Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: DH
Anonymous

Date:
DH
Permalink   


What kind of  questions are asked during an interview for an overnight grocery department head?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

interviewer: are you a body

you: yes of course i'm a body

interviewer: great you're hired

 

famous kroger saying it's a body



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 984
Date:
Permalink   

What does CAO mean?  Computer assisted Ordering.

What are the 5S(look it up)?  Straighten, Shine, Sort, Standardize and Sustain.  Based on Japanese work philosophy.

What are your goals?  To be in stock and to have a good inventory(that means BOHs must be corrected constantly).

How long have you been with Kroger?  Do you understand everything the night manager is responsible for?

Do you understand how to find, read and display the sales plan?

Do you understand Key Retailing?  No glass jars double stacked on top shelf and a million other rules.

Do you understand how to order?  How to scan lows & Holes?  How to scan residual backstock?

Can you motivate and lead your coworkers to get the work done in a timely manner?

Do you understand how to do redirects after order review?

Those are many of the questions from my first five interviews.

My last interview was one question:  Do you understand the functions on the telzon?

I got the position because no one wanted it.  The store would be closing in 9 months and there was no guarantee the manager would get into the new store.

My current store manager said he is very glad he got me as the night manager.

 



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymouse1 wrote:
Do you understand how to do redirects after order review?

 Can you explain this one for me. I'm not the OP, but would like to know.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 984
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Do you understand how to do redirects after order review?

 Can you explain this one for me. I'm not the OP, but would like to know.


When you are doing the order in order review, you are supposed to scan every hole.  When done ordering, you press eacape, 1 for process.  Then, you get a list of questionable products.  That is called redirects. It will show you which aisle and ask if BOH is really 0 or -5. Or, it will ask you if you want to activate product, etc.  Basically, it gives you a list or products to double check.



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:11 PM



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:50 PM

__________________

Here for the fun working environment.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymouse1 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Do you understand how to do redirects after order review?

 Can you explain this one for me. I'm not the OP, but would like to know.


When you are doing the order in order review, you are supposed to scan every hole.  When done ordering, you press eacape, 1 for process.  Then, you get a list of questionable products.  That is called redirects. It will show you which aisle and ask if BOH is really 0 or -5. Or, it will ask you if you want to activate product, etc.  Basically, it gives you a list or products to double check.



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:11 PM



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:50 PM


Thanks for the info.

So do you actually double check the items it wants you to or just ignore it? If you ignore it, is it because you just don't care, know you're right and don't need to double check, or just simply don't have time?

Also do you always use order review when ordering? Are there benefits to it I don't know about?

I'm no DH, I just use item maintenance when scanning to order and lows and holes on the second screen to check date last received or to see if it came in a shipper and I'll just scan a section after finishing stocking it before moving on to the next isle. 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 984
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Do you understand how to do redirects after order review?

 Can you explain this one for me. I'm not the OP, but would like to know.


When you are doing the order in order review, you are supposed to scan every hole.  When done ordering, you press eacape, 1 for process.  Then, you get a list of questionable products.  That is called redirects. It will show you which aisle and ask if BOH is really 0 or -5. Or, it will ask you if you want to activate product, etc.  Basically, it gives you a list or products to double check.



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:11 PM



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:50 PM


Thanks for the info.

So do you actually double check the items it wants you to or just ignore it? If you ignore it, is it because you just don't care, know you're right and don't need to double check, or just simply don't have time?

Also do you always use order review when ordering? Are there benefits to it I don't know about?

I'm no DH, I just use item maintenance when scanning to order and lows and holes on the second screen to check date last received or to see if it came in a shipper and I'll just scan a section after finishing stocking it before moving on to the next isle. 

 


 I spend 2+ hours ordering.  I don't have an hour to walk back thru the store.  I used to walk thru and check everything.  It was pointless.  I think most people press escape a second time and it lets you log off.

My redirects are mostly the same items every night.  And most ask if I want to activate it. 

I do answer the questions for every redirect every night.  If it says it is negative boh, I check to see if someone changed the boh recently.  If they did, then I reverse the change.

If something constantly shows up, I will walk to it in the store and check.  Or, examine it the next time I do an order.

Generally, I say yes if it asks if the BOH is 0.  If the boh is -2, I will adjust it to zero.  Eventually, the Boh will be 0 if I adjust it every night.(interpolation)  I do not activate anything.  I normally have 10-35 redirects each order.

Order review shows the movement for last 7 days and 30 days.  When there is a key retailing check, the examiner does not like to see ordering using Item Maintenance.  I got us flagged for using Item Maintenance to order.... 

I think Ordering using Lows & Holes and Order Review are the preferred methods.  Occasionally, I will use Item Info to order something last minute.

Item Maintenance is from the previous version of CAO before the one we are using now.  I haven't seen Item Maintenance for a long time.  I think it is called Item Info now.  Can't change BOHs in that mode.  I will have to see if I can find the flow chart for the cao revision.  Backstock review is now called Residual scan.

I do not think we are using the same version of cao.

 



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymouse1 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Do you understand how to do redirects after order review?

 Can you explain this one for me. I'm not the OP, but would like to know.


When you are doing the order in order review, you are supposed to scan every hole.  When done ordering, you press eacape, 1 for process.  Then, you get a list of questionable products.  That is called redirects. It will show you which aisle and ask if BOH is really 0 or -5. Or, it will ask you if you want to activate product, etc.  Basically, it gives you a list or products to double check.



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:11 PM



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:50 PM


Thanks for the info.

So do you actually double check the items it wants you to or just ignore it? If you ignore it, is it because you just don't care, know you're right and don't need to double check, or just simply don't have time?

Also do you always use order review when ordering? Are there benefits to it I don't know about?

I'm no DH, I just use item maintenance when scanning to order and lows and holes on the second screen to check date last received or to see if it came in a shipper and I'll just scan a section after finishing stocking it before moving on to the next isle. 

 


 I spend 2+ hours ordering.  I don't have an hour to walk back thru the store.  I used to walk thru and check everything.  It was pointless.  I think most people press escape a second time and it lets you log off.

My redirects are mostly the same items every night.  And most ask if I want to activate it. 

I do answer the questions for every redirect every night.  If it says it is negative boh, I check to see if someone changed the boh recently.  If they did, then I reverse the change.

If something constantly shows up, I will walk to it in the store and check.  Or, examine it the next time I do an order.

Generally, I say yes if it asks if the BOH is 0.  If the boh is -2, I will adjust it to zero.  Eventually, the Boh will be 0 if I adjust it every night.(interpolation)  I do not activate anything.  I normally have 10-35 redirects each order.

Order review shows the movement for last 7 days and 30 days.  When there is a key retailing check, the examiner does not like to see ordering using Item Maintenance.  I got us flagged for using Item Maintenance to order.... 

I think Ordering using Lows & Holes and Order Review are the preferred methods.  Occasionally, I will use Item Info to order something last minute.

Item Maintenance is from the previous version of CAO before the one we are using now.  I haven't seen Item Maintenance for a long time.  I think it is called Item Info now.  Can't change BOHs in that mode.  I will have to see if I can find the flow chart for the cao revision.  Backstock review is now called Residual scan.

I do not think we are using the same version of cao.

 

 

No we're using the same version, I just say item maintenance from memory of the old system which I preferred. Item info sounds correct, I don't even pay attention to the names anymore, just which number to press in CAO, it also shows the movement for 7, and 30 days so really sounds like I'm not missing anything not using order review other then typical corporate wanting things to be done in a certain way BS. I think I'll keep ordering in item info just to piss them off and if it blows back on my DH I wont care since they're a lazy bum and I'm doing half their job for them.   

 

What do you mean when it ask you to activate it? I assume it's changing a item from inactive to active, meaning you've purposefully inactivated items. If so can you give an example of why. I'm told to only inactivate an item if it goes on closeout.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 984
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
Do you understand how to do redirects after order review?

 Can you explain this one for me. I'm not the OP, but would like to know.


When you are doing the order in order review, you are supposed to scan every hole.  When done ordering, you press eacape, 1 for process.  Then, you get a list of questionable products.  That is called redirects. It will show you which aisle and ask if BOH is really 0 or -5. Or, it will ask you if you want to activate product, etc.  Basically, it gives you a list or products to double check.



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:11 PM



-- Edited by Anonymouse1 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 05:36:50 PM


Thanks for the info.

So do you actually double check the items it wants you to or just ignore it? If you ignore it, is it because you just don't care, know you're right and don't need to double check, or just simply don't have time?

Also do you always use order review when ordering? Are there benefits to it I don't know about?

I'm no DH, I just use item maintenance when scanning to order and lows and holes on the second screen to check date last received or to see if it came in a shipper and I'll just scan a section after finishing stocking it before moving on to the next isle. 

 


 I spend 2+ hours ordering.  I don't have an hour to walk back thru the store.  I used to walk thru and check everything.  It was pointless.  I think most people press escape a second time and it lets you log off.

My redirects are mostly the same items every night.  And most ask if I want to activate it. 

I do answer the questions for every redirect every night.  If it says it is negative boh, I check to see if someone changed the boh recently.  If they did, then I reverse the change.

If something constantly shows up, I will walk to it in the store and check.  Or, examine it the next time I do an order.

Generally, I say yes if it asks if the BOH is 0.  If the boh is -2, I will adjust it to zero.  Eventually, the Boh will be 0 if I adjust it every night.(interpolation)  I do not activate anything.  I normally have 10-35 redirects each order.

Order review shows the movement for last 7 days and 30 days.  When there is a key retailing check, the examiner does not like to see ordering using Item Maintenance.  I got us flagged for using Item Maintenance to order.... 

I think Ordering using Lows & Holes and Order Review are the preferred methods.  Occasionally, I will use Item Info to order something last minute.

Item Maintenance is from the previous version of CAO before the one we are using now.  I haven't seen Item Maintenance for a long time.  I think it is called Item Info now.  Can't change BOHs in that mode.  I will have to see if I can find the flow chart for the cao revision.  Backstock review is now called Residual scan.

I do not think we are using the same version of cao.

 

 

No we're using the same version, I just say item maintenance from memory of the old system which I preferred. Item info sounds correct, I don't even pay attention to the names anymore, just which number to press in CAO, it also shows the movement for 7, and 30 days so really sounds like I'm not missing anything not using order review other then typical corporate wanting things to be done in a certain way BS. I think I'll keep ordering in item info just to piss them off and if it blows back on my DH I wont care since they're a lazy bum and I'm doing half their job for them.   

 

What do you mean when it ask you to activate it? I assume it's changing a item from inactive to active, meaning you've purposefully inactivated items. If so can you give an example of why. I'm told to only inactivate an item if it goes on closeout.


 Yes, changing from (A)ctive to (I)nactive.  I guess it would be better to change to (D)iscontinued.  I am not sure why certain items ask that question.  Maybe it is a closeout that still has movement.  I will pay more attention next time I order.  lol.  I do deactivate items if they are being over ordered for no reason.



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard