Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Demoted back to Courtesy Clerk
Anonymous

Date:
Demoted back to Courtesy Clerk
Permalink   


So I recently became a casier for a month well last night I was told 2 of my tills came up short. Which I know is not mostly my fault because at my store 3 ppl r on a till before they exchange it. Well my front end manager said she would put me on my own till to watch me. Well tonight I was told by one of my store managers that my front end manager and head store manager said it would be best if I voluntarily go down to courtesy clerk. So i signed a paper that said I would. What do you guys think?

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Did they actually try you in isolation or just decide to skip that part?  Sounds like they skipped it.

If you're young they might have done it for your own good in case it was your fault, they'd rather see you've still got a job.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

So I recently became a casier for a month well last night I was told 2 of my tills came up short. Which I know is not mostly my fault because at my store 3 ppl r on a till before they exchange it. Well my front end manager said she would put me on my own till to watch me. Well tonight I was told by one of my store managers that my front end manager and head store manager said it would be best if I voluntarily go down to courtesy clerk. So i signed a paper that said I would. What do you guys think?


 Was there a union representative there when they asked you to sign the paper?  Never sign anything without union representation, and never sign anything that you know is not in your best interest.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

well yeah to answer both ur questions yes my front end manager said she would isolate me but she told me last night. also when i signed the paper only person there was the manager who asked me to sign it

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

it sounds like instead of isolating like your front end manager said she's do, after aking to her boss  the store manager decided to just ask if you'd agree to be demoted.  how short were the drawers? 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 663
Date:
Permalink   

Our tills always 10 or 50 dollars short or over. No one till is 100 present correct because you can make a mistake that make it look like your till is more than what it needs to be.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

idk how short my tills were she just told me that 3 of the tills i have been on since I have been a cashier for a month have all come up short.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 808
Date:
Permalink   

Never sign anything. Thats personal bargaing

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:
Permalink   

how would one go about not signing something, lets say those safety period papers... without them getting offended?



-- Edited by LostGeneralClerk on Sunday 6th of January 2013 10:13:58 PM

__________________
What the hell do you want?
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

LostGeneralClerk wrote:

how would one go about not signing something, lets say those safety period papers... without them getting offended?



-- Edited by LostGeneralClerk on Sunday 6th of January 2013 10:13:58 PM


 At my store, whenever they have those papers "you are responsible blah blah blah" about safety and all that, we will PRINT our name, and where it says signature, just write RTS (Refused to sign).

I was told, they don't need us to sign them, just that we have seen them. If you sign, then someone slips and falls near you for some reason. They can lay blame and responsibility on you, and not store/store management.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 808
Date:
Permalink   

LostGeneralClerk wrote:

how would one go about not signing something, lets say those safety period papers... without them getting offended?



-- Edited by LostGeneralClerk on Sunday 6th of January 2013 10:13:58 PM


 You mean like the "Department Safety Standards"? I wouldn't and won't sign any of them. I tell them thats personal bargaining wheter they get offended or not.



__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 310
Date:
Permalink   

My tills were coming up short at the store where I used to work at until I was told by a friend to always count my till at the time it is handed to me. Turns out, the tills were short before they even got to me.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Demoted?! At my store, 90% of the baggers are being paid more than the cashiers! they work less hours so they have about the same paycheck size, but most cashiers are making $7.25-$7.50/hour and our baggers are making upwards of $8.50-$9!!!

 

i WISH my FE manager would LET me be a bagger!

A cashier and bagger working the same time, say 25 hours a week, without taxes this woulld be thier paychecks: C: $181.25-187.5. B: $212.5-225.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1171
Date:
Permalink   

That doesn't make any sense. I thought courtesy clerks weren't able to get raises that high in the first place.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Demoted?! At my store, 90% of the baggers are being paid more than the cashiers! they work less hours so they have about the same paycheck size, but most cashiers are making $7.25-$7.50/hour and our baggers are making upwards of $8.50-$9!!!

 

i WISH my FE manager would LET me be a bagger!

A cashier and bagger working the same time, say 25 hours a week, without taxes this woulld be thier paychecks: C: $181.25-187.5. B: $212.5-225.


 I'm dying to see your union contract now. Please scan and post the wage section.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

store815 wrote:

Our tills always 10 or 50 dollars short or over. No one till is 100 present correct because you can make a mistake that make it look like your till is more than what it needs to be.


 sorry, but how the **** is a till off 10 to 50 dollars and your managers are ok with it?? ours are usually off with just the coins, and officially the rule is something like the store's cash for the day is allowed to be off by 10 cents per 1000 dollars.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

10 or 50 over or short? thats insane.  

at uscan if it's over/under $5 we count all the robots.  it's a pain. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1226
Date:
Permalink   

Our uscan only gets counted (enough to get an over/short) once per week. That's lean accounting. Our tills often come up significantly over/short as well, but most of the time it comes back in the inventory or mistendered payments or unrung miscellaneous sales/refunds. And that limit of $.10 per $1000 is per week, not per day, which is stricter, but in the end, all the accounting person ends up doing is fixing what can be fixed and reporting the numbers as is.

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard