Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: I've heard other divisions have changed the dress code. Guess mine is next.
Anonymous

Date:
I've heard other divisions have changed the dress code. Guess mine is next.
Permalink   


Come next month, my store which is located in the Southwest Division is no longer requiring us to wear the blue Kroger shirts. Now we can supposedly wear whatever shirt and pants we want as long as the clothing doesn't have any tears or rips in it and as long as the clothing is "work appropriate" meaning no obscene or vulgar language/imagery. The only things we're required to wear that are Kroger-related is an... apron (yay... can't wait.) and a name badge.

Guess Kroger discovered it's cheaper to just provide everyone with an apron (less material! Lower costs!) than shirts.

Can't wait until customer complaints start rolling in because somebody got offended because of something on someone's shirt (that the apron didn't quite cover) that he or she personally sees as being offensive.

Maybe... just maybe... Kroger, you should worry about, oh I don't know, maybe some of the many, many, MANY far more pressing issues in the stores than tinkering with the dress code.

Just a thought.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Come next month, my store which is located in the Southwest Division is no longer requiring us to wear the blue Kroger shirts. Now we can supposedly wear whatever shirt and pants we want as long as the clothing doesn't have any tears or rips in it and as long as the clothing is "work appropriate" meaning no obscene or vulgar language/imagery. The only things we're required to wear that are Kroger-related is an... apron (yay... can't wait.) and a name badge.

Guess Kroger discovered it's cheaper to just provide everyone with an apron (less material! Lower costs!) than shirts.

Can't wait until customer complaints start rolling in because somebody got offended because of something on someone's shirt (that the apron didn't quite cover) that he or she personally sees as being offensive.

Maybe... just maybe... Kroger, you should worry about, oh I don't know, maybe some of the many, many, MANY far more pressing issues in the stores than tinkering with the dress code.

Just a thought.


 Why would kroger take your failed advice about how to run their business? LOL get back out there and bring in the carts slave.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Come next month, my store which is located in the Southwest Division is no longer requiring us to wear the blue Kroger shirts. Now we can supposedly wear whatever shirt and pants we want as long as the clothing doesn't have any tears or rips in it and as long as the clothing is "work appropriate" meaning no obscene or vulgar language/imagery. The only things we're required to wear that are Kroger-related is an... apron (yay... can't wait.) and a name badge.

Guess Kroger discovered it's cheaper to just provide everyone with an apron (less material! Lower costs!) than shirts.

Can't wait until customer complaints start rolling in because somebody got offended because of something on someone's shirt (that the apron didn't quite cover) that he or she personally sees as being offensive.

Maybe... just maybe... Kroger, you should worry about, oh I don't know, maybe some of the many, many, MANY far more pressing issues in the stores than tinkering with the dress code.

Just a thought.


 I disagree. Dress code is an important issue not having to pay for all those shirts, especially when tons of employees quit, saves the company money. Also realizing that it is better for moral for employees to be more flexible with uniform is good too. I am very happy Kroger decided to change dress code. I hope it is true that employees can wear any color of pants they want. That is so convenient.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1509
Date:
Permalink   

Changing the dress code is a slippery slope with today's generation. Atleast with wearing a Uniform the associates know they should be "working". I love how it was said previously "everything is about perception", so an associate wearing who know what is going to raise the image of the store to customers?

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 452
Date:
Permalink   

About once a week, I try to dress business casual. But that's kinda hard with the cold weather and all, I've gotta wear my winter hoodies, sweatshirts and jackets while being at the front end.

I don't think hoodies are in the new uniform code, and they are very unprofessional, especially since one of our ACSMs wears them constantly, but I at least try to keep it solid color. Whereas others have got their Nike, Addidas, and other logos on theirs.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

EUID_Unknown wrote:

Changing the dress code is a slippery slope with today's generation. Atleast with wearing a Uniform the associates know they should be "working". I love how it was said previously "everything is about perception", so an associate wearing who know what is going to raise the image of the store to customers?


 Agree. It's an integrity issue. Just like in the military; the whole purpose of uniforms and coordinated marching and strict form in standing at attention is to maintain and project orderliness and efficiency. Without that? Everything falls into disarray.



__________________
Bakerchick25

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Come next month, my store which is located in the Southwest Division is no longer requiring us to wear the blue Kroger shirts. Now we can supposedly wear whatever shirt and pants we want as long as the clothing doesn't have any tears or rips in it and as long as the clothing is "work appropriate" meaning no obscene or vulgar language/imagery. The only things we're required to wear that are Kroger-related is an... apron (yay... can't wait.) and a name badge.

Guess Kroger discovered it's cheaper to just provide everyone with an apron (less material! Lower costs!) than shirts.

Can't wait until customer complaints start rolling in because somebody got offended because of something on someone's shirt (that the apron didn't quite cover) that he or she personally sees as being offensive.

Maybe... just maybe... Kroger, you should worry about, oh I don't know, maybe some of the many, many, MANY far more pressing issues in the stores than tinkering with the dress code.

Just a thought.


 Hmm, that should be interesting. Don't think that is coming to my area though (Columbus Division), but I caught a little snippet from our pastry chef talking to the bakery back up about the fact that we might get just regular T-shirts as a new uniform or something. Which, I think is just as bad an idea as folks not having the usual uniform on. Because at least with the Kroger blue shirts, that has a thicker material to them than your average t-shirt. And adds additional warmth when go in and out of freezers and coolers(whose temp seems to be out matching the freezers half the time), all the time. A thin t-shirt, even with layering is for sure not going to keep you warm. And not everyone has or even thinks to bring their coat with them. So I can foresee a lot more complaints if that's the plan.

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
EUID_Unknown wrote:

Changing the dress code is a slippery slope with today's generation. Atleast with wearing a Uniform the associates know they should be "working". I love how it was said previously "everything is about perception", so an associate wearing who know what is going to raise the image of the store to customers?


 Agree. It's an integrity issue. Just like in the military; the whole purpose of uniforms and coordinated marching and strict form in standing at attention is to maintain and project orderliness and efficiency. Without that? Everything falls into disarray.


 Calm down it's just groceries. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
EUID_Unknown wrote:

Changing the dress code is a slippery slope with today's generation. Atleast with wearing a Uniform the associates know they should be "working". I love how it was said previously "everything is about perception", so an associate wearing who know what is going to raise the image of the store to customers?


 Agree. It's an integrity issue. Just like in the military; the whole purpose of uniforms and coordinated marching and strict form in standing at attention is to maintain and project orderliness and efficiency. Without that? Everything falls into disarray.


 Calm down it's just groceries. 


 Exactly. We are not saving lives or being world representatives, we pick and handle and stock food. This isn't the place to wear your nicest stuff because it can get damaged and there's a huge chance your clothes can get dirty. All that's really needed is something so customers can identify us. I'm glad Kroger realizes that. If someone is lazy and doesn't want to work, a uniform is not going to change that.



__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 981
Date:
Permalink   

Nice how Krogrr unilaterally changes policies, mid-contract, and Ricky Burris's family-employment-service union goes right along with it, no questions asked.

Also, I'm not wearing a ****ing apron.


__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 981
Date:
Permalink   

 

Our Fresh New Look is Here

Jan 23, 2019

Dallas

Human Resources

We know that when we Feed the Human Spirit of our Associates, we create a place where they love to work. Giving associates the freedom to wear clothes that tells their story goes a long way towards improving the associate experience. This in turn, improves the experience for our customers.

Encouraging associates to be their unique self will better enable our associate to make a genuine connection with each other and with customers. A more relaxed dress code helps associates feel more comfortable at work, and when they feel comfortable, they stay longer. So. were rolling out a new uniform!



The new uniform is a Kroger blue apron ingrained with the Our Promise messages. One of the first things you are likely to notice about the aprons is the heart. The fact that the heart will be displayed over our heart was intentional and serves as a reminder of what we stand for -  to Feed the Human Spirit.  The second is a ribbon that is stitched into the hem that will remind us what matters most Our Purpose and Promise. As you put it on each day, our hope is that these words guide your actions as you work and represent our brand.

Starbucks, Meat department, Murrays Cheese Shop, CSMs and Floor Supervisors, and Pharmacy associates will not wear the new apron. However, they will follow the rest of the dress code in regard to the clothing underneath their apron and their appearance. The Pharmacy team will follow their merchandising guidelines. 

As with before, looking fresh will be an important part of our uniform. A clean appearance, name badge, and a friendly smile will complete your new look. Our uniforms are meant to allow our associates personalities to shine through, so they can be their best selves for our customers each day!

 

 

Youll need some important dates below:

  • These new uniforms go live on Wednesday, February 20
  • Youll see the boxes begin to arrive in stores the week of February 10
  • After February 20, youll be able to order additional aprons on ePro

Be ready to highlight and show off your Fresh New Look!

 

If youd like a copy of the Dress Code Policy, please click here.

If youd like to see the one-pager about your new uniform, click here.

 



-- Edited by kroagrr on Wednesday 30th of January 2019 08:29:58 AM

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yuck.



__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 981
Date:
Permalink   

Right: a blue straight jacket. Should be just the thing for night crews.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

kroagrr wrote:

Right: a blue straight jacket. Should be just the thing for night crews.


With all the bending, kneeling, twisting, turning and just movement in general, you would think they'd exempt night crew from having to wear these dumb things, but probably not. Bet they're going get a lot dirtier faster too and since Kroger will probably only give out one per person (because of how CHEAP the company is), I'm sure everyone from the grocery night crew to the produce team to ClickList, everything is gonna be looking super CLEAN and FRESH!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Cool, skinny jeans and no socks!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

kroagrr wrote:

 

Our Fresh New Look is Here

Jan 23, 2019

Dallas

Human Resources

We know that when we Feed the Human Spirit of our Associates, we create a place where they love to work. Giving associates the freedom to wear clothes that tells their story goes a long way towards improving the associate experience. This in turn, improves the experience for our customers.

Encouraging associates to be their unique self will better enable our associate to make a genuine connection with each other and with customers. A more relaxed dress code helps associates feel more comfortable at work, and when they feel comfortable, they stay longer. So. were rolling out a new uniform!



The new uniform is a Kroger blue apron ingrained with the Our Promise messages. One of the first things you are likely to notice about the aprons is the heart. The fact that the heart will be displayed over our heart was intentional and serves as a reminder of what we stand for -  to Feed the Human Spirit.  The second is a ribbon that is stitched into the hem that will remind us what matters most Our Purpose and Promise. As you put it on each day, our hope is that these words guide your actions as you work and represent our brand.

Starbucks, Meat department, Murrays Cheese Shop, CSMs and Floor Supervisors, and Pharmacy associates will not wear the new apron. However, they will follow the rest of the dress code in regard to the clothing underneath their apron and their appearance. The Pharmacy team will follow their merchandising guidelines. 

As with before, looking fresh will be an important part of our uniform. A clean appearance, name badge, and a friendly smile will complete your new look. Our uniforms are meant to allow our associates personalities to shine through, so they can be their best selves for our customers each day!

 

 

Youll need some important dates below:

  • These new uniforms go live on Wednesday, February 20
  • Youll see the boxes begin to arrive in stores the week of February 10
  • After February 20, youll be able to order additional aprons on ePro

Be ready to highlight and show off your Fresh New Look!

 

If youd like a copy of the Dress Code Policy, please click here.

If youd like to see the one-pager about your new uniform, click here.

 



-- Edited by kroagrr on Wednesday 30th of January 2019 08:29:58 AM


 Didn't other divisions get s vest or smock



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I'd much rather have a vest. During our remodel, we had employees walking around wearing black vests (similar to the red vests floor supervisors have) that said something like "how can I help you today"? Those looked a heck of a lot better than these ugly aprons.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3359
Date:
Permalink   

In my division we were supposed to get an apron, a vest, or a smock, but my store never got the vests in. Which really annoyed me because other stores were seen as more important, like the marketplace 20 miles away from us.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

This happened in my division already.  Wear your old uniform, as long as you can.  Till it gets ratty old.  They tried to force me to wear my own clothes to work,  I worked in the meat department.  They threatened to send me home several times for showing up in the kroger blues.  I just Said" these clothes meet your requirement for dress code, these are my clothes, i bought them at goodwill, if you are requiring a specific uniform you are required by law to provide it".

 

I was harassed 2 more times before i put it in writing and gave it to HR that i was being harassed by store management for my style in clothes, that it was ridiculous as it met all of the companies standards for dress code.  

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3359
Date:
Permalink   

My store finally got the vest, i'm going to wear it more than the apron now. i don't care that i'm in the bakery, my HR person tried telling me i needed the apron but nope i want the vest. If everyone else can have one so can I.

__________________


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 981
Date:
Permalink   

Purple pleather pants, crotchless, with white, Mike Brady shoes and wide-arse belt.


__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

These aprons are A W F U L. I work on the Front End, and seeing baggers try to bag effectively (which they already struggle with because theyre completely unmotivated) AND push carts in a ****ing apron is making me lose my mind. I also ahre this burden because they usually dont have everything bagged by the time Im done scanning so I also have to bend and twist, getting tangled in this stupid apron that is one-size-fits all unless youre short (like me). Damn thing literally goes town to my calves. 

 

P.S. everyone should be required to wear them if they want them to promote unity. Clicklist, Management, and FES should not get a pass. 

Did the Kroger polo suck? Yeah, kind of, especially in the summer because the material feels like sandpaper and its hot, but Id gladly switch back to get away from these aprons. 

Cost effectiveness is not worth the hundreds of complaints AND people quitting over an apron (Yes, this did indeed happen multiple times). 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 

Did the Kroger polo suck? Yeah, kind of, especially in the summer because the material feels like sandpaper and its hot, but Id gladly switch back to get away from these aprons. 

 

 

 

I like the look of the polos, but yeah the material is too rough.  Also that light blue...yuck.  I'll give the aprons a chance, but I'm not going above and beyond to ask for one, I'll wait to begin using mine when they bring me one. 

 

We had a couple associates get sent home for refusing to wear it, which can be seen as a benefit to the employee.  Free day off? Heck yeah!



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard