Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Manager will not fix AC on front end
Anonymous

Date:
Manager will not fix AC on front end
Permalink   


The AC at the front end of the store hasnt worked for months and the manager has done nothing in order to have it fixed, I see people who look like theyre on the edge of heatstroke - and they wont allow anyone to wear shorts except baggers per the policy. Who do we contact if the manager will not have the Ac fixed?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 555
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The AC at the front end of the store hasnt worked for months and the manager has done nothing in order to have it fixed, I see people who look like theyre on the edge of heatstroke - and they wont allow anyone to wear shorts except baggers per the policy. Who do we contact if the manager will not have the Ac fixed?


 Maybe it has been reported but facility has failed to come and fix it. I would report to OSHA. 



__________________

https://computersetc.activeboard.com/

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1255
Date:
Permalink   

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 555
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymouse1 wrote:

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.


 Hazardous work environment. But your are right I doubt they will care. I used to work in the backroom work supply truck and it was so hot in the summer. Also freezing in the winter.



__________________

https://computersetc.activeboard.com/

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1255
Date:
Permalink   

The only hazard I can see think of is air not being circulated properly.  And we need fresh air for Covid19.  Other than that, AC is a creature compfort.  We are spoiled rotten as a society.
I watch the nomad tribes in the Himalayas on you tube live simple lives and wonder how nice it would be.  Food(from the land), shelter(erect tent or use cave) and clothing(home made).  Anything else is a creature compfort.
i386 wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.


 Hazardous work environment. But your are right I doubt they will care. I used to work in the backroom work supply truck and it was so hot in the summer. Also freezing in the winter.


 



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

If you've done all the in company fixes and they're not doing it go out side. A company must have a functional ac/heater unit according to osha. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 509
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymouse1 wrote:

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.


 Yes, but remember this is a company with millions of CUSTOMERS coming in our doors and all stores need to have adequate air conditioning for at least a minimum of bodily comfort while shopping.  Kroger may not care about the health and safety of their employees but they have to accommodate the needs of the customers.  Very few businesses which host large numbers of customers go without air conditioning in this day and age. It's expected. 

I can understand a temporary problem with the AC down for a day, or two days, but if the OP is really telling the truth and it has been out of service for MONTHS, this is a serious outrage.  Customers could get sick, pass out, be taken to the hospital and the store could be subject to lawsuits.  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Kroger-Employee wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.


 Yes, but remember this is a company with millions of CUSTOMERS coming in our doors and all stores need to have adequate air conditioning for at least a minimum of bodily comfort while shopping.  Kroger may not care about the health and safety of their employees but they have to accommodate the needs of the customers.  Very few businesses which host large numbers of customers go without air conditioning in this day and age. It's expected. 

I can understand a temporary problem with the AC down for a day, or two days, but if the OP is really telling the truth and it has been out of service for MONTHS, this is a serious outrage.  Customers could get sick, pass out, be taken to the hospital and the store could be subject to lawsuits.  


 I can't tell you how many customers over the years have complained if it's too hot or too cold in the stores...Of course, when I was a kid, I used to BEG my mom to go to the grocery store on those 100 degree days...This was a different chain, but at the entrance to the store, they had these TWO GIANT INDUSTRIAL FANS blowing cold air into the produce department...Lights were minimal and the department always felt like you were walking into a meat locker...I guess those days are gone! no

By the way, I get that remark about the nomads in the Himalayas, but NONE OF THEM WORK FOR KROGER or are likely to shop Kroger any time soon, so that point is moot...



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1376
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Kroger-Employee wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.


 Yes, but remember this is a company with millions of CUSTOMERS coming in our doors and all stores need to have adequate air conditioning for at least a minimum of bodily comfort while shopping.  Kroger may not care about the health and safety of their employees but they have to accommodate the needs of the customers.  Very few businesses which host large numbers of customers go without air conditioning in this day and age. It's expected. 

I can understand a temporary problem with the AC down for a day, or two days, but if the OP is really telling the truth and it has been out of service for MONTHS, this is a serious outrage.  Customers could get sick, pass out, be taken to the hospital and the store could be subject to lawsuits.  


 I can't tell you how many customers over the years have complained if it's too hot or too cold in the stores...Of course, when I was a kid, I used to BEG my mom to go to the grocery store on those 100 degree days...This was a different chain, but at the entrance to the store, they had these TWO GIANT INDUSTRIAL FANS blowing cold air into the produce department...Lights were minimal and the department always felt like you were walking into a meat locker...I guess those days are gone! no

By the way, I get that remark about the nomads in the Himalayas, but NONE OF THEM WORK FOR KROGER or are likely to shop Kroger any time soon, so that point is moot...


 I remember going into stores as a kid in summer and literally you would freeze in the dairy aisle with the open air coolers and then AC running.  The newer cases have better airflow, newer stores/remodels have doors on their cases and they not regulate the HVAC more then previously.  When they finally figured out what was wrong with our FE AC back in the day, the 2nd stage wasn't working.  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Kroger-Employee wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.


 Yes, but remember this is a company with millions of CUSTOMERS coming in our doors and all stores need to have adequate air conditioning for at least a minimum of bodily comfort while shopping.  Kroger may not care about the health and safety of their employees but they have to accommodate the needs of the customers.  Very few businesses which host large numbers of customers go without air conditioning in this day and age. It's expected. 

I can understand a temporary problem with the AC down for a day, or two days, but if the OP is really telling the truth and it has been out of service for MONTHS, this is a serious outrage.  Customers could get sick, pass out, be taken to the hospital and the store could be subject to lawsuits.  


 Lol it CANNOT be subject to lawsuits. dumbest thing I've read today.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1376
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Kroger-Employee wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:

I seriously doubt AC is required by an employer.  Osha won't care unless it is a safety hazard: Fire, water puddles or electrical.  Air Conditioning is not in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution.


 Yes, but remember this is a company with millions of CUSTOMERS coming in our doors and all stores need to have adequate air conditioning for at least a minimum of bodily comfort while shopping.  Kroger may not care about the health and safety of their employees but they have to accommodate the needs of the customers.  Very few businesses which host large numbers of customers go without air conditioning in this day and age. It's expected. 

I can understand a temporary problem with the AC down for a day, or two days, but if the OP is really telling the truth and it has been out of service for MONTHS, this is a serious outrage.  Customers could get sick, pass out, be taken to the hospital and the store could be subject to lawsuits.  


 Lol it CANNOT be subject to lawsuits. dumbest thing I've read today.


 Why does everyone think something can be a lawsuit? An employer is only responsible for providing a safe workplace, unless the FE is 100+ degrees, its just "uncomfortable". 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymouse1 wrote:
The only hazard I can see think of is air not being circulated properly.  And we need fresh air for Covid19.  Other than that, AC is a creature compfort.  We are spoiled rotten as a society.

 Yeah sure. I've watched a cashier pass out from the heat. Where I'm at has no air circulation up front and with the plexiglass it's worse than normal.  We do what we can but we have to look out for each other. 

The problem is environmental decisions are made by corporate, the store can't do anything except service hub something.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1376
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymouse1 wrote:
The only hazard I can see think of is air not being circulated properly.  And we need fresh air for Covid19.  Other than that, AC is a creature compfort.  We are spoiled rotten as a society.

 Yeah sure. I've watched a cashier pass out from the heat. Where I'm at has no air circulation up front and with the plexiglass it's worse than normal.  We do what we can but we have to look out for each other. 

The problem is environmental decisions are made by corporate, the store can't do anything except service hub something.

 

In reality, air conditioning might promote the spread of COVID, maybe not having any is "for your safety".....JOKE

Also, Cashier/Clerk are you not thinking about your baggers, they have no plexiglass and have to go outside.  With wearing a mask and having to talk with customer 24/7, I would try to limit talking to the basics and get a more "breathable" mask or face shield.   



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard