Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Trash take out times!


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 540
Date:
Trash take out times!
Permalink   


Came into work today after two days in a row off.  When I went to take out the trash the dumpster door was locked.  The letter posted on it stated that due to a company wide trash study and shrrink issues trash may only be taken out at certain times.

If it needs taken out at different times a member of management must be contacted.  This is a damned pain in the ass. 

Anyone else out there have anything like this going on?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Yep! Depending on which assman or assmare is on duty, that dumpster door stays locked. We have a key hidden in the claims area, but it's still a biotch to have to go and fetch it and unlock that stupid door~

__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Date:
Permalink   

Our store management used to do the same thing. We would have to go get the key from them. The lock was finally taken off when enough complaints were heard.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:
Permalink   

people were getting into the trash. (our store is across from the projects). and some people were hanging out there, which made management nervous about theft. i never saw any of this but they probably dont trust us employees. i would be nice to just have the key on the inside by the door to unlock the door, but that is too much coomon sense for kroger. managment likes to have the key, just another source of power. HAVING A KEY IN YOUR POSSESSION.

__________________

tapatio doritos are the best.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

krogerman77 wrote:

Came into work today after two days in a row off.  When I went to take out the trash the dumpster door was locked.  The letter posted on it stated that due to a company wide trash study and shrrink issues trash may only be taken out at certain times.

If it needs taken out at different times a member of management must be contacted.  This is a damned pain in the ass. 

Anyone else out there have anything like this going on?


 about 2 weeks back, corporate loss preventions did a study.  they randomly chose four stores in the cincinnati district and asked the trash company to take those particular store's dumpster to the landfill where they would meet them there.  they unloaded the contents of the dumpster and then explored through it to see what kind of crap was in there.  it was amazing to see what they found!  all of it was videotaped and edited to show management and staff back at the stores.  go ask about this if you are interested b/c i got a hunch that this is why your door is now locked.

bottom line is - they realized that each store is throwing away a huge amount of money per month. cardboard boxes that can be recycled and made money on but instead we're paying the dump to haul off so now it is a double loss / night shift tossing whole boxes of product down the dumpster for whatever reason / produce tosses perfectly good watermelons away / a whole crate of premium $8 syrup tossed just because one bottle broke and messed up the other bottles.  its mindboggling and a pretty convincing video. 

 unfortunately Kroger hires a bunch of idiots who don't give a crap.  it isn't their company. they were hired in to do a job and in return they get a paycheck for it.  the job has guidelines that need to be followed.  some of these are just natural ethical / moral ones that we should all know and follow while others we got training on.  for example - not using cell phones or listening to music with ear buds is just PLAIN COMMON SENSE to all.  Most older adults understand these things as well as the more mature younger generation but a few stupid kids think they are 'entitled' with special privledges and can do whatever they feel like.  ITS WORK! NOT ROMPER ROOM. Card board goes into the bailer!  Why? Because we have a recycling program where we get a kickback for it.  Money is good.  Do you take your paycheck and light it on fire? NO - of course not.  Product goes onto the shelf!  Why? Because is was purchased for from a purveyer and now we need to recoop it's cost and then some to take care of our expenses.  Do you go buy a gallon of milk and then pour it down the drain?  NO.



-- Edited by thedude on Saturday 6th of August 2011 04:51:54 AM

__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 488
Date:
Permalink   

i used to be amazed, when people would throw metal displays and such in the dumpster. not only does is jam up the dumpster, but metal brings good money, if you take it in for scap, a dollar per 10 pounds, on adverage.. free money.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:
Permalink   

our metal displays are sitting in the back outside rusting. i wish i could take them for scrap. but i know if i mentioned it. then the manager will have someone else take it.

 

this section is for thedude.

i caught your reply about music players. and my reply is that they have never caused problems and my 2 managers both said it was okay (store and department) but that krogers higher up sent this out but they said i was fine still using a ipod. i dont think i should have special priveliges but, i and many others feel that we work better and faster and all around have a better attitude. were are not using it when customers are present(3rd) or if we are outside pushing carts.

 



__________________

tapatio doritos are the best.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

MadMan_Mundt wrote:

this section is for thedude.

i caught your reply about music players. and my reply is that they have never caused problems and my 2 managers both said it was okay (store and department) but that krogers higher up sent this out but they said i was fine still using a ipod. i dont think i should have special priveliges but, i and many others feel that we work better and faster and all around have a better attitude. were are not using it when customers are present(3rd) or if we are outside pushing carts.

 


page 13 of employee hand book reads...

"personal cell phones; i-pods and pagers are not to be kept at your work stations or on your person during your work shift"

remember reading that; agreeing to it and then signing off on it when Kroger hired you?

thats the rules.

now granted, we all carry cells and you are on the night shift w/o customers there.  but why do you think this rule is in effect?  can you come up with 3 good reasons.



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

i use a ipod all the time. why are people *******s on this subject.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Many of the baggers spent most of their outside cart time on the cell phone, did little.  Some would use the excuse they were just checking the time. At night they would hide in the cart corrals or behind cars and text. One was hit by a car with an mp3 player in his ear.  I have seen baggers and cashiers text while on the front.  This is very rude, even if there are no customers. If I were a customer and saw this, I would think the store is lax. It is not necessary to rat on a fellow employees that is not following the rules on anything. There are cameras everywhere. You want your job, better follow the rules. I also don't like all the rules either, but  I need a paycheck.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2858
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Many of the baggers spent most of their outside cart time on the cell phone, did little.  Some would use the excuse they were just checking the time. At night they would hide in the cart corrals or behind cars and text. One was hit by a car with an mp3 player in his ear.  I have seen baggers and cashiers text while on the front.  This is very rude, even if there are no customers. If I were a customer and saw this, I would think the store is lax. It is not necessary to rat on a fellow employees that is not following the rules on anything. There are cameras everywhere. You want your job, better follow the rules. I also don't like all the rules either, but  I need a paycheck.


 can you say 100% that even if the guy didn't have earbuds in he wouldn't have been hit by that car? no? didn't think so.



__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

BagBoy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Many of the baggers spent most of their outside cart time on the cell phone, did little.  Some would use the excuse they were just checking the time. At night they would hide in the cart corrals or behind cars and text. One was hit by a car with an mp3 player in his ear.  I have seen baggers and cashiers text while on the front.  This is very rude, even if there are no customers. If I were a customer and saw this, I would think the store is lax. It is not necessary to rat on a fellow employees that is not following the rules on anything. There are cameras everywhere. You want your job, better follow the rules. I also don't like all the rules either, but  I need a paycheck.


 can you say 100% that even if the guy didn't have earbuds in he wouldn't have been hit by that car? no? didn't think so.


 Wearing earbuds while in the lot is nuts. Do you realize how many people speed in the lot, not to mention customers that can't see, on their own cell phones, in a hurry?  A bagger with ear buds can become distracted, forget what they are doing and walk into something. If one bagger is seriously hurt or killed, don't you think the insurance company, the parents, would be all over Kroger for not having a policy in place for minors? Most baggers are minors in my area.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yeah cars are so quiet now. You need every bit of your ear to hear them even without buds. Terrible mistake to be listening to IPod while in the lot when you don't know which cars engines are on. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2858
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

BagBoy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Many of the baggers spent most of their outside cart time on the cell phone, did little.  Some would use the excuse they were just checking the time. At night they would hide in the cart corrals or behind cars and text. One was hit by a car with an mp3 player in his ear.  I have seen baggers and cashiers text while on the front.  This is very rude, even if there are no customers. If I were a customer and saw this, I would think the store is lax. It is not necessary to rat on a fellow employees that is not following the rules on anything. There are cameras everywhere. You want your job, better follow the rules. I also don't like all the rules either, but  I need a paycheck.


 can you say 100% that even if the guy didn't have earbuds in he wouldn't have been hit by that car? no? didn't think so.


 Wearing earbuds while in the lot is nuts. Do you realize how many people speed in the lot, not to mention customers that can't see, on their own cell phones, in a hurry?  A bagger with ear buds can become distracted, forget what they are doing and walk into something. If one bagger is seriously hurt or killed, don't you think the insurance company, the parents, would be all over Kroger for not having a policy in place for minors? Most baggers are minors in my area.


 the earbuds are not at fault in this though. the fault lies with the distracted/irresponsible driver, for god sake.

just because grandma didn't cross at the crosswalk doesn't mean the driver of the car that hit her should get off scott free.



__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

BagBoy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

BagBoy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Many of the baggers spent most of their outside cart time on the cell phone, did little.  Some would use the excuse they were just checking the time. At night they would hide in the cart corrals or behind cars and text. One was hit by a car with an mp3 player in his ear.  I have seen baggers and cashiers text while on the front.  This is very rude, even if there are no customers. If I were a customer and saw this, I would think the store is lax. It is not necessary to rat on a fellow employees that is not following the rules on anything. There are cameras everywhere. You want your job, better follow the rules. I also don't like all the rules either, but  I need a paycheck.


 can you say 100% that even if the guy didn't have earbuds in he wouldn't have been hit by that car? no? didn't think so.


 Wearing earbuds while in the lot is nuts. Do you realize how many people speed in the lot, not to mention customers that can't see, on their own cell phones, in a hurry?  A bagger with ear buds can become distracted, forget what they are doing and walk into something. If one bagger is seriously hurt or killed, don't you think the insurance company, the parents, would be all over Kroger for not having a policy in place for minors? Most baggers are minors in my area.


 the earbuds are not at fault in this though. the fault lies with the distracted/irresponsible driver, for god sake.

just because grandma didn't cross at the crosswalk doesn't mean the driver of the car that hit her should get off scott free.


 Sounds like someone here is a young employee trying to justify their behavior.  Of course drivers, customers, should be careful. But we cannot control them, do not have the ability to direct them as they drive. The employee is being paid to do a job, not be a traffic hazard. All that safety training concerning picking up things, lifting boxes, operating pallet jacks is the same as parking lot safety. Avoiding hazards.  The young, sometimes  immature employee looks at situations thru their perspective. They don't see the business side of things. Kroger is trying to elimanate a potential hazard. I don't see Target, Walmart, Meijers employees with earbuds. Never. Meijer will fire you.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:
Permalink   

this is bs
i will continue to listen to my ipod. if i get hit by a car so be it. i wont get hit by my own fault there are plenty of *******s who think they dont need to stop or can drive 40 through the parking lot. and they almost hit me. because they werent paying attention to a pedestrian walking area. then they get angry call and compplain about earbuds. even though it was there fault. todays drivers are dumb. heres the kicker, i see more people over 30 driving like idiots then younnger drivers.

__________________

tapatio doritos are the best.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

MadMan_Mundt wrote:

this is bs
i will continue to listen to my ipod. if i get hit by a car so be it. i wont get hit by my own fault there are plenty of *******s who think they dont need to stop or can drive 40 through the parking lot. and they almost hit me. because they werent paying attention to a pedestrian walking area. then they get angry call and compplain about earbuds. even though it was there fault. todays drivers are dumb. heres the kicker, i see more people over 30 driving like idiots then younnger drivers.


 Go ahead and wear buds then.  But it is not bs.  I know of very few jobs if any where you can wear ear buds while on the clock. Unless it is a factory for noise protection.  Do you wear flip flops to work? Cut deli meat without washing your hands? I could go on but some people don't get it.  They take the easy way out to satisfy their flawed logic. May be you will get away with the buds without any boss seeing or caring. Those newer small electric sound less cars won't hurt much when they hit you .



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2858
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
BagBoy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

BagBoy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Many of the baggers spent most of their outside cart time on the cell phone, did little.  Some would use the excuse they were just checking the time. At night they would hide in the cart corrals or behind cars and text. One was hit by a car with an mp3 player in his ear.  I have seen baggers and cashiers text while on the front.  This is very rude, even if there are no customers. If I were a customer and saw this, I would think the store is lax. It is not necessary to rat on a fellow employees that is not following the rules on anything. There are cameras everywhere. You want your job, better follow the rules. I also don't like all the rules either, but  I need a paycheck.


 can you say 100% that even if the guy didn't have earbuds in he wouldn't have been hit by that car? no? didn't think so.


 Wearing earbuds while in the lot is nuts. Do you realize how many people speed in the lot, not to mention customers that can't see, on their own cell phones, in a hurry?  A bagger with ear buds can become distracted, forget what they are doing and walk into something. If one bagger is seriously hurt or killed, don't you think the insurance company, the parents, would be all over Kroger for not having a policy in place for minors? Most baggers are minors in my area.


 the earbuds are not at fault in this though. the fault lies with the distracted/irresponsible driver, for god sake.

just because grandma didn't cross at the crosswalk doesn't mean the driver of the car that hit her should get off scott free.


 Sounds like someone here is a young employee trying to justify their behavior.  Of course drivers, customers, should be careful. But we cannot control them, do not have the ability to direct them as they drive. The employee is being paid to do a job, not be a traffic hazard. All that safety training concerning picking up things, lifting boxes, operating pallet jacks is the same as parking lot safety. Avoiding hazards.  The young, sometimes  immature employee looks at situations thru their perspective. They don't see the business side of things. Kroger is trying to elimanate a potential hazard. I don't see Target, Walmart, Meijers employees with earbuds. Never. Meijer will fire you.


keyword in your statement? POTENTIAL. just because something has the potential to be hazardious doesn't mean that it's bad. Weapons are hazardous but we still have them.

You're failing to see my point so i'll try and make it as clear as I can... You say we're paid not to be a traffic hazard... anyone outside is a hazard. EVERYONE. Earbuds or not. What's going to happen is going to happen. Regardless of circumstances. You're trying to make this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.... just like violent video games cause people to kill and be more violent. Making these connections are all in your head. Idiots get hit by idiots driving cars. It's unavoidable.

Stop over thinking it.



__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Ear buds are a big deal in my store. Management has stopped the baggers and night crew from wearing them. Potential hazard or not, a hazard is a hazard.  Wear them on your breaks or lunch. If you don't understand a company's point of few on this, I consider that you are an immature employee.  Just my opinion. I don't support the company too many times on an issue,  but this one I do. If you haven't got it by now, you never will. Want to put your job or body in jeopardy? Go right ahead. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:
Permalink   

i will put my job in jeopardy. if i get fired. i know that someday the hammer will be brought on my manager. or what i would like to think is karma.
wear earbuds and screw these older people on here. they are just grumpy cause they are constipated.

__________________

tapatio doritos are the best.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:
Permalink   

Wow, this thread REALLY got off topic in a hurry.

As for the original issue, found out tonight that we are going to the predesignated time to take out trash.  Talking to a senior employee, its nothing new and was done in the past.  Departments such as meat, produce, and deli shouldn't have as much trouble as the front end.  Its usually 10 at night before our store starts trash because its so busy up until then.

Earbuds: I don't wear them but I do have an iPod.  The store I work at is in a shopping plaza with KMart, Little Caesars, Family Dollar, Blockbuster, and McDonalds.  Needless to say, its pretty busy.  Anybody who would listen to a MP3 player while getting carts probably deserves to get hit.  Sorry for being so harsh but its the truth.

Now here is where I am for iPods, if you work in a department where there is a radio and auxilary hookups.  I work in the meat department and will listen to my iPod while cleaning up.  I've had a manager complain about having the music up too loud and drowning out the intercom.  My answer is "The hose drowns out the intercom, the music drowns out the hose".  In this case you're not putting your well being at risk and drowning out the crappy Northwest Cherries commercial that comes on every 30 seconds.

To me its a fringe benefit, kinda like working anywhere but the front end where you can go to break pretty much whenever you want.



__________________
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:
Permalink   

northwest cherries are so ****ing expensive its not funny.

__________________

tapatio doritos are the best.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:
Permalink   

Off topic indeed.

I agree that ipods on the sales floor is wrong. Ipods in the parking lot is just stupid.. But ipods overnight with no customers around while you are indoors stocking? Name me three things wrong with that.

__________________
Anon E. Moose

Date:
Permalink   

I just have to hit up the issue with the ipods. Not to be too rude or anything but I do believe that anything along the lines of ipods, cell phones, pagers, etc and so on show a remarkable display of unprofessionalism in the work place. Since I work on the front end I'll hit up my thoughts on that first of all...

 

Unless you're off the clock there is no convincing arguement as to why you should be using ipods / cell phones. It's disrespectful to the customers, your fellow co-workers and once again, bad professionalism. It shouldn't matter if there are customers around you or not because while you are on the clock you are actively being paid for doing a job. And nowhere does it state that part of your job includes listening to music or texting friends, or anything of the kind. I can understand that it might make your day better, get you through it faster, put you in a better mood, but that isn't what you should rely on to do that. You should rely on simply working hard towards a goal while you're on the clock to do that.  Now I'll fully admit that I never really got into the entire ipod / cell phone craze but that doesn't subtract from the fact of the matter. Using cell phones / ipods at work should simply not be tolerated.

 

And even though I've never worked in any other department, I'm still going to voice my opinion concerning the use of such things in those departments. See above. It's just that simple. And as far as third shift goes. Yeah, I both see and understand your point about no customers being around but you're still not being paid to jam out to your music or text your friends. If anything that'll simply make you do a poor job by taking away from your concentration and show very bad work ethnic.

 

So yeah. Sorry that I just don't see any reason that could validate using ipods, cell phones, etc, while on the clock. We all know Kroger isn't perfect, but they're still the ones putting money in our wallet. And those who listen to ipods / cell phones are simply stealing that money. It's as bad as out right theft in my eyes.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2858
Date:
Permalink   

Anon E. Moose wrote:

I just have to hit up the issue with the ipods. Not to be too rude or anything but I do believe that anything along the lines of ipods, cell phones, pagers, etc and so on show a remarkable display of unprofessionalism in the work place. Since I work on the front end I'll hit up my thoughts on that first of all...

 

Unless you're off the clock there is no convincing arguement as to why you should be using ipods / cell phones. It's disrespectful to the customers, your fellow co-workers and once again, bad professionalism. It shouldn't matter if there are customers around you or not because while you are on the clock you are actively being paid for doing a job. And nowhere does it state that part of your job includes listening to music or texting friends, or anything of the kind. I can understand that it might make your day better, get you through it faster, put you in a better mood, but that isn't what you should rely on to do that. You should rely on simply working hard towards a goal while you're on the clock to do that.  Now I'll fully admit that I never really got into the entire ipod / cell phone craze but that doesn't subtract from the fact of the matter. Using cell phones / ipods at work should simply not be tolerated.

 

And even though I've never worked in any other department, I'm still going to voice my opinion concerning the use of such things in those departments. See above. It's just that simple. And as far as third shift goes. Yeah, I both see and understand your point about no customers being around but you're still not being paid to jam out to your music or text your friends. If anything that'll simply make you do a poor job by taking away from your concentration and show very bad work ethnic.

 

So yeah. Sorry that I just don't see any reason that could validate using ipods, cell phones, etc, while on the clock. We all know Kroger isn't perfect, but they're still the ones putting money in our wallet. And those who listen to ipods / cell phones are simply stealing that money. It's as bad as out right theft in my eyes.


 you seem to be under the impression that listening to music lowers your performance in the workplace, but did you take a second to realize that there is already music playing when you're there? If i enjoyed kroger radio should I stop listening to it just because?

Unprofessional? Talk to me about professionalism when i'm a full-time employee. until then i'm going to do what it takes to get me through the day. If that includes listening to a little bit of music while out of the public eye what right do you have to protest?

Enjoying yourself while working isn't stealing from the wallets of the elite if you're actually doing your job.



__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

I dont think this thread got off topic at all! I posted the comment way up in it to Madman - why is this rule in effect? can you come up with 3 good reasons. Then boom.....

everyone started talking about safety! That was exactly what I was driving at. IT IS ****ING UNSAFE TO WEAR EARBUDS!

Bagboy--- man i'm a little disappointed in you on this one. sure - ol' granny is out there driving around the parking lot like a nut. But a cart corral person who isn't cranking up "I'm the One or Super Bass" on their Ipod is a little more observant of what is going on around him.

(wow- after a week on vacation i'm in one hell of a funk)

__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2858
Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:

I dont think this thread got off topic at all! I posted the comment way up in it to Madman - why is this rule in effect? can you come up with 3 good reasons. Then boom.....

everyone started talking about safety! That was exactly what I was driving at. IT IS ****ING UNSAFE TO WEAR EARBUDS!

Bagboy--- man i'm a little disappointed in you on this one. sure - ol' granny is out there driving around the parking lot like a nut. But a cart corral person who isn't cranking up "I'm the One or Super Bass" on their Ipod is a little more observant of what is going on around him.

(wow- after a week on vacation i'm in one hell of a funk)


 I like my mp3 player. It's one of the only things that has kept me sane for the last year.

So I defend it. >_>



__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

LOL.  Good enuff.  just remember wut ur mama use to say....

'be sure to look both ways twice when crossing the street'



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Drew P Weiner wrote:

Wow, this thread REALLY got off topic in a hurry.

As for the original issue, found out tonight that we are going to the predesignated time to take out trash.  Talking to a senior employee, its nothing new and was done in the past.  Departments such as meat, produce, and deli shouldn't have as much trouble as the front end.  Its usually 10 at night before our store starts trash because its so busy up until then.

Earbuds: I don't wear them but I do have an iPod.  The store I work at is in a shopping plaza with KMart, Little Caesars, Family Dollar, Blockbuster, and McDonalds.  Needless to say, its pretty busy.  Anybody who would listen to a MP3 player while getting carts probably deserves to get hit.  Sorry for being so harsh but its the truth.

Now here is where I am for iPods, if you work in a department where there is a radio and auxilary hookups.  I work in the meat department and will listen to my iPod while cleaning up.  I've had a manager complain about having the music up too loud and drowning out the intercom.  My answer is "The hose drowns out the intercom, the music drowns out the hose".  In this case you're not putting your well being at risk and drowning out the crappy Northwest Cherries commercial that comes on every 30 seconds.

To me its a fringe benefit, kinda like working anywhere but the front end where you can go to break pretty much whenever you want.


 Personally, I don't need an IPod to drown out the intercom. A hose will do it, but so will the fans in the coolers, freezers, and bunkers. The sound of power jacks, truck engines, compactors, and the act of simply walking outisde will drown it out (Of course, if they ever put speakers on the outside of the buildings...would love to see them spend money on that...imagine an outside speaker, and a voice thunders, "You...the bagger outside at the far end of the parking lot that we've been paging and looking for for ten minutes...get in here! The lines are getting too long again!!!" Or "The bottle machine is going off!!!") You can't even hear it in some restrooms. People just don't realize how noisy a place Kroger can be sometimes...In my case, I personally don't need an IPod to drown out the music when all these other things do it for me. Maybe this wouldn't even be an issue if they upgraded the music a bit...they upgrade everything else...It seems as though there's always another new memo, procedure, video to watch, upcoming reset, Que Vision, new technology, etc. There's some new focus all the time. Changing the music on occasion would seem like small potatoes, but maybe not. At least, changing the commercials once in a while. If the radio was all you had to go on, you'd think the only item the store ever sells was Northwest Cherries (Seems like that ad is on all the time!!!)...What about advertising items that no one ever buys, so that at least you might be able to sell them, instead of marking them down, sending them back, or throwing them away? Or don't even get them in the first place, if you know they won't sell. But then again, there may be other issues involved here...

Basically, I'm just resigned to the fact that all common sense has gone out the window nowadays. It's just too much trouble to implement small, simple changes, when the complicated way of doing things seems so much better...confuse No one ever looks at the big picture, too much time is spent on pettiness and minor issues, and no one can see the forest for the trees...Where's the vision anymore?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

By the way, I have no problem taking the trash out with a member of management...You either take it out, or let it pile up in the backroom, until the whole place starts to smell...Now, finding a member of management to do a sanitation call sometimes (or wants to do one)...that's another story...



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Date:
Permalink   

Damn kroger is stupid if u have the sanataion worker call a code 10 thirty min before the end of there shift it would make the job a whole lot easier

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard