Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Strike!


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Date:
Strike!
Permalink   


In Nashville, we haven't been on a strike since the 80s. With the bulls**t that we're being handed now, we..are...not...going...to....stand....for....it!!!



__________________
It's all about respect...


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 820
Date:
Permalink   

Is it a comfirmed strike?

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1170
Date:
Permalink   

trust me....

  the old lady cashiers and the single mommy workers do not want to go on strike so they will "ben dover" and take what is handed to them.  their majority vote will over ride the decision to strike.  its too damn close to christmas time and littlle tommy needs his new xbox

 



__________________

Tonight. We are young.So lets set the world on fire.We can burn brighter than the sun.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 839
Date:
Permalink   

not saying it is a confirmation or not but my best guess is there will not be a strike soon. Kroger seems to always push things to the limit and just do not thinkk kroger is ready for a strike to happen yet. Only resoning behind it is this. Every time there is a stike ( last major one in Califonia ) kroger has a plan for bringing in help from all over the country to help run the stores. Have not heard anything like that so far. Have a co-manager that worked the nashville area before and he has not heard anything on that from other former people up there. If kroger really thought there was a serious chance of a strike, they would have c0`s and manaher trainees ready from other areas ready to go and just not hearing that yet.



__________________

krogertalk.com



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:
Permalink   

Druthers wrote:

In Nashville, we haven't been on a strike since the 80s. With the bulls**t that we're being handed now, we..are...not...going...to....stand....for....it!!!


 Just curious if you're talking about a new contract they gave your area or some new key retailing bull**** corporate has come up with. 



__________________

If it doesn't make sense, then it must make perfect Kroger sense!



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1331
Date:
Permalink   

FruitNveggie wrote:
Druthers wrote:

In Nashville, we haven't been on a strike since the 80s. With the bulls**t that we're being handed now, we..are...not...going...to....stand....for....it!!!


 Just curious if you're talking about a new contract they gave your area or some new key retailing bull**** corporate has come up with. 


I'm guessing the contract, but who knows since it's still in mediation after expiring May 19...



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Date:
Permalink   

No. Nothing is confirmed, yet. But, from what our steward is telling us, this is the worst propositions we've ever been dealt. Mainly, dealing with insurance. And if there isn't a strike, you're going to see a major exodus of folks leaving because of this. Strike or not.
And, in mentioning the company bringing in others to help if there is a strike. The last time Nashville had one, these idiots were wrecking trucks all over town. And the scabs that were working in our stores....come to think of it....they're just as stupid as the ones working now. CAUSE THIS FU**ING COMPANY DOESN'T WANT TO SPEND THE TIME OR MONEY TO ACTUALLY TRAIN ANYONE. (Including mgmt.)

__________________
It's all about respect...


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 820
Date:
Permalink   

I have emergency funds i'm saving up for a possible strike. I've currently saved $1500 and should have around $4500 around June by the time the contract is up. I would be able to strike and do well for many many months.

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1331
Date:
Permalink   

our contract is up. has been for several months. the way i understand it, that pretty much means they could potentially call for a strike at any time with little to no warning.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 487
Date:
Permalink   

grumpy1 wrote:

not saying it is a confirmation or not but my best guess is there will not be a strike soon. Kroger seems to always push things to the limit and just do not thinkk kroger is ready for a strike to happen yet. Only resoning behind it is this. Every time there is a stike ( last major one in Califonia ) kroger has a plan for bringing in help from all over the country to help run the stores. Have not heard anything like that so far. Have a co-manager that worked the nashville area before and he has not heard anything on that from other former people up there. If kroger really thought there was a serious chance of a strike, they would have c0`s and manaher trainees ready from other areas ready to go and just not hearing that yet.


 oy, i remember this, they used people all the way from here in GA !



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1170
Date:
Permalink   

we came close to a strike a couple years ago.  but i got a hunch (and i could be wrong) that one day soon things will fall into place and a strike will be adverted.  they will conger up some deal that will satisfy the masses and those people will vote not to go on strike b/c they need the money to pay the heat bill and will be scared to go on strike.  you'll see! 



__________________

Tonight. We are young.So lets set the world on fire.We can burn brighter than the sun.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

You need to be concerned when signs start showing up at your store indicating "special store hours" (which is what happened in my area in 2007).  But with these negotiations, it's all about who will blink first.  The union will push and push, threaten to strike, until suddenly, an 11th hour deal is struck.

 

No one wins in a strike.  No one.  Workers loose pay, customers loose out on service they deserve, and the Company looses sales and potential customer base.  The Company probably has the most to loose, because they do not want to loose a single customer to a competitor.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 820
Date:
Permalink   

You know the funny thing is Grumpy there is only 1 or 2 company owned knives in our department. The rest were bought by the meat cutters. They'd have to go out and buy knives before they could cut. Oh and they never buy us any cut resistant gloves, so they'll need some of those too. I think on the next contract for local 540 its time to stand up. HEB has moved into Grandbury and they're building a store on the edge of Keller.
They're really going to have to step it up not only on the pay scale to keep people, but they'll need to revert back to random weigh meat if not grinding it on site. HEB still does fresh instore grind. Guess where the customers will go to get their meat that Kroger is so hellbent on transforming into prepack? They even said at a meeting that part of 4 keys that people come to shop is Meat and Produce.

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard