Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: I was hired, but haven't gotten a call for orientation. Please help!
Anonymous

Date:
I was hired, but haven't gotten a call for orientation. Please help!
Permalink   


I had a job interview at Kroger, and was hired as a click-list associate on Saturday April 29th. The hiring manager I met with told me she would call me within the next couple days to tell me to come to orientation. She even told me "Orientation is on Tuesday" which was May 1st. I never got the call for when orientation was. I called customer service 3 times now. Thankfully I was able to speak to the actual hiring manager and she said "We just got your information in, I will call you in 30 minutes for more details". She never called back. It's now been 10 days and I desperately need a job and I'm extremely anxious. Is this normal Kroger procedure with the hiring process or what? My dad told me I should call again today but that would be 4 times within 10 days, should I trust them that they call back or do I keep calling?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Your story is oh so similar to that of many that have applied for a job at Kroger. If you think the miscommunication/lack of communication is bad now, just wait until you actually start working there.

I would either call back again or go to the store and speak either directly to the co-manager in charge of hiring or another member of management. Heck, you could even ask to speak to the ClickList e-Commerce Supervisor and explain how much you'd like to start working in the department. Depending on how badly in need of help ClickList is at your store, the e-Commerce Supervisor may be able to help speed things along by looking into what's holding things up.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

They are probably too busy posting about"uplifting and feeding the human spirit stories" on yodel



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Ten days?

 

Move on



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Ten days?

 

Move on


 I really wish I could take this advice, but I applied for 25+ jobs months ago and this is the ONLY one that responded. This is my first ever job and I really love the location and the interview went so well. I even had a nightmare last night about this stupid kroger hiring situation I'm in. I really, really want this job. I know it's minimum wage, but it's a job I'd be perfect at.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Your story is oh so similar to that of many that have applied for a job at Kroger. If you think the miscommunication/lack of communication is bad now, just wait until you actually start working there.

I would either call back again or go to the store and speak either directly to the co-manager in charge of hiring or another member of management. Heck, you could even ask to speak to the ClickList e-Commerce Supervisor and explain how much you'd like to start working in the department. Depending on how badly in need of help ClickList is at your store, the e-Commerce Supervisor may be able to help speed things along by looking into what's holding things up.


 Thank you, I called today and the hiring manager was not available, so I left my name and phone number to the woman I spoke with. This is my first ever job, so I'm kind of naive with this stuff, but do you think I'll be able to work there?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I had a job interview at Kroger, and was hired as a click-list associate on Saturday April 29th. The hiring manager I met with told me she would call me within the next couple days to tell me to come to orientation. She even told me "Orientation is on Tuesday" which was May 1st. I never got the call for when orientation was. I called customer service 3 times now. Thankfully I was able to speak to the actual hiring manager and she said "We just got your information in, I will call you in 30 minutes for more details". She never called back. It's now been 10 days and I desperately need a job and I'm extremely anxious. Is this normal Kroger procedure with the hiring process or what? My dad told me I should call again today but that would be 4 times within 10 days, should I trust them that they call back or do I keep calling?


        If your background check didn't come clean, you probably won't get a call. They now wait for the background check before scheduling your orientation. They use to not do this, but it was a disappointment when we would get good workers who wound up failing the back ground check, then having to let them go. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

There's a difference between showing strong initiative and being a delusional stalker.

At the speed business works these days, if you still haven't gotten the green light on this it's time to smell some coffee. And it's not uncommon to be handed a bunch of stupid excuses and half-truths in these matters, it's called the soft - no.

Wake up. Move on.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

There's a difference between showing strong initiative and being a delusional stalker.

At the speed business works these days, if you still haven't gotten the green light on this it's time to smell some coffee. And it's not uncommon to be handed a bunch of stupid excuses and half-truths in these matters, it's called the soft - no.

Wake up. Move on.


 You might be right in some cases, but in this case, I don't agree with the poster quoted above.  Original Poster, you sound like you do have initiative.  So, GO IN TO THE STORE IN PERSON, and ask to talk to the Human Resource Director (or whoever the "HR" co-manager is supposed to be at that store). If they say "sorry he or she isn't here now" ask when they will be. Get the full name of the HR person. 

Ask questions, and explain that you have made contact and have been getting the run-around.  Phone calls often don't work, and they show the company you may not be serious.........walking in and speaking face to face is evidence that you are more serious about actually getting a job.  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Well, I actually got the job. I've already started work and I've been there 4 days now. The hiring manager was extremely busy and apologized for it being so long, it was like that for others as well. I'm from a place with a high population, you probably live in the middle of nowhere land or a store with better management. Yeah, a delusional stocker. Smell my paycheck bitch.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

There's a difference between showing strong initiative and being a delusional stalker.

At the speed business works these days, if you still haven't gotten the green light on this it's time to smell some coffee. And it's not uncommon to be handed a bunch of stupid excuses and half-truths in these matters, it's called the soft - no.

Wake up. Move on.


 Well, I actually got the job. I've already started work and I've been there 4 days now. The hiring manager was extremely busy and apologized for it being so long, it was like that for others as well. I'm from a place with a high population, you probably live in the middle of nowhere land or a store with better management. Yeah, a delusional stocker. Smell my paycheck bitch.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard