Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: EBT card = lobster and filet mignon


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 297
Date:
EBT card = lobster and filet mignon
Permalink   


while hardworking regular taxpaying folks like me survive off chicken breast and box rice. sickening



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Gotta be care with these kind of comments. Some of them get really pissy when you try to make a stand against the abuse that the system allows to go on. People who try to make it and barely get by.....cant get the help they deserve and the lazy trashy ass meth head pieces of **** where I come from act like they are Hollywood Royalty walkin their stankasses around filling their carts up with **** I can't afford and lookin down at people who are workin and bitchin because you are in their way.....I cant help it you and your fat assed friend are takin up all the room in the aisle......FML



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:
Permalink   

I have to agree its just sickening what they can get on EBT

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 170
Date:
Permalink   

EBT should be like WIC - you et a lists, but from it, and only from it. No chips, no soda, no fatty ****. You want that, you buy it.

__________________

My views don't reflect those of anyone, not even me. I may not have even made this statement. It's all lies, all of it!

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

management_drone wrote:

EBT should be like WIC - you et a lists, but from it, and only from it. No chips, no soda, no fatty ****. You want that, you buy it.


 Oh no but you can't do that.  They would cry racism and discrimination if you tried to do that. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

"EBT card = lobster and filet mignon "

It also means driving a Caddlic Escaliade or any expensive car or SUV.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Date:
Permalink   

Working the U/Scan one day, and after this woman finished her order and swiped her food stamp card, I noticed she had over $900 left on her balance. Watched her walk out to her GMC SUV (with her 4 kids) and load up the car. Pathetic :/

__________________
It's all about respect...


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:
Permalink   

EBT card = lobster and filet mignon

And with the rest of the money, they get beer and cigarettes






-- Edited by Cathy on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 08:16:06 PM

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:
Permalink   

I totally agree.  There should be a limit as to what you can buy with foodstamp cards.  I know here in Indiana some individuals can get cash from their Food Stamp card.  I can only imagine what they do w/ the $$ then.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 69
Date:
Permalink   

The people that doesn't deserve these benefits have no problem obtaining them, however the ones that are truely having a hard time cannot recieve these benefits because "they make too much"..

__________________

Right Store. Right Price.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

This lady that obviously has A LOT of "work" done, comes in always wearing D&G or Gucci with a Dooney or Coach purse and uses EBT. ****s cray.

I only see a few level headed EBT users. Occasionally I'll see the expensive steak and lobster folks, but most of em buy nothing but junk food. Me and my coworkers rage at this ****.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Cathy wrote:

EBT card = lobster and filet mignon

And with the rest of the money, they get beer and cigarettes






-- Edited by Cathy on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 08:16:06 PM


 See that crap every day. This problem is the elephant in the room, and it's not showing any signs of going away......But unless the whole program is seriously curtailed, this thing alone will eventually sink the country.



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Date:
Permalink   

Hers's a good one: EBT can be used to purchase the candy bar bouquets and fruit baskets that the floral dept. makes. We are told to be sure to use the code that will allow customers to purchase their items with EBT. One year, we were to actually sticker the items with the day-glo stickers drawing attention to that fact (I refused). This is within EBT guidelines, but the purchase price for these items is about half labor cost and non-edible hardgoods. These are gift items. The government should go back to issuing commodities- cheese, milk, etc. and a voucher for fresh vegetables and meats.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

citing minorities for welfare is like chasing TANG drinkers these days: it's not just for breakfast any more. Lots of white trash taking advantage of it too.

Let's at least mandate urine drug testing / photo id ing for the recipients? PLEEEEASE and thank you with a government paid $10. a day and a bologna samich, same as you'd get for testifying in a court of law.

__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:
Permalink   

Commodities sounds like the way to go with this program (a no-nonsense and inexpensive way to be sure that kids get what they need to eat).

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I have EBT and i only use it for the bare essentials, I'd rather have a shelf stocked with non parishable healthy food in case of emergancies rather than a night of steak and lobster. It really gets under my skin when i see people getting expensive commoditie food and/or just buying up an entire stocks worth of pot noodles and canned ravioli.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:
Permalink   

I just submitted my idea to WHAT WOULD YOU DO.............. contest for this very reason. What if the lady comes through with EBT card, coach purse and Hummer car keys, buys 700.00 worth of lobster, steak and beer. The cashier starts to complain about it and then the customer asks the customer in line for $1.00 to pay for the balance of their beer........... ahhah.. what would YOU do?? LOL

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

There is a sticker on our baskets that say ring as floral if it doesn't scan i hit the floral button i wish i would please not on my watch 
flower child wrote:

Hers's a good one: EBT can be used to purchase the candy bar bouquets and fruit baskets that the floral dept. makes. We are told to be sure to use the code that will allow customers to purchase their items with EBT. One year, we were to actually sticker the items with the day-glo stickers drawing attention to that fact (I refused). This is within EBT guidelines, but the purchase price for these items is about half labor cost and non-edible hardgoods. These are gift items. The government should go back to issuing commodities- cheese, milk, etc. and a voucher for fresh vegetables and meats.


 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

As a long time employee and store management I have had people that work full time for me and get $800 in assistantance for food along with rent assistance. This couple (both my employees ) also both drove brand new, high ticket automobiles. America should be ashamed; I know I am



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

As a cashier I've certainly seen a few buying steak and crab legs but the vast majority are buying essentials and loading up on the manager specials to stretch their benefit dollar.  

It bothers me nearly all uniform coworkers I've rung up have used EBT cards. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I don't know what state you are in..................... but I've been seeing this pattern even back in the day when you had a coupon book... and everyone KNEW you were using FOOD STAMPS................

Why did we feel it necessary to "de-stigmatize" food stamps by giving people a credit card..............??? There SHOULD be some shame involved in the fact that you won't get off your @ss and get a job!

 

I WANT that person to have to rip out little paper coupons in line so everyone can see how they are using MY tax money to buy lobster and then paying cash for their beer and cigarettes!!

 

I'm fed up                          !!!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:
Permalink   

If we could use the bar-coding system to limit purchases that are made with EBT cards, then we could eliminate most if not all the wasteful spending. I know that it can be done because just as the system knows that beer is not foodstampable, it can also be programmed to know that lobster is not foodstampable and gift baskets are not foodstampable.

Why can't an EBT card be limited in some of the same ways as a WIC card would be?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:
Permalink   

I couldn't agree more. On WIC you are only allowed to buy certain HEALTHY items. I'm not saying you can never have soda or chips, but Filet Mignon, ribeyes, Lobster, shrimp is not something CHILDREN eat, now is it??? I also think you should have to purchase STORE brands instead of name brands. I'm sure the grocery stores would love that. Maybe if they realize it will put $ in their pocket they might send a lobbyist to washington to get it done.!

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:
Permalink   

I may have posted this before but, I honestly don't think Kroger really cares what the EBT shoppers buy each month. As long as the $$ is spent @ Kroger, they are content.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1650
Date:
Permalink   

Cathy wrote:

If we could use the bar-coding system to limit purchases that are made with EBT cards, then we could eliminate most if not all the wasteful spending. I know that it can be done because just as the system knows that beer is not foodstampable, it can also be programmed to know that lobster is not foodstampable and gift baskets are not foodstampable.

Why can't an EBT card be limited in some of the same ways as a WIC card would be?


You're totally right. I've even taken a few of the "grey area" items off of the EBT list. It's just a yes/no toggle that is set for each individual upc, just like the yes/no for wic, fuel points, etc. Anyone in your store with SPA access in the ISP, or access to data maintenence in the ACE computer, can make changes.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3327
Date:
Permalink   

EBT spending = more sales for Kroger = my departments profits going up = us not getting in trouble. :)

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:
Permalink   

How is that possible for management to deny certain upc's for food stamp holders. Surely someone must have complained by now??



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 982
Date:
Permalink   

Its actually quite simple and its already built into the system. If you go into space and edit in one line it says something like "food stamps" and its always on "Y" for that item that is food, but they could simply put "N". The same for people getting stuff out of the service case too. We have a 2 PLU system for meats. example "9564" is Boneless Angus Ribeye from the service case. "9561" is for the regular counter.

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Date:
Permalink   

It's good that you can do that, but it should be across the board, Kroger, Walmart, ALDI'S, any business that sells food... only then will abuse of the system completely stop.

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Date:
Permalink   

I know the way the system works with the UPC's etc, but if a person wanted to buy lobster and the register doesn't allow it, they would scream bloody murder.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1650
Date:
Permalink   

And they do that when they come into our store and try to buy a monster or red bull and it's not covered by ebt. We tell them that's the way it's been for a while and none of the energy drinks are covered. And they do occasionally walk out mad. And we forget about them before they hit the sidewalk.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 982
Date:
Permalink   

Thats why there would need to be a government program telling them what goods can and cannot to be bought. Hell, I would still allow customers to have select beef.

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I am on social security disability and food stamps. I hate it. Its degrading and embarrassing. So yes I am getting assistance, and yes hard working people are helping my family eat and survive. Yes people abuse the system. No I am not one of them. When I was 12 my dad loaned me $50 to buy a lawn mower and start earning my own money. I did this every summer till I turned 15yrs old I worked under the table washing dishes on the weekends and 2 nights a week. When I turned 16 I started working almost full time 4pm-10pm 3 nights a week, and 11am-11pm Fri-Sunday. I had to mantain a B average in school otherwise I would have to quit or reduce my work load. When I graduated I went to trade school where I became a mechanic. I worked 6 days a week as a mechanic for a local Chevrolet dealership 7am-7pm M-F and 7am-2pm Sat. I then did work on the side Saturday afternoons and Sunday. My father taught me to always be honest and work hard for what you want. While jogging early one morning I was hit by a car. I broke both my legs ruptured 3 disc in my back. I was knocked unconscience and nobody saw the car. I have had 7 surgeries to repair the damage, but I am no longer able to do my job. The enconomy hit rock bottom and I spent the past 5 years living on my savings and withdrawing my entire 401K. I have 4 children and this past summer discovered my wife has been having an affair and left us. I own my home and my 14yr old van. So this past December I applied for assistance for the first time. I get 358 dollars a month in food stamps for the 5 of us. I get 1236 dollars a month in SSD payments. Not all of us EBT users buy lobster and porterhouse steaks. This weekend I bought 4 gallons of water 3 tubes of hamburger meat frozen chicken off brand foods and snacks for my 4 boys and other canned items. When I buy coffee or candy bars I use my bank acct because I don't want to waste my ebt funds. I know this is long winded and full of grammatical errors so please forgive me. I just wanted you to know that nobody is more ashamed then I for having to be a welfare case. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 982
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I am on social security disability and food stamps. I hate it. Its degrading and embarrassing. So yes I am getting assistance, and yes hard working people are helping my family eat and survive. Yes people abuse the system. No I am not one of them. When I was 12 my dad loaned me $50 to buy a lawn mower and start earning my own money. I did this every summer till I turned 15yrs old I worked under the table washing dishes on the weekends and 2 nights a week. When I turned 16 I started working almost full time 4pm-10pm 3 nights a week, and 11am-11pm Fri-Sunday. I had to mantain a B average in school otherwise I would have to quit or reduce my work load. When I graduated I went to trade school where I became a mechanic. I worked 6 days a week as a mechanic for a local Chevrolet dealership 7am-7pm M-F and 7am-2pm Sat. I then did work on the side Saturday afternoons and Sunday. My father taught me to always be honest and work hard for what you want. While jogging early one morning I was hit by a car. I broke both my legs ruptured 3 disc in my back. I was knocked unconscience and nobody saw the car. I have had 7 surgeries to repair the damage, but I am no longer able to do my job. The enconomy hit rock bottom and I spent the past 5 years living on my savings and withdrawing my entire 401K. I have 4 children and this past summer discovered my wife has been having an affair and left us. I own my home and my 14yr old van. So this past December I applied for assistance for the first time. I get 358 dollars a month in food stamps for the 5 of us. I get 1236 dollars a month in SSD payments. Not all of us EBT users buy lobster and porterhouse steaks. This weekend I bought 4 gallons of water 3 tubes of hamburger meat frozen chicken off brand foods and snacks for my 4 boys and other canned items. When I buy coffee or candy bars I use my bank acct because I don't want to waste my ebt funds. I know this is long winded and full of grammatical errors so please forgive me. I just wanted you to know that nobody is more ashamed then I for having to be a welfare case. 


 You're not the typical case in terms of collecting food stamps and insurance, which I have no problems using my taxes on you. Thats sad your wife cheated on you in a time where you needed her the most.



__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:
Permalink   

Hi.Thanks for sharing.Nothing fuels the fire of welfare opponents like evidence of systemic welfare card distributions at strip clubs, pubs and casinos. They have been discovered through the years and the problem hasn't abated. A payday loan can help you pay for your expenses rather than going on welfare.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yes it's our tax money that pays for that but we can't do anything about it so quite blowing smoke up your A.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

It's ain't nobody's business I feel... Who is ANYONE to say what ppl can or can't eat??? the worlds problem is everybody is worried bout what the next person(s) are doing. Mind your own business and worry bout u and yours... ppl need to worry bout there tax money helping out these schools and programs for kids instead of worrying bout what kind of food ppl eat... Grow the **** up...



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

It's ain't nobody's business I feel... Who is ANYONE to say what ppl can or can't eat??? the worlds problem is everybody is worried bout what the next person(s) are doing. Mind your own business and worry bout u and yours... ppl need to worry bout there tax money helping out these schools and programs for kids instead of worrying bout what kind of food ppl eat... Grow the **** up...


 If it's my tax money you bet your ass it's my business. How do you think I feel when someone who isn't working is eating better food than me?



__________________
Just one more box


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3327
Date:
Permalink   

The way I look at it is, the people buying the lobsters and stuff, they're budgeting the money given to them too. If they run out in the middle of the month, thats what happens when you poorly budget. Same goes for you. You COULD buy lobster if you wanted to as well. You just budget your food money better.

They might buy lobster one day but then they won't eat the next day. that's all i mean.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1650
Date:
Permalink   

4hourrush wrote:

The way I look at it is, the people buying the lobsters and stuff, they're budgeting the money given to them too. If they run out in the middle of the month, thats what happens when you poorly budget. Same goes for you. You COULD buy lobster if you wanted to as well. You just budget your food money better.

They might buy lobster one day but then they won't eat the next day. that's all i mean.


 I see your logic, but to me that means that since they're gonna find money for food once they squander their benefits anyways, if they could afford to use them on lobster, they didn't need them to begin with.



__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard