Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: All employees Ask yourself these questions?
Anonymous

Date:
All employees Ask yourself these questions?
Permalink   


Does your team like their job? 

Do they want to work? 

Do they need to improve? Of course they do, (No one is perfect)

Where do they need to improve? 

Where don't they need to improve? 

Do you want to succeed at your job? 

Do you need to improve? Of course, you do, everyone needs to improve something

Where do you need to improve? 

What can you do to make the improvements and get your TEAM to work as a TEAM? 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

lol, as long as Kroger pays its employees extremely low wages (lower than a lot of our competitors), hire nothing but kids that have no stake in the company as a career (i.e. no motivation to do a good job or show up in the first place), and continues to understaff their stores; no one is gonna give enough of a **** to improve. Bye Felicia



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Kroger says they are going to raise wages. I wonder when.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Kroger says they are going to raise wages. I wonder when.

 


   I've heard the last week of June



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Kroger says they are going to raise wages. I wonder when.

 


   I've heard the last week of June


 Does that go to all Kroger divisions? Every state? No one in my store knows anything, union is useless as usual. My store starts new hires at $7.85

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Does your team like their job? 

Do they want to work? 

Do they need to improve? Of course they do, (No one is perfect)

Where do they need to improve? 

Where don't they need to improve? 

Do you want to succeed at your job? 

Do you need to improve? Of course, you do, everyone needs to improve something

Where do you need to improve? 

What can you do to make the improvements and get your TEAM to work as a TEAM? 


 Why don't you just **** off?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 124
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Does your team like their job? 

Do they want to work? 

Do they need to improve? Of course they do, (No one is perfect)

Where do they need to improve? 

Where don't they need to improve? 

Do you want to succeed at your job? 

Do you need to improve? Of course, you do, everyone needs to improve something

Where do you need to improve? 

What can you do to make the improvements and get your TEAM to work as a TEAM? 


No, They Dont

They want a paycheck To live their lives freely.

There is not much improving to be done or cared to be done if Kroger does not give us the agency to do so.

Pay employees more, and then well talk about where they need to improve.

Where dont they need to improve?? Seriously??

Does Kroger and my division/district/store management want me to succeed?

I think Im great at my job, personally. That sounds like a leading question meant to entrap and lower self confidence. I do all that i can do everyday. Hire more capable people and more will get done.

see above

Its nobodys job to take responsibility for another persons work ethic.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Does your team like their job? 

Do they want to work? 

Do they need to improve? Of course they do, (No one is perfect)

Where do they need to improve? 

Where don't they need to improve? 

Do you want to succeed at your job? 

Do you need to improve? Of course, you do, everyone needs to improve something

Where do you need to improve? 

What can you do to make the improvements and get your TEAM to work as a TEAM? 


 Why don't you just **** off?


     Why do you have to respond so negatively? Do you hate yourself, so much that you can't be positive or not respond at all? 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

lol, as long as Kroger pays its employees extremely low wages (lower than a lot of our competitors), hire nothing but kids that have no stake in the company as a career (i.e. no motivation to do a good job or show up in the first place), and continues to understaff their stores; no one is gonna give enough of a **** to improve. Bye Felicia


        What happened to "you have to earn it". If your not going to do your best, then why pay you for your best? If your not going to do your job at all you should be getting paid nothing at all! Be happy you still have a job, even though you suck at it!!!!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Kroger says they are going to raise wages. I wonder when.

 


   I've heard the last week of June


 Does that go to all Kroger divisions? Every state? No one in my store knows anything, union is useless as usual. My store starts new hires at $7.85

 


        I honestly can't answer that! I only know for our district! 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

lol, as long as Kroger pays its employees extremely low wages (lower than a lot of our competitors), hire nothing but kids that have no stake in the company as a career (i.e. no motivation to do a good job or show up in the first place), and continues to understaff their stores; no one is gonna give enough of a **** to improve. Bye Felicia


        What happened to "you have to earn it". If your not going to do your best, then why pay you for your best? If your not going to do your job at all you should be getting paid nothing at all! Be happy you still have a job, even though you suck at it!!!!


 Wow, you seem like a well adjusted *******. I have to "earn" the right to make living wages? Kindly **** off



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Does your team like their job?

No.  It's ****ing dead end retail hell.  Maybe one or two seem to like it.  One may be on drugs, which would honestly explain an awful lot.  The other one is so new I haven't figured out if she actually likes it or is just faking it.  Everyone else is miserable.

Do they want to work?

Does anyone really want to work?  A few want to work in other departments, but otherwise no.  The front end is really bad for this, but some of the other departments don't appear to mind as much.  Cashiering kind of makes me want to kill myself.  I'd be much happier doing almost anything else.

Do they need to improve? Where do they need to improve?

There isn't really anything in the way of training or guidance these days.  One cashier gets really snippy with customers because she struggles to tender the order and anything else is impossible for her (prices changes, partial payment, etc).  No one knows how to work SCO.  Some cashiers give the store away.  Some lie and go out of their way not to help the customer no matter what.  No one really knows what policy is.  Hygiene is sometimes an issue.

Some cashiers sneak off the register and pretend to face coolers and displays or sort gobacks, or bag for other cashiers so they don't have to cashier.

A lot of courtesy clerks find ways to escape the front end.  Less creative ones just walk off, and others pretend to do other work (carts, gobacks, grab & go, etc).  Hygiene is an issue since carts makes them sweat, and our store doesn't give out uniforms.  Some courtesy clerks even sneak into the offices and steal them.

Management is mostly incompetent and uncaring.

Where don't they need to improve?

Some cashiers are actually pretty decent and give good customer service.  I'm not sure how that happens here.

Our courtesy clerks are mostly pretty terrible, though.  The best ones get poached by other departments or get better jobs when they turn 18, so bad ones accumulate.

Do you want to succeed at your job?

No.  I hate it here.  And here's a scary thought: what is success... according to Kroger?

Do you need to improve? Of course, you do, everyone needs to improve something.  Where do you need to improve?

My attitude is terrible and I really hate the customers.  I delight in passive aggression with customers and management alike.  I "forget" to scan a lot of stuff.  If a customer really pisses me off, I might damage their items.  On senior day, I love to give cool customers the senior discount and sign up their card for it.  Otherwise, no one else gets it unless they are already signed up or ask for it.  Sometimes I like to scan extra coupons for cool customers.  Sometimes my unhappiness flows over into alcoholism.  And sometimes on the clock.

What can you do to make the improvements and get your TEAM to work as a TEAM?

Not a goddamned thing.  I have no power over other employees.  Unless something comes down as an edict on high from corporate/management, it's completely and totally irrelevant.

What happened to "you have to earn it". If your not going to do your best, then why pay you for your best?

That's ...not a Kroger thing.  I'm not getting paid for my best, so how can I give it my best?  The flip side is if the pay is the minimum allowed by law, what can you honestly expect?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I'm pretty sure the coworker I mentioned above is on drugs.  The last couple shifts, she's been super jittery and on edge, and was on the verge of a freakout when her break was late.

Last shift, she was scrubbing down SCO and everything around it like a junkie in a PSA.  Freezer doors, ad racks, everything.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard