Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Why is Kroger being forced to hire special needs people?
Anonymous

Date:
Why is Kroger being forced to hire special needs people?
Permalink   


Do those people have to go thru the same application process as the rest of us? Here in my area a company called Just People supplies a lot of them to local grocery stores (including Publix.)



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Believe me, they're not being forced to (tho some managers would have you think that). In many states there are great economic incentives to 'hire' retarded persons.

Btw, corporate believes all of you are Special Needs --- you just can't be legally classified that way and save them the same kind of money.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Whats the problem hiring special needs people? Would you rather them not have jobs or be able to make any money other than disability from he government(which doesnt allow you to save money btw like you're pretty much dependent on them for money under that) I say if Kroger will hire them and they can do the job, who cares? Why is that a problem? They're people and need money like you, they just need a little more assistance than you might, thats not a bad thing. Everyone is different, its how the world is. Id rather give people with disabilities a chance than not, I dont know why everyone doesnt feel the same, tbh its kinda horrible to look down on them. They cannot help how they were born, so why have a problem? Makes zero sense. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I won't be the last person to say it's frustrating at times, but you just gotta deal with it and get through the day. All the ones I've met are nice, even if they aren't geniuses at bagging groceries for strangers.

If dealing with them is that bad, move out of the front end and to a more challenging department. Sharing your job with special needs people is part of what you accepted when you decided to be a cashier forever. So deal with it.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

We've received a few customer comments through the survey made out to be dissatisfied or worse only due to "special needs cashier or bagger". Once I heard my store manager on a conference call and he was being asked about why we had three highly dissatisfied comments about 'x bagger' in one day and why we haven't fired that person, then when he informed everyone on the call that the person was special needs you could have heard a mouse fart over the line. But it still makes the scores look bad, but the company doesn't want to look bad by discriminating against these types of people. The best thing to do is to schedule them during non-peak hours and to have them do jobs with limited involvement in the public like pulling carts or sweeping. In another way, I think the company likes having these special needs people because if you put them as cashiers and baggers, more customers will go to uscan because, as one customer once told me, "That retard cashier woman is so damn slow". That's Kroger's ultimate goal anyway, to move to 100% self-service checkout, and by having mentally handicapped cashiers and baggers, you'll achieve that goal quicker because people don't want to deal with those types generally. Also why you see older women on registers; slower, so customers will be more motivated to use USCAN.

Also, of course, tax breaks for hiring protected groups of people like minorities, veterans, and the disabled. Good way to get a job is you can self-identify as disabled and there's no penalty for doing so if you "feel" you're disabled or have been, and it gets automatically filtered as a positive so you'll get a positive hit for employment.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The bias I see against special needs/disabled people here is really disturbing. Why dont you all treat them the way you'd want to be treated? Please reconsider your attitude and beliefs about them. This is one of the main reasons life is hard for them too, people looking at them badly and looking down on them. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Why assume I am a cashier?!?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The bias I see against special needs/disabled people here is really disturbing. Why dont you all treat them the way you'd want to be treated? Please reconsider your attitude and beliefs about them. This is one of the main reasons life is hard for them too, people looking at them badly and looking down on them. 


 At the end of the day, we're trying to make money in our stores. Keeping customers happy and getting everything done EFFICIENTLY is the key to that. I have nothing against disabled people personally but if they can't do the job right, they don't need to be employed. No different than a non-disabled person that can't do the job. And God forbid you end up like me and get one stocking, never thought I could see someone doing single digits stocking cases per hour but I assure you it's possible, and then nobody wants to replace him because "he can't help it" and they won't move him because guess what, nobody wants him in their department.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 322
Date:
Permalink   

As someone who is special needs, hah, let me tell you, I run circles around some of our other Utility / bagger staff. My managers have told me they'd rather hire 10 of me, then 2 basketcases full of what we have now. I'm trusted with a LOT more than the other baggers are, from being the go to for management if they want help in the store or want a project done, to being trusted to know a bit more and some pieces of info I really shouldn't know because I am not management, but i am trusted with it by management. I also sometimes help be the "lead" bagger if on nights when it's just me and the minors, as I help my superiors keep Front End orderly and running smoothly so we can have a good close. In my store, it takes someone who is very very dependable who can be our opening Utility as there are a lot of projects to be done in morning and they are not for the "slackers" or you'll just bomb the **** out right then and there. I got on mornings literally in a month and was assigned to open almost every saturday for several months. Was it because of my impairments? Hell no! It's my no nonsense work ethic and zero tolerance for bs that got me in management's eye and I got quickly assigned mornings because I got the work done and I did it right.

Before you bash special needs peeps, think about what they are feeling. Cause let me tell you, you wouldn't be able to handle my issues. I can tell you that for a FACT, and i still am getting out in the workforce and doing my damn hardest because i don't want to be reliant on the government, i want and have my own dreams and wishes I'd like fulfilled. Last job I worked, assembly and packaging, I'd like to see you do factory and materials handling / packaging at 6 in the morning til 5 at night working 40 hour weeks, getting up at 4 am to get to work on time and do my best for 10 months of the year. I do my job with a smile, because I am glad that i am able to make someone smile at the end of the day. If I can hold my head high and have someone be able to have a great shopping experience because of my efforts, then I consider that well worth me being hired. I have had multiple customer comments about my service provided and not one of them is yet to be a negative one. 

Please understand that not all of what you are "seeing" is really someone you "see", rather you are seeing the "issue" instead of the "individual"



-- Edited by UC151 on Saturday 19th of May 2018 01:38:29 AM

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I've worked with some very good clerks who were part of Just People. They were fantastically dependable in an almost mechanical way, far superior than lazy high schoolers who couldn't remember to clock in from sweeps or took forever on go backs or hid the buggy in the back because they were too busy goofing off.  

Not all special needs hires are well-suited to the job but many times I'd rather work with them because of dependability and focus.  If they can't focus then that's going to be a problem and you already have to baby sit so much up front. 

If you are seeing a problem then your manager or supervisor needs to find the tasks they excel doing.  Directing their work force's their job anyway! 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2589
Date:
Permalink   

We have two special needs people. One guy is a beast when he works. If you dont remind him, hed bypass his breaks and lunch and forget to clock out at the end of his shift. He's cheerful and talks to customers usually about the most random things. One time he told a customer milk was not good for cats because it makes their poop all runny. And not to give a kitten "big cat" food because it will not make them grow fast. Then he ran (literally) to give them a bag of kitten food, even offering to pay for it if they couldn't afford it. Customers love him. He's awesome.

The other guy is a hard worker and more serious. He only speaks when spoken to and does NOT like being interrupted from cleaning, helping customers, or doing whatever task he is assigned to at that time. Hell literally tell a checker that he is busy sweeping, on carts or whatever. It pisses some checkers off because that is NOT how things are done at our store. (According to some checkers) and that a courtesy clerk overstepping their bounds is an abomination to the Kroger heirchy. (Again according to some checkers) but the guy works hard even though he isn't well liked by front end.

__________________

How about NO?!?

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Whats the problem hiring special needs people? Would you rather them not have jobs or be able to make any money other than disability from he government(which doesnt allow you to save money btw like you're pretty much dependent on them for money under that) I say if Kroger will hire them and they can do the job, who cares? Why is that a problem? They're people and need money like you, they just need a little more assistance than you might, thats not a bad thing. Everyone is different, its how the world is. Id rather give people with disabilities a chance than not, I dont know why everyone doesnt feel the same, tbh its kinda horrible to look down on them. They cannot help how they were born, so why have a problem? Makes zero sense. 


 It's like the whole landfill thing.  We need them but not in my backyard.  I worked at a store that had a bunch of them and they scare me, they ask you where something is.  I don't know you work here too go find it.  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yes you have to go through the same hiring process.  By disability law they can not discriminate against you and make your self smart with ada law.  A disabled individual will always have preference over a non disabled individual.  You can make very reasonable job accommodations any time during employment.  You also have preferences in situations where a normal body individual is discriminating against you because you didn't do some thing right.  Please get smart with ada law so you don't have to go through the hell hole I went through.  Kroger should be thankful that I decided to drop my lawsuit.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2589
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Whats the problem hiring special needs people? Would you rather them not have jobs or be able to make any money other than disability from he government(which doesnt allow you to save money btw like you're pretty much dependent on them for money under that) I say if Kroger will hire them and they can do the job, who cares? Why is that a problem? They're people and need money like you, they just need a little more assistance than you might, thats not a bad thing. Everyone is different, its how the world is. Id rather give people with disabilities a chance than not, I dont know why everyone doesnt feel the same, tbh its kinda horrible to look down on them. They cannot help how they were born, so why have a problem? Makes zero sense. 


 It's like the whole landfill thing.  We need them but not in my backyard.  I worked at a store that had a bunch of them and they scare me, they ask you where something is.  I don't know you work here too go find it.  


 Deal with it.  EVERYBODY has a disability in one way or another. EVEN YOU. Some special needs people are a helluva lot nicer than most people. They dont judge and are ready to accept and like you just the you are. Dont you think they deserve the same respect?   Yeah, I think that they deserve respect as well.



__________________

How about NO?!?

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3388
Date:
Permalink   

^Yes!

My cousin has autism and works in our community all the time, he's pretty well known with a lot of people around here. He's volunteered at several places and has even done video production and photography for different events. Yes, he's different, but rude people just need to deal with it and let him be himself. I'm proud of him.

And yeah, you're right. everyone has something that could be a "disability"... even the people you think are the strongest might be hiding something, you never know until you truly get to know a person. Don't judge others.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 322
Date:
Permalink   

Exactly this! ^^

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

UC151 wrote:

As someone who is special needs, hah, let me tell you, I run circles around some of our other Utility / bagger staff. My managers have told me they'd rather hire 10 of me, then 2 basketcases full of what we have now. I'm trusted with a LOT more than the other baggers are, from being the go to for management if they want help in the store or want a project done, to being trusted to know a bit more and some pieces of info I really shouldn't know because I am not management, but i am trusted with it by management. I also sometimes help be the "lead" bagger if on nights when it's just me and the minors, as I help my superiors keep Front End orderly and running smoothly so we can have a good close. In my store, it takes someone who is very very dependable who can be our opening Utility as there are a lot of projects to be done in morning and they are not for the "slackers" or you'll just bomb the **** out right then and there. I got on mornings literally in a month and was assigned to open almost every saturday for several months. Was it because of my impairments? Hell no! It's my no nonsense work ethic and zero tolerance for bs that got me in management's eye and I got quickly assigned mornings because I got the work done and I did it right.

Before you bash special needs peeps, think about what they are feeling. Cause let me tell you, you wouldn't be able to handle my issues. I can tell you that for a FACT, and i still am getting out in the workforce and doing my damn hardest because i don't want to be reliant on the government, i want and have my own dreams and wishes I'd like fulfilled. Last job I worked, assembly and packaging, I'd like to see you do factory and materials handling / packaging at 6 in the morning til 5 at night working 40 hour weeks, getting up at 4 am to get to work on time and do my best for 10 months of the year. I do my job with a smile, because I am glad that i am able to make someone smile at the end of the day. If I can hold my head high and have someone be able to have a great shopping experience because of my efforts, then I consider that well worth me being hired. I have had multiple customer comments about my service provided and not one of them is yet to be a negative one. 

Please understand that not all of what you are "seeing" is really someone you "see", rather you are seeing the "issue" instead of the "individual"



-- Edited by UC151 on Saturday 19th of May 2018 01:38:29 AM

After reading your entire post, I 100% believe you are a suit. 


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
UC151 wrote:

As someone who is special needs, hah, let me tell you, I run circles around some of our other Utility / bagger staff. My managers have told me they'd rather hire 10 of me, then 2 basketcases full of what we have now. I'm trusted with a LOT more than the other baggers are, from being the go to for management if they want help in the store or want a project done, to being trusted to know a bit more and some pieces of info I really shouldn't know because I am not management, but i am trusted with it by management. I also sometimes help be the "lead" bagger if on nights when it's just me and the minors, as I help my superiors keep Front End orderly and running smoothly so we can have a good close. In my store, it takes someone who is very very dependable who can be our opening Utility as there are a lot of projects to be done in morning and they are not for the "slackers" or you'll just bomb the **** out right then and there. I got on mornings literally in a month and was assigned to open almost every saturday for several months. Was it because of my impairments? Hell no! It's my no nonsense work ethic and zero tolerance for bs that got me in management's eye and I got quickly assigned mornings because I got the work done and I did it right.

Before you bash special needs peeps, think about what they are feeling. Cause let me tell you, you wouldn't be able to handle my issues. I can tell you that for a FACT, and i still am getting out in the workforce and doing my damn hardest because i don't want to be reliant on the government, i want and have my own dreams and wishes I'd like fulfilled. Last job I worked, assembly and packaging, I'd like to see you do factory and materials handling / packaging at 6 in the morning til 5 at night working 40 hour weeks, getting up at 4 am to get to work on time and do my best for 10 months of the year. I do my job with a smile, because I am glad that i am able to make someone smile at the end of the day. If I can hold my head high and have someone be able to have a great shopping experience because of my efforts, then I consider that well worth me being hired. I have had multiple customer comments about my service provided and not one of them is yet to be a negative one. 

Please understand that not all of what you are "seeing" is really someone you "see", rather you are seeing the "issue" instead of the "individual"



-- Edited by UC151 on Saturday 19th of May 2018 01:38:29 AM

After reading your entire post, I 100% believe you are a suit. 

 Lol .....  "a suit"?   More like an *ss!  (You are being way too nice to this bigot).



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

mega-kitteh wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Whats the problem hiring special needs people? Would you rather them not have jobs or be able to make any money other than disability from he government(which doesnt allow you to save money btw like you're pretty much dependent on them for money under that) I say if Kroger will hire them and they can do the job, who cares? Why is that a problem? They're people and need money like you, they just need a little more assistance than you might, thats not a bad thing. Everyone is different, its how the world is. Id rather give people with disabilities a chance than not, I dont know why everyone doesnt feel the same, tbh its kinda horrible to look down on them. They cannot help how they were born, so why have a problem? Makes zero sense. 


 It's like the whole landfill thing.  We need them but not in my backyard.  I worked at a store that had a bunch of them and they scare me, they ask you where something is.  I don't know you work here too go find it.  


 Deal with it.  EVERYBODY has a disability in one way or another. EVEN YOU. Some special needs people are a helluva lot nicer than most people. They dont judge and are ready to accept and like you just the you are. Dont you think they deserve the same respect?   Yeah, I think that they deserve respect as well.


 Absolutely agree!  EVERYBODY does have some form of disability.  And furthermore, any of us could end up with a major disability, because things often happen in life that cannot be controlled.  Be careful how you treat others.   Why can't we all just learn to get along and let kindness prevail?  I have witnessed people with special needs who are very hardworking individuals and companies are lucky to have them.   Need to STOP thinking of them as a "category" and think of them as individuals.    On the other hand, I have seen people (one was a manager) who everybody thinks is so smart and able bodied slack on the job while making fun of someone they think is "inferior" to their "wonderful" selves ..... grossly sickening.   



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
mega-kitteh wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Whats the problem hiring special needs people? Would you rather them not have jobs or be able to make any money other than disability from he government(which doesnt allow you to save money btw like you're pretty much dependent on them for money under that) I say if Kroger will hire them and they can do the job, who cares? Why is that a problem? They're people and need money like you, they just need a little more assistance than you might, thats not a bad thing. Everyone is different, its how the world is. Id rather give people with disabilities a chance than not, I dont know why everyone doesnt feel the same, tbh its kinda horrible to look down on them. They cannot help how they were born, so why have a problem? Makes zero sense. 


 It's like the whole landfill thing.  We need them but not in my backyard.  I worked at a store that had a bunch of them and they scare me, they ask you where something is.  I don't know you work here too go find it.  


 Deal with it.  EVERYBODY has a disability in one way or another. EVEN YOU. Some special needs people are a helluva lot nicer than most people. They dont judge and are ready to accept and like you just the you are. Dont you think they deserve the same respect?   Yeah, I think that they deserve respect as well.


 Absolutely agree!  EVERYBODY does have some form of disability.  And furthermore, any of us could end up with a major disability, because things often happen in life that cannot be controlled.  Be careful how you treat others.   Why can't we all just learn to get along and let kindness prevail?  I have witnessed people with special needs who are very hardworking individuals and companies are lucky to have them.   Need to STOP thinking of them as a "category" and think of them as individuals.    On the other hand, I have seen people (one was a manager) who everybody thinks is so smart and able bodied slack on the job while making fun of someone they think is "inferior" to their "wonderful" selves ..... grossly sickening.   


 I mean one of these people they hired kept starring and women with large breasts. He even licked his lips or maybe he was wiping his drool away wihh the his tongue idk either way he probably hate rape thoughts.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

They get away with murder it seems. If they dont punch a sweep its overlooked. If we do it we get coached and written up. Same with getting carts and cleaning spills. Are they not able to receive disciplinary action like the rest of us? Everyone says they deserve to be treated the same as everyone else. And if that's so then they should be able to get disciplined like everyone else.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

In my experience company will often have two tiers. People in a conservatorship are handled differently than those who are not. Ive seen them sent home with policy sign offs rather than written up. Its assumed they dont know better unless its something as basic as stealing. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Ive supervised associates who are part of Just People and they were good workers as long as they stayed focused. Some of them were almost robotic in their habits and duties. As for the friendly piece some if them didnt talk. And that was OK, just d have them upfront bagging. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The job isn't all that attractive to society. Kroger only pays ten cents above minimum wage. THe union contracts have shi--ted on employees long enough to make the job less desirable. When you make jobs unlivable it attracts people in society that are restricted to these kinds of work. Trust me I can't tell you how difficult it is to find an employer willing to work equally with people of all kinds, types and mental struggles. I can't tell you how many employers fired me over the decades for my disability. I swore if another one did so I'd sue. Kroger has been very willing to work with me. One con of this company is when they find out you have a disability they shove you in one position and you're stale mate until you move stores. 

By dshs law if two applicants apply for a job and both are relatively equally qualified; by law they must accept the disabled individual before the "normal". 

 

Special needs people are just as good at any repetitious job as any other so called "normal" individual. Shame on you for being offended your store has special needs people. Even posting something like this bashes them. 

Kroger is an equal opportunity employer. I'm highly functioning and you wouldn't know that I'm special needs unless I told you so. I look so called "normal" in a repetitious environment. Move me out of it and oh, you'll notice. 

Yes I'm offended by your post! Thanks di--ck. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The job isn't all that attractive to society. Kroger only pays ten cents above minimum wage. THe union contracts have shi--ted on employees long enough to make the job less desirable. When you make jobs unlivable it attracts people in society that are restricted to these kinds of work. Trust me I can't tell you how difficult it is to find an employer willing to work equally with people of all kinds, types and mental struggles. I can't tell you how many employers fired me over the decades for my disability. I swore if another one did so I'd sue. Kroger has been very willing to work with me. One con of this company is when they find out you have a disability they shove you in one position and you're stale mate until you move stores. 

By dshs law if two applicants apply for a job and both are relatively equally qualified; by law they must accept the disabled individual before the "normal". 

 

Special needs people are just as good at any repetitious job as any other so called "normal" individual. Shame on you for being offended your store has special needs people. Even posting something like this bashes them. 

Kroger is an equal opportunity employer. I'm highly functioning and you wouldn't know that I'm special needs unless I told you so. I look so called "normal" in a repetitious environment. Move me out of it and oh, you'll notice. 

Yes I'm offended by your post! Thanks di--ck. 


 Stop crying, I'll bring you a coloring book, Jesus no



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The job isn't all that attractive to society. Kroger only pays ten cents above minimum wage. THe union contracts have shi--ted on employees long enough to make the job less desirable. When you make jobs unlivable it attracts people in society that are restricted to these kinds of work. Trust me I can't tell you how difficult it is to find an employer willing to work equally with people of all kinds, types and mental struggles. I can't tell you how many employers fired me over the decades for my disability. I swore if another one did so I'd sue. Kroger has been very willing to work with me. One con of this company is when they find out you have a disability they shove you in one position and you're stale mate until you move stores. 

By dshs law if two applicants apply for a job and both are relatively equally qualified; by law they must accept the disabled individual before the "normal". 

 

Special needs people are just as good at any repetitious job as any other so called "normal" individual. Shame on you for being offended your store has special needs people. Even posting something like this bashes them. 

Kroger is an equal opportunity employer. I'm highly functioning and you wouldn't know that I'm special needs unless I told you so. I look so called "normal" in a repetitious environment. Move me out of it and oh, you'll notice. 

Yes I'm offended by your post! Thanks di--ck. 


 Look special needs tards need to follow the same standards as us normal associates. Its unfair and we wont stand for it !



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1059
Date:
Permalink   

Pierdnem i mierdzi jak jajka.



__________________

My YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoThvckHfxfuVPEYvWy8yeA

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

We have one special needs guy that tries to tune our breaks and lunches. I just ignore him. But when he gets too close it's all I can do not to say "back the fk up." I hate it when people get all up on me. Special needs or not, stay thr fk back and do not get in my.personal.space.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

We have one special needs guy that tries to tune our breaks and lunches. I just ignore him. But when he gets too close it's all I can do not to say "back the fk up." I hate it when people get all up on me. Special needs or not, stay thr fk back and do not get in my.personal.space.


 and they always, ALWAYS have the stinkiest god d a m n breath disbelief



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

We have one special needs guy that tries to tune our breaks and lunches. I just ignore him. But when he gets too close it's all I can do not to say "back the fk up." I hate it when people get all up on me. Special needs or not, stay thr fk back and do not get in my.personal.space.


 and they always, ALWAYS have the stinkiest god d a m n breath disbelief


 Could be their ass. You know how most of these associates dont wash



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

i386 wrote:

Pierdnem i mierdzi jak jajka.


  Dlaczego ocet destylowany usuwa zapach jaj? Naukowiec ds. ywienia Jessica Gavin wyjania to bardziej szczegóowo. Mówi



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1059
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
i386 wrote:

Pierdnem i mierdzi jak jajka.


  Dlaczego ocet destylowany usuwa zapach jaj? Naukowiec ds. ywienia Jessica Gavin wyjania to bardziej szczegóowo. Mówi


 867-5309  "  "

 

867-5309 jenee jenee



-- Edited by i386 on Thursday 24th of November 2022 11:35:31 PM



-- Edited by i386 on Thursday 24th of November 2022 11:36:02 PM

__________________

My YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoThvckHfxfuVPEYvWy8yeA

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I'm highly offended by this post. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I'm highly offended by this post. 


 They are actual facts and true stories though. We need to put the info out there and warn the normal people



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Do those people have to go thru the same application process as the rest of us? Here in my area a company called Just People supplies a lot of them to local grocery stores (including Publix.)


 Diversity of abilities and disabilities. 

The applicant with disabilities go through different process includes a job coach. Not all applicants go through different process. The store has seen one applicant was hired by human resource because he harassing female employees. Applicant was harassing more female employees and targeting one. He was not terminated until a little over 1 year for theft. (Management opt out the sexual harassment on his record and he's still rehireable sadly)



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Do those people have to go thru the same application process as the rest of us? Here in my area a company called Just People supplies a lot of them to local grocery stores (including Publix.)


 Diversity of abilities and disabilities. 

The applicant with disabilities go through different process includes a job coach. Not all applicants go through different process. The store has seen one applicant was hired by human resource because he harassing female employees. Applicant was harassing more female employees and targeting one. He was not terminated until a little over 1 year for theft. (Management opt out the sexual harassment on his record and he's still rehireable sadly)


 See thats what Im talking about the special needs tard at my store just stares sone women down like he wants to milk them. This is employees and customers alike. Its very noticeable and rude. He literally will do it while bagging and will put the wrong items in the bags cause its too focused on certain women with rather large breast. Its not right its still employed here.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Do those people have to go thru the same application process as the rest of us? Here in my area a company called Just People supplies a lot of them to local grocery stores (including Publix.)


 Diversity of abilities and disabilities. 

The applicant with disabilities go through different process includes a job coach. Not all applicants go through different process. The store has seen one applicant was hired by human resource because he harassing female employees. Applicant was harassing more female employees and targeting one. He was not terminated until a little over 1 year for theft. (Management opt out the sexual harassment on his record and he's still rehireable sadly)


 See thats what Im talking about the special needs tard at my store just stares sone women down like he wants to milk them. This is employees and customers alike. Its very noticeable and rude. He literally will do it while bagging and will put the wrong items in the bags cause its too focused on certain women with rather large breast. Its not right its still employed here.


 Special needs is the key. They won't do anything because hes special needs. BUT, if you anything remotely ANYTHING that sounds like your getting pIssed off at his behavior then YOU are wrong. Special needs is the key to why the overlook.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard