Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: kroger blocks my unemployment


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
kroger blocks my unemployment
Permalink   


not bad enough, the fire me for petty bull****, after 12 years, then the union sells me out, now, krogewr has stopped me from even geting unemployement.
do they expect me and my familey to starve ?
can't find even  a part time job, and they waste money, fighting me for unemployement.  I tried appealing, but kroger stopped it too.
even after they fire me, they STILL make my life misrable

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

I'd find a lawyer and see if you have a law suit. Barring that, I'd call the local press and claim a manager sexually harassed you. I would kick up such a stink that they would HAVE to take me seriously----I'd keep after them on every level until I got some form of compensation.

Sounds crazy, but I've seen just these tactics work. The thing they want is for you to just curl up and die. Don't give 'em that satisfaction~

__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
Permalink   

nocturnia wrote:

I'd find a lawyer and see if you have a law suit. Barring that, I'd call the local press and claim a manager sexually harassed you. I would kick up such a stink that they would HAVE to take me seriously----I'd keep after them on every level until I got some form of compensation.

Sounds crazy, but I've seen just these tactics work. The thing they want is for you to just curl up and die. Don't give 'em that satisfaction~



First and foremost: DO NOT LIE! Seriously, if you lie about sexual harassment and they do an investigation, which I promise you they will, the last thing you'll be worrying about is starving. You're out of a job and Kroger has the money to fight a sexual harassment claim. Which is ALSO slander, which ALSO means YOU would be paying Kroger for damages when they find out you lied. It's not worth it. I would agree that you shouldn't just go away but I don't know the story behind your being fired. If you got fired unjustly, tell the truth, get written statements from fellow employees. Write down every single thing you can to refute what they fired you over. It's a lot of work but will be worth it in the end.
I just thought of something...were you full or part time? I remember hearing that a part time employee will not receive unemployment. I'm not sure if it's in the contract agreement or what, but that may be something you want to find out as well.    


__________________
Quote from the Boss: I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

I didn't mean literally use that as an example----but what if I did? It would be Kroger's word against his. You can believe me when I tell you, if the story went that this harassment occured without any witnesses and no way to prove or disprove it, at the very least they would transfer, de mote or even fire the accused manager

But my real point was, do what ever you have to do to get some just compensation after getting screwed out of unemployment for TWELVE YEARS on the job.



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
Permalink   

But we don't know the reason he got fired. Besides, he may not even qualify for unemployment. It doesn't matter how long you work for Kroger. It DOES matter if you're full time or part time.

__________________
Quote from the Boss: I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Oboro718 wrote:

But we don't know the reason he got fired. Besides, he may not even qualify for unemployment. It doesn't matter how long you work for Kroger. It DOES matter if you're full time or part time.



Good point. We don't know all the details yet...


__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
Permalink   

Maybe he's out looking for a jobbie job?

__________________
Quote from the Boss: I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
Permalink   

full time, the entire 12 years.

the official paper work reason i was suspended, failure to follow instructions.

the real reason, they wanted to cut any long term , full timers.

anytime you file unemployement, they notify the last place you worked for, they can either do nothing,let you get it, or gather evidence, and fight to stop you. if they  say you were a lousy employee, that deserved firing, and can sway the unempoyement office, you get nothing

it cost kroger time and money to do this, but the did it, even thou it doesn't cost them for me to get it. it comes from money you pay every check, in taxes.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

barada wrote:

full time, the entire 12 years.

the official paper work reason i was suspended, failure to follow instructions.

the real reason, they wanted to cut any long term , full timers.

anytime you file unemployement, they notify the last place you worked for, they can either do nothing,let you get it, or gather evidence, and fight to stop you. if they  say you were a lousy employee, that deserved firing, and can sway the unempoyement office, you get nothing

it cost kroger time and money to do this, but the did it, even thou it doesn't cost them for me to get it. it comes from money you pay every check, in taxes.


 

 F---ING RIGHT; that's what pisses me OFF so much about unemployment benes getting refused! We pay----INVOLUNTARILLY---out of each and every check. And in the end, we have to fight  to receive our just claim??

 

I refer to my original response in this thread: do what ever you have to do to get your money!

 

God speed, sir!



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
Permalink   

barada wrote:

full time, the entire 12 years.

the official paper work reason i was suspended, failure to follow instructions.

the real reason, they wanted to cut any long term , full timers.

anytime you file unemployement, they notify the last place you worked for, they can either do nothing,let you get it, or gather evidence, and fight to stop you. if they  say you were a lousy employee, that deserved firing, and can sway the unempoyement office, you get nothing

it cost kroger time and money to do this, but the did it, even thou it doesn't cost them for me to get it. it comes from money you pay every check, in taxes.


 Is the official claim "failure" or "refusal" to follow instructions? If you failed to follow instructions, then you can claim you just didn't understand what they wanted you to do. If it's refusal, that's insubordination and anyone from salary mgmt. down to the guy/girl who cleans the sh*tters can get fired for that.   

 



-- Edited by Oboro718 on Thursday 24th of March 2011 02:45:02 AM

__________________
Quote from the Boss: I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

i just don't understand this thread quite honestly.   barada is a senior member to this bullitin and I had no idea that <s>he was in threat of termination; has applied for unemployment benefits; gone through all the arbitration processes; then has lost!  All this takes a good 6 week or more.

in today's world, unemployment claims are most often found in favor of the employee. sure some companies will fight to have the claim denied but all the employee needs to do is go into the arbitration and give a real good speach on what a hard worker they have been then the nex thing they know they were on the street.

here is an employee of 12 years!  that means to me that kroger apreciated you for over 4250 days - a  fricken long time.  you sould have a pretty clean track record and i doubt there is anything in your file to prove that you have been warned over the past year is there?  do not settle for doing a phone call arbitration but have a face-to-face one where ever the hell it might be.  make the bastards travel to the locatation and waste their morning on this.  if no one shows up - you win.  if somebody you never seen before from corporate office shows up - say 'who the hell is this'?  if you still lose, ask for another one in your state's capital.

keep fighting and right now write a nice little speech to say at your arbitration. don't be too hateful and emotional yet get your point across.

 

 



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:
Permalink   

I've been following barada's ordeal from the beginning Kroger pulled a huge screwjob in him.

__________________

  The views expressed above are my own and in no way reflect the views of the Kroger company.

 
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I have worked in the company for almost 20 years and never have seen anyone get uneployement for any reason.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Sounds like Kroger needs a major class action law suit.

__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I have worked in the company for almost 20 years and never have seen anyone get uneployement for any reason.


 say what!?!?  come on - you gotta be kidding me.  there is no way a company can tie knots around the unemployment system like that even if it is fricken kroger,

 



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Has anyone heard anyone getting it? Idont think so.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
Permalink   

the union never went as far as arbitration. they dropped it, after the third step greivence, and a lot of stalling. 6 months worth. for sixx months they filled my head, with 'wer,e gonna get your job back with back pay", only to mail me a  letter, saying my greivence had been dropped, never even got to hear it from a person. i filed a complaint with the main union, but nothing ever came of it.

It was failure to follow. which still isn't accurte. i made a paper work error. simply missed one initial, on one line, out of about 20 on that page.

they lumped it under failure to follow, because it's easy to stick ANYTHING under that.

i new something was brewing, when they had me start training a new guy, to do my job. he sucked at it thou, and i diddn';t think they would be foolish enogh to go through with it. the thing is, the store manager absolutly hated me, and made it very clear. she was to be trasnfered soon, and wanted to take me down, before she left . she was moved, the next week, after she got rid of me. thats why i was sure i would win. it was so clear to anyone, this was a personal vendetta, but to my surprise, everyone backed her.

my only things on file, was petty crap. the deli manager had gave us instructions on temp logs, the  P&G people said were a violation, so all of us in the dept got a write up, including her, no warning or anything.

i went fom totally clean, jumped past warning,and 1st step write up, to a three day suspension write up, and 3 months latter, fired. all such BS, but the union never brought any of it up, at any greivence.they told me to say i was wrong, and beg, that was their planno. i never stood a chance.

but like i said, i was a long time person, full time, and they wanted me gone, so it happened. they know i can't fight them, i still have no job, so i can't afford a lawyer.

it stil hurts, that they would do me so dirty, after all the years i sacrificed for them coming in on days off, working two areas, only to be cast aside,when thy diddn't need me anymore.

i really think they are putting a bad word out on me too, because no body will hire me.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
Permalink   

Oh honey, you don't need any money for a lawyer! You call any lawyer and give them the details with all of your paper work and they will be drooling to sue Kroger...promise! I wanted to ask you though, are you only applying for jobs in grocery stores?



__________________
Quote from the Boss: I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
Permalink   

naw, been trying everywhere. I figuered out real quick, other grocery wouldn't touch me, either becuse they think it was a haacp log, and a food safty violation,which it wasn't or they are scared i'm pro union.walmart made it clear, they were scared i was pro union.

there just are not a lot of jobs where i am, and a lot of people out of work, so employers are very picky.

how would i go about getting a lawyer, tat i don't have to pay ? unless i win, of coarse



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

barada wrote:

naw, been trying everywhere. I figuered out real quick, other grocery wouldn't touch me, either becuse they think it was a haacp log, and a food safty violation,which it wasn't or they are scared i'm pro union.walmart made it clear, they were scared i was pro union.

there just are not a lot of jobs where i am, and a lot of people out of work, so employers are very picky.

how would i go about getting a lawyer, tat i don't have to pay ? unless i win, of coarse


 Start by checjing your local law firms; Oboro is right, any lawyer will at least listen to you for free--it's worth it to you to call.

 

Failing any action that way, ask some lawyers about any existing class action suits going on against Kroger--hell, you could probably find that out on line.

 

Either way, you can't lose by trying.~~~Oh: and if you get a shot at Wal-Mart, tell them EMPHATICALLY what you feel about Kroger's union....Good luck.

 



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

Why are you going to job interviews telling them how you got fired?  I would practice an approach around this.  Do you have any Lowe's or Home Depots in your area.

So anyway - what happened with the unemployment process



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:

Why are you going to job interviews telling them how you got fired?  I would practice an approach around this.  Do you have any Lowe's or Home Depots in your area.

So anyway - what happened with the unemployment process


 

 HAHAHAHA! Weren't you the very one who scolded him by saying it would take six weeks minimum?''

Hasn't been that yet,,,



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

barada wrote:

the union never went as far as arbitration. they dropped it, after the third step greivence, and a lot of stalling. 6 months worth. for sixx months they filled my head, with 'wer,e gonna get your job back with back pay", only to mail me a  letter, saying my greivence had been dropped, never even got to hear it from a person. 

____________________________________________________________

Does'nt it say up top that barada has been fighting this for 6 months.  The way I read it is that s/he has been out of a job for that long.



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
Permalink   

yeah, i been out of work, 7 months now.

well, with the unemployement, after the union sent their little letter, sasying they dropped my case, i filed for unempoyement. about two weeks later, i was notified, i was not  getting it do to "facts provided by last employer, that i could have prevented termination"so i filed a appeal, where yo have to wait for them to set up a meeting. they  never did, so i called them and they said they already had made a descion, against me. i never even got to have a real appeal ! I plan on reapplying.

yeh, i made the mistake of being honest, on my applications at this point, trying to prove my case, but it hasn't worked, so i'm going to start putting i quit kroger. hell, they arn't hiring me anyway, what are they going to do ?

it's just so weird, the whole deal seems unreal how could so much work against me, over so little ? every avenue i go down, i get blocked. it's really shot my nerves to hell. i dread even going to a job interveiw anymore, because i get as far as last job, and they loose interest. not like i got fired for stealing, or drugs, and stuff.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

ok now i get the full jist of it.  well damn... hang in there and soon you will be back in the game and laffing at all of it plus damn glad you are no longer at kroger.

as far as what to say at a job interview... just lie out your ass. tell them something like "i was offered a job working with my cousin with her firm but due to the economy and the timing of it all, it just didn't pan out.  so here I am looking for a job similar to my previous.  as you can see with my long tenure at kroger, i hope to provide you with my hard work for quite a long time as well."  so gloss over the reason you left kroger for they really can not call to verify the real reason i dont think.  all they can really get is the start and termination date; your position and pay.

i think that is correct - at least that is the way it is with most other companies.  where does kroger refer such phone calls to? anybody know.....



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
Permalink   

well, one thing going for me, is everybody who even knew who i was, is gone from my store, so there won't be anyone to contradict me.

just gotta start putting i quit on applications. i just hate lieing



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Here's a thought....

Come to work... do your job, go home.  Do this everyday, then you won't have to worry about getting fired, suspended or having to "fight the system" for your unemployment.

But few want to do that.. it is so much easier to complain about what you feel is coming to you.  You get out what you put in. 

Sorry that you got fired, but you should have initialed ALL the lines.. that was part of the job, afterall.  I'm betting is wasn't the FIRST incident, either. 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
Permalink   

no, it was the second, which should have been a write up, nothing more.

trustme, stay with kroger long enough, you will find doing your job, and going home, only works as long as they don't want you gone. i out lasted several "purges' that way, but eventually, you become a target, simply by being there too long.

i made a paper work error. peole make them everyday. it's why they make delete buttons, erasers and white out. my paper work error, they fired me for.

i can't feed my familey now, for a error. do you reraly think that is justified ?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

barada wrote:

no, it was the second, which should have been a write up, nothing more.

trustme, stay with kroger long enough, you will find doing your job, and going home, only works as long as they don't want you gone. i out lasted several "purges' that way, but eventually, you become a target, simply by being there too long.

i made a paper work error. peole make them everyday. it's why they make delete buttons, erasers and white out. my paper work error, they fired me for.

i can't feed my familey now, for a error. do you reraly think that is justified ?


 

 I've seen just what happened to you numerous times.....And yes, when a person knows they are under the gun, that stress alone can cause clerical errors----the fuel management needs and CREATES to walk you out the door.

Keep fighting!



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

KROGERS IS NOT A PLACE FOR A CAREER!!! THEY WILL FIND ANYTHING ANYTHING TO SUSPEND OR FIRE U!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEEES! SO IF U WORK FOR KROGERS GET OUT NOW DONT INVEST ANY TIME WITH THEM!!!!!



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard