  things will pan out.  we got que-vision at our store and nobody bi*tches about it.  Why?  because IT WORKS.


 I ultimately see a way for Kroger to get customers out of the store in ten seconds or less:

They come in, see there is no product on the shelves, turn around, and head to the nearest Wal-Mart of their choice.


 OOPS! They'll be screwed there, too: same problem. We're so focussed on this crazy, useless binning system that entire shelf displays go empty for hours at a time....while the product sits impotently in the store rooms~


 You can't sell thin air! The product does no good sitting in the backroom, when it can be out on the floor for the customers to purchase...And the customers are always asking why the shelves and displays are empty of sale items. Sorry, but every available employee seems to be doing everything else around here, but filling what needs to be filled...This can be really bad during holidays...i.e. no canned pumpkin, milk, flour, eggs, pie crusts, french fried onions, hash browns, etc. Certain items just sell out very quickly, and it's not easy to stay on top of them, unless you're constantly filling the shelves...



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Drew P Weiner wrote:

On a more serious note,

One of the Que-Vision specialists was in our store about a week ago.  They said it is best to keep the queing at 80-90%.  Our store has been doing above 90% for the past couple of weeks and as a result, hours on the front end have been slashed dramatically.  Yet management tells everybody to go for the highest scores and be the best you can possibly be.

If you go below 80%, you will likely see the district manager or a front end coordinator in your store asking why the scores are so low.

Our union rep was in a couple days ago and made the "10 seconds or less" comment.  He told us he said that to the district manager who nearly hung up on him.  What makes Que-Vision even more stressful is if you have a calloff on the front end that isn't replaced.  The problems we and other stores have been having is that people are being called up front more frequently and kept longer because of calloffs.

The DM's comment to this was that anybody who called off would be written up.  Rep's response was "Then you'll be hit with grievances because I will file on every single one"


 Call-offs? Yes. But let's also not forget suspensions, firings, people quitting left and right (How do you stem the tide???)...those things happen sometimes...and then what do you have left when all is said and done?...a skeleton crew...A REAL LIVE SKELETON CREW...and what good is a skeleton crew during those busy holidays? Stores don't replace needed people, and they just keep getting further and further behind in the process. You want things to work properly, you have to have bodies (people) to make them work...What looks good on paper has to be implemented in real life!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Seriously...did any of you people not see this coming???



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:
Permalink   

ELMS IS A JOKE,... whoever programmed it needs to re-write it because district staff simply repeat what is told to them but they can't back up or prove anything they are saying. "you'll get extra hours for this or that".. but you never do and I can prove it. So who's accountable now?? Who is accountable for making sure ELMS is even functioning??/ I want someone to show me the code and prove it. i.e. you earn X number of hours for every Cheese roll you sell" Already tested that one, you can sell 500 of them, you won't see any more hours.....


so why isn't corporate made to PROVE what they are saying is true, but we are accountable for for every little damn thing in the store. What???

My CSM actually found a budget she had from 2001 with sales of around 450K. We now do 750K and have LESS HOURS on the front end. I rest my case.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

krogerman77 wrote:

Well since que-vision has been installed in our store I've spent more time up front than any time in recent memory.  Told my store manager this and he seemed shocked that someone had the balls to say they don't like it. 

Anyway I was closing in the deli tonight and while I went to lunch our manager called the other person (It was in the evening and there were only two of in the deli at the time) up front to run a register. Now how damned stupid is that?!

And we are last in the zone in checkout times since the inception of que-vision, so our asshat zone manager is having a new register installed in our store.  We ain't got enough people to run the registers we got, so I don't see how we are being helped by adding a new one. 

And finally since que-vision began when the damned thing goes red, managers have been getting onto registers to ring up customers.  This don't seem right to me!  Anyway, I'm wondering what you think about this P.O.S. technology?


 THE CASHIERS AT THE oWOSSO MI STORE ARE SCARED TOTAKE ANY COUPONS SINCE 20 OR EMPLOYEES WERE SUSPENDED OVER COUPONS THEY TOOK OR USED!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

que vision can be a good tool to help the front end get customers in and out more efficiently in theory. the problem is that people aren't onboard with it including management and the system fails too regularly. the csm should have front end people that are surge to prevent that. and of management is apt to believe that we are the only problem because the system is holy. they are also trying it with every store and there are some stores that no matter what are going to fail que vision due to circumstances beyond our control. fix the system, listen to what your people have to say, or get rid of it.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I am a floor supervisior at my store. I seem to be the only one that can go a whole day with out dips. Maybe it's the supervisor at your store. I am one of the youngest employees at my store. I love my job, because im good at it. Stop whining about QueVision, yes it is not always accurate.. but it lets you know when you need to open, which if you're retarded and cant see that you are not in 1+1 compliance it helps. I ran floors for 8 hours in a store that was on reserve power, alone. short a checker and had only 1 dip. So sorry if i don't feel bad for you because you are incapable of doing your job. Truth hurts. And if you are not a floor supervisor or a part of management, you don't have to deal with QueVision. And if you are having to and you aren't a part of either of these groups, tell your district front end coordinator. Obviously no store is perfect and i know my store isn't. However, i take pride in my work and i do my job well.  If you are being mistreated tel your union rep. Tell upper-management. I know breetz visits every store at least twice a year, i talk to him every time he visits and i let him know how the store is going when he is there. This seems to get things done very quickly. If you are a cashier and you're being repremanded for not staying in compliance, it isn't your job to do so. That's what your supervisor is for. But if you have more than one person checking out and one person in line waiting, CALL FOR CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE TO THE FRONT. Every store has surge checkers and baggers, if no one comes call a manager, call mantainence, call people off the lot. During holidays coporate accepts the fact that the store is filled over-capacity with customers and they aren't going to gripe at you for not staying in Que. If your CSM doesn't jump on a register when there are lines, ask them about it, if nothing changes talk to the manager. Customers walk around the store dealing with all the confusing price tags with the PC items and Participating items and they dont want to have to deal with standing in line when they get to the checkout. Also i know that associates dont have great attitudes. But as an associate, you need to commit to the job, trust me it makes the shift go by way faster if you just embrace every single customer that walks into your line. I understand you're tired and you want to go home by the 5th hour of your shift but if you just keep being nice and keep providing customer 1st service, you will be highly satisfied at the end of your shift. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 968
Date:
Permalink   

Que Vision works only up to a certain degree my friends. If it is a busy day where surge checkers are having to go up front instead of sustaining their department then chances are some of your departments aren't going to meet the OOS Goal for the store. Its either one or the other most times especially in terms of Grocery who needs to be filling shelves daily. Secondly, I can say that Que Vision really only works with Mainstream, Upper Mainstream, and Upscale locations where they have a much larger workforce, hours, and employees. The stores that suffer under such a program is value stores who have little hours, few employees, and lower sales. In value stores you'll find that often times you'll have more customers, but buying fewer items.

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date:
Permalink   

Que Vision works in some stores, not all. For instance in smaller stores where you only have 1 or 2 people in a dept and those 2 people are being called to the front to help checking/bagging some 10+ times in a 8 hour period equating to a minimum of 1 to 2 hours a day total per day being taken from the dept then in this case it doesn't work. Bare min 7 hours a week being stolen from the dept and never made up it puts the dept further and further and further behind. The system was supposed to add those hours back to each dept however there is a loophole, if your on checkout for less than 15 minutes per callup then you get NO CREDIT. If your bagging on callup you get NO CREDIT. You would have to live on the front end checking in order to get credit. This is the sad truth of the matter. I like getting checked out quick too, heck who doesn't but look what price it's costing us. I see the shelves getting weaker and weaker all because of Que Vision, I mean its a great concept if you have the manpower but not all Kroger stores were created equal

__________________

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Our store too.  They keep hiring more cashiers.  They are not giving some full-timers 40 hours unless they bump.  They have many people on the schedule with no, zip, zero hours.  But they do call them in first if there is a call off or (someone leaked) company is coming.  I think this is so unethical.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

So I don't know how it is in your store but we have que vision in our store at kroger.  And it sucks.  I don't know how it is there but if que vision drops to 73% more than three times that supervisor get's shafted with they're hours.  I lost 5 hours one week because I was staffed only 2 cashiers and que vision was asking for 5 cashiers to be on so when que vision dropped and I lost my hours I was right pissed at the company.  I think the inventor of que vision should go play in on coming traffic.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1649
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

So I don't know how it is in your store but we have que vision in our store at kroger.  And it sucks.  I don't know how it is there but if que vision drops to 73% more than three times that supervisor get's shafted with they're hours.  I lost 5 hours one week because I was staffed only 2 cashiers and que vision was asking for 5 cashiers to be on so when que vision dropped and I lost my hours I was right pissed at the company.  I think the inventor of que vision should go play in on coming traffic.


Sounds more like scheduling is the issue, not necessarily queuevision. That system is doing its job, but you shouldn't be penalized because you weren't given enough hours.

You should also make sure your store has enough cross-trained associates. This includes baggers who can check, as well as associates from other departments who can. This is very important to handling surges in customer flow.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

NOBODY SHOULD BE CALLING MEMBERS FROM PERISHABLE DEPTS TO CHECK. CHECK YOUR QUEVISION DAYAFTER REPORT AND SEE IF YOU HAVE TO MUCH LABOR IN THE MORNING AND SHIFT THE HOURS TO YOUR PRIMETIME SHIFT. BUT THEY NEED TO STOP CALLING YOUR PERISHABLE DEPT. MEMBERS.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO CROSSTRAIN YOUR STAFF. UC/COMBOS, DAIRY CLECK SHOULD KNOW HOW TO CHECK. ALSO GROCERY FLOOR CLERKS AND GM CLERCKS SHOULD KNOW HOW TO CHECK.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 63
Date:
Permalink   

Here is my most recent nightmare. I am the floral manager and doing about 10k weekly right now in sales. Yesterday, I was called to the register twice and bagged as well, because of inadequate front end scheduling, and because folks didn't want to come to work. Within 20 minutes of my closing help clocking in, she was put on a register. We weren't even busy. OMG - "we've had 8 dips all day- she has to stay up front". Mind you- the task I wanted her to work on would put her within 20 feet of the last register. But she was told by the unit manager that she had to stand at the register, regardless of whether we were in que or not. Her job was to water and go through poinsettias and face up that display (not so important this time of year, right?) BTW- we are #1 in poinsettia sales in our district, and that is not by accident. This is all on the heels of being called up front every day of the week. They also wear out drug gm and the scan coordinator and administrative asst. That's where the abuse ends- no other departments are called up. Last night, my girl was up front at least 3 hours out of her 4 hour shift. What am I supposed to do? All day, I worked on fruit and gift baskets, required this time of year, and left watering to her. So now I go in to a truck, and a bunch of shabby poinsettias because she was not allowed to do the job I left for her to do, and left her time to run a register if needed. I have never seen a more disruptive program in my entire 30-plus years with this company. The stress it puts us under is unbearable, and demoralizing. I am going in today and cancelling the extra product that I ordered for Christmas selling, because I may not be able to properly care for and merchandise it. And I don't necessarily blame our management team for the chaos. I blame this company. Our cashiers, for the most part, make minimum wage, and don't care whether they keep their job or not. They are not written up or fired for attendance, because it's kinda hard to get help that will accept a non-living wage . No mature person with a family can. So the kids call out, and we are their crutch. One more thing- how is it cost-effective to have all these experienced employees, that all have their own departments to run, up front when you could hire at least 2 cashiers for every one of us, and more on Sunday? I just don't get it.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

If you try your best to stay in Q but don't have adequate help on your shift, then what? 2 cashiers and a supervisor 8????



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

After 8 I meant!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

That's so ignorant! It's sooooo easy to say all of that when your department is the one getting all the free help! Let me ask you, if the grocery guy and deli girl HAVE to spend 2 hours checking for you would you send a bagger to go help them? 

 

That's the situation WE face every day, as in ACTUAL department heads. Our people spend hours helping you guys stay at 100 at our departments cost. That's hours that we don't get back, hours wasted! When in three hours my dairy guy can break down a truck instead he's bagging some customers groceries while the CSM is standing there watching him do it. How is that fair? And at the end of the day my guy has holes everywhere and you wanna tell him "oh, well it's your fault work faster" while you sit there on a 100 at the end of the day. Smh this company is not the same as it was 10 years ago. When associates were just as important as customers. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2563
Date:
Permalink   

^A department head who gets it. I like you!

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

4hourrush wrote:

^A department head who gets it. I like you!


 I like him too. I think that the floor supervisor should be on a register before anyone from a different department. And a manager can supervise in the meantime. At my store though, they'll call the entire dairy and floral department to run the front end and the managers start bitching about milk and eggs getting low and 'un-helped' customers in floral (who by the way could be helped by, I don't know... Managers?). I don't know. Maybe I'm an idiot. But I've had the short-lived miracle of having a couple store managers who actually get on a register before they call for help. Certain co-managers in my store fear that getting on a register is grievable, but they're not afraid to write someone up for tasks they couldn't finish because of the very checking they had to do.

 

/rant over



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1649
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

4hourrush wrote:

^A department head who gets it. I like you!


I like him too. I think that the floor supervisor should be on a register before anyone from a different department. And a manager can supervise in the meantime. At my store though, they'll call the entire dairy and floral department to run the front end and the managers start bitching about milk and eggs getting low and 'un-helped' customers in floral (who by the way could be helped by, I don't know... Managers?). I don't know. Maybe I'm an idiot. But I've had the short-lived miracle of having a couple store managers who actually get on a register before they call for help. Certain co-managers in my store fear that getting on a register is grievable, but they're not afraid to write someone up for tasks they couldn't finish because of the very checking they had to do.

/rant over


That's what is supposed to happen. The relief help order is supposed to start with all FE relief first. Then the FS gets on a lane and pages mgmt. Then mgmt calls relief from other depts.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Quit, because it sounds like you are one of the employees running off customers with poor service and a poor attitude.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2563
Date:
Permalink   

If this was to the OP, he created it 4 years ago. And he still works at Kroger, guess what, it hasn't gotten any better. You can't give good service when you're in the deli and being called up to run register. People can't check out if there is no product for them to buy.

But obviously you're a troll so none of this really matters!

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I hate que-vision!!!! Tonight the power went out and it still counted while the power was out. The manager took all the cashiers and had them doing stuff since all the coolers were out and we got really backed up. Also, uscan was down so that didn't help. I don't understand how corporate expects us to keep the scores good when you don't give us enough cashiers and baggers! I am sick and tired of que-vision!!!!!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Our power was out too and it still counted dips, I hate quevision with a passion! In a big business such as Kroger you would think that they wouldnt want to "rush" the customer off..cause technically thats what were doing to maintain a good score.. but if its "customer first" then we need to take our time with each individual customer and not feel so rushed no



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I posted this on another thread but I feel it is more relevant here. :)

I have about 9 produce employees in my department. Every single one of them gets called to check about 10 ****in' times a day and they can't stay on task and complete their jobs properly. It's a god damned joke how poorly the front ends in the company are run. I'm sure there are some that have it together but not many from my 15 years with the company. Sometimes my employees are gone upwards of 30 minutes at a time! My assistant and myself are the only ones who don't run up to check because we actually have about 18 hours of work to do in 8 hours time, IE orders, paperwork,floral,scheduling etc etc(generally end up staying 10 hours a day anyhow. :D)Anyone that has worked in a high volume store(my dept does 100k a week) knows how you have to stay focused to keep the product full and fresh and not get pulled away every 15 minutes. Que Vision is an absolutely failed investment in 90% of the stores. Getting people through checkout is all and good but it's a fruitless endeavor if the shelves are shot. Good day! :D 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard