Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: One of these days my big mouth is going to get me fired
Anonymous

Date:
One of these days my big mouth is going to get me fired
Permalink   


A woman came up to the bakery counter and wanted a cake written on.  She looked at the 1/4 sheet cakes for $15.99 and said Costco has cakes twice this size for this price.  I told her this isn't Costco.  Another time a guy came up and wanted to know if we were going to reduce the price on a pie because the crust was cracked.  I said, "No, it still tastes the same."  He didn't know what to think.



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:
Permalink   

your probably right, your mouth may get you fired! even though its not wrong to think the way you do towards silly comments that the customers say, you just cant say them out loud like that. but then again i could be wrong. we have the rudest lady in our deli dept, and she hasnt yet gotten fired.... good luck on that!!

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I'm the same way.  I can get pretty sarcastic with  stupid or nasty customers sometimes.  Probably not a good idea, but it's worth the risk. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

We all have to be very careful, tho. I've seen two cashier friends of mine fired in the past month, just for customers accusing them (no witnesses, mind you) of 'bad attitude'....

__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1286
Date:
Permalink   

nocturnia wrote:

We all have to be very careful, tho. I've seen two cashier friends of mine fired in the past month, just for customers accusing them (no witnesses, mind you) of 'bad attitude'....


 are you sure it was JUST for that?

a lot of times i feel like saying things with a little bit of a snip back to the lovely customers.  just yesterday, a young man wanted an 8 piece of fried chicken.  for a long time I never followed the Kroger rule of NO SUBTITUTION on pieces giving the customers the 4 legs instead of the wings if that is what they ask for & it will make them happy.  After all isn't it all about making them happy?

Well now that I am transfered and have a whole new staff and a new head manager + me, I have been told to set the example and follow the rules. Back to this guy. He of course wanted no wings and extra thighs or whatever.  I politely told him that there is no subtitutions and we offer it as a whole chicken.  He immediately said "well KFC allows subsitutions"  I was ready to shoot back with my snide comment but that little angel appeared on my shoulder and held me back.  What is happening to me!

Then last night between 8 pm and 9:30, all the sudden everybody decides it is time to go get deli meats!  This one guy I could tell was getting perturbed over the wait b/c we only had two people slicing and i was trying to clean the damn place up + our break rotation.  I was about ready and was thinking - "hey all you idiots, we are open 92 hours a week so you all don't have to come at 9 pm on a fu*ckin Sunday night for you bologna"  I held back again.



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:
nocturnia wrote:

We all have to be very careful, tho. I've seen two cashier friends of mine fired in the past month, just for customers accusing them (no witnesses, mind you) of 'bad attitude'....


 are you sure it was JUST for that?

a lot of times i feel like saying things with a little bit of a snip back to the lovely customers.  just yesterday, a young man wanted an 8 piece of fried chicken.  for a long time I never followed the Kroger rule of NO SUBTITUTION on pieces giving the customers the 4 legs instead of the wings if that is what they ask for & it will make them happy.  After all isn't it all about making them happy?

Well now that I am transfered and have a whole new staff and a new head manager + me, I have been told to set the example and follow the rules. Back to this guy. He of course wanted no wings and extra thighs or whatever.  I politely told him that there is no subtitutions and we offer it as a whole chicken.  He immediately said "well KFC allows subsitutions"  I was ready to shoot back with my snide comment but that little angel appeared on my shoulder and held me back.  What is happening to me!

Then last night between 8 pm and 9:30, all the sudden everybody decides it is time to go get deli meats!  This one guy I could tell was getting perturbed over the wait b/c we only had two people slicing and i was trying to clean the damn place up + our break rotation.  I was about ready and was thinking - "hey all you idiots, we are open 92 hours a week so you all don't have to come at 9 pm on a fu*ckin Sunday night for you bologna"  I held back again.


 Good point about your question, Dude---I wasn't a witness either, and it is fair to at least question what actually transpired between those cashiers and their customers.

Mostly, I based my words from two things: the fact that I knew both of those cashiers, had previously seen their work --- which was exemplary.....and what I know of Wal-Mart's (and most other retailer's) approach towards that almighty maxim, the pergatory in writing we all dwell beneath: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

All that said, I just find it kinda fking chilling...the idea that, on that basis alone of some asswhole's say so, someone could end up jobless.

 

After years of faithfully working for their employer. Yes....We all need to be careful~



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2793
Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:
nocturnia wrote:

We all have to be very careful, tho. I've seen two cashier friends of mine fired in the past month, just for customers accusing them (no witnesses, mind you) of 'bad attitude'....


 are you sure it was JUST for that?

a lot of times i feel like saying things with a little bit of a snip back to the lovely customers.  just yesterday, a young man wanted an 8 piece of fried chicken.  for a long time I never followed the Kroger rule of NO SUBTITUTION on pieces giving the customers the 4 legs instead of the wings if that is what they ask for & it will make them happy.  After all isn't it all about making them happy?

Well now that I am transfered and have a whole new staff and a new head manager + me, I have been told to set the example and follow the rules. Back to this guy. He of course wanted no wings and extra thighs or whatever.  I politely told him that there is no subtitutions and we offer it as a whole chicken.  He immediately said "well KFC allows subsitutions"  I was ready to shoot back with my snide comment but that little angel appeared on my shoulder and held me back.  What is happening to me!

Then last night between 8 pm and 9:30, all the sudden everybody decides it is time to go get deli meats!  This one guy I could tell was getting perturbed over the wait b/c we only had two people slicing and i was trying to clean the damn place up + our break rotation.  I was about ready and was thinking - "hey all you idiots, we are open 92 hours a week so you all don't have to come at 9 pm on a fu*ckin Sunday night for you bologna"  I held back again.


1) "well KFC allows subsitutions" I would have said "We're not KFC, sir"

2) "STORM THE DELI" wouldn't have made me mad just annoyed. I wouldn't have said anything.

I don't think i would have been rude during statement 1 even though it might seem that way. Everyone seems to think that just because someone else will do it means that we should too that's just simply not the case and I'd explain that to the customer. "Please. by all means have fun at KFC. I'm not gonna stop you."

Yep, my mouth will probably get me fired one day too.



__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I worked at a store in the inner city before it closed here in Indianapolis. One time in 2002-3 I was helping stock produce and two teenage african american girls walked by. One of them was eating something she has not paid for. She made eye contact with me and asked, "I can do this right"  I replied with, I dont think they serve holiday dinner in the Marion County Lockup.  Her friend laughed but she told me to f*** off.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I worked at a store in the inner city before it closed here in Indianapolis. One time in 2002-3 I was helping stock produce and two teenage african american girls walked by. One of them was eating something she has not paid for. She made eye contact with me and asked, "I can do this right"  I replied with, I dont think they serve holiday dinner in the Marion County Lockup.  Her friend laughed but she told me to f*** off.


 I would have replied with "as long as you pay for it before you leave the store."



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Date:
Permalink   

I have been trying to watch my mouth with the customers recently. So far, I found that the best thing to do when they start mouthing off, is to not say another word to them, not make eye contact, instead page a supervisor over the intercom and let them deal with all that nastiness.

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard