Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Suspended pending Kroger
Anonymous

Date:
Suspended pending Kroger
Permalink   


On September 26.2020 Approximately around 5:50 pm or 6:00 pm I was running self checkout (A) checking Identification for a purchase of alcohol for customers when this one gentleman refused to show Identification I declined the sale and explained to customer that unfortunately we have to follow state regulations with purchase of alcohol I can not authorize the sale he did not like the answer I gave him he then started using Derogatory words against me and I explained to him again I can not authorize the sale without proper identification he then again started with more Derogatory words calling me a ****** as I was standing next to him he drops the bottle of Champagne missing my foot by Centimeters I walked away to continue serving other customers and as soon I turned my back I notice the bottle of champagne thrown across the area of self messing me and another customer I had already directed the customer to the service desk for further assistance he starts Using more derogatory words I left the store To go outside to avoid further Computation. Since I was outside I pulled my mask down to get fresh air and to also wait for him to leave the store before I returned back in the store he then saw me and Proceeded to say put your F**king mask back on before I repeat what I did inside the store at this point no manager or security is around to protect me until after I shoved him sandy springs police arrived and I explained to them just as Im explaining in this letter what happened they saw the video of what he did I informed them what he had done and said and they wanted to take him into custody but i later found out that management decline to have him arrested when that should have been my call of action now this looks like this was ok for him or any other customer to come into our work place to harm Kroger employees Kroger does not have its best interest in protecting its employees I guess the customer is always right in this case I get suspended and nothing happens to the customer this is really is not a good situation for Kroger for the way things look I was never asked once was I ok management basically took the customer side and proven that Violence to employees is OK 

[Admin Note:] Removed personally identifying information.



-- Edited by Admin on Sunday 11th of October 2020 05:18:08 AM

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Typical.  Manager tells cops when to investigate and what to find.  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

You didn't say whether or not you called management before walking outside and leaving SCO. ---I get why anyone would have done that, given the situation. But if you didn't page management and thereby cover yourself, that alone could put you in hot water.

I don't know much about the UFCW, or if you're repped by them and if so, how good they are. But if you can grieve this I would immediately. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPEBED, and soon while it's still fresh in your mind. If keeping the job is important to you I would talk to a lawyer too. Based on what you described, you're basically being punished for being assaulted and almost battered. You 100% deserve to be protected from and backed up for that. 

Let us know how this all goes. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

wrote:

On September 26.2020 Approximately around 5:50 pm or 6:00 pm I was running self checkout (A) checking Identification for a purchase of alcohol for customers when this one gentleman refused to show Identification I declined the sale and explained to customer that unfortunately we have to follow state regulations with purchase of alcohol I can not authorize the sale he did not like the answer I gave him he then started using Derogatory words against me and I explained to him again I can not authorize the sale without proper identification he then again started with more Derogatory words calling me a ****** as I was standing next to him he drops the bottle of Champagne missing my foot by Centimeters I walked away to continue serving other customers and as soon I turned my back I notice the bottle of champagne thrown across the area of self messing me and another customer I had already directed the customer to the service desk for further assistance he starts Using more derogatory words I left the store To go outside to avoid further Computation. Since I was outside I pulled my mask down to get fresh air and to also wait for him to leave the store before I returned back in the store he then saw me and Proceeded to say put your F**king mask back on before I repeat what I did inside the store at this point no manager or security is around to protect me until after I shoved him sandy springs police arrived and I explained to them just as Im explaining in this letter what happened they saw the video of what he did I informed them what he had done and said and they wanted to take him into custody but i later found out that management decline to have him arrested when that should have been my call of action now this looks like this was ok for him or any other customer to come into our work place to harm Kroger employees Kroger does not have its best interest in protecting its employees I guess the customer is always right in this case I get suspended and nothing happens to the customer this is really is not a good situation for Kroger for the way things look I was never asked once was I ok management basically took the customer side and proven that Violence to employees is OK 

[Admin Note:] Removed personally identifying information.



-- Edited by Admin on Sunday 11th of October 2020 05:18:08 AM


 Man dude you really held some restraint if that was me I would have got in his face and told him you got my attention now do something. Thats ****ed up getting suspended too if youre in the union make a complaint against that suspension and that ******* manager.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

As soon as that wine bottle start flying towards you you have the right to defend yourself thats basically assault. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

In Il. it is now a felony to assault retail workers. The language specifies for customer resisitance to mask wearing but that can be easily broadened to whatever the asshat's problem is



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1468
Date:
Permalink   

Leaving the bottle throwing out of it, who touched who 1st? You are allowed to protect yourself, but the customer has to touch you first. If the customer is lunging at you, you have the right to block, but once you initial a push or shove, your seen as the one starting a physical confrontation. Yes, you did the right in leaving the situation, but you should have went somewhere the customer isn't expected to go (Backroom, MGMR Office, Breakroom, etc.) and a place they cant see you. In reality, I believe everyone should be carded, it does not make the retail order the ID police.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

EUID_Unknown wrote:

Leaving the bottle throwing out of it, who touched who 1st? You are allowed to protect yourself, but the customer has to touch you first. If the customer is lunging at you, you have the right to block, but once you initial a push or shove, your seen as the one starting a physical confrontation. Yes, you did the right in leaving the situation, but you should have went somewhere the customer isn't expected to go (Backroom, MGMR Office, Breakroom, etc.) and a place they cant see you. In reality, I believe everyone should be carded, it does not make the retail order the ID police.


         it doesnt matter at this point their is a Potential law suite in place now for attempted assault 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1468
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
EUID_Unknown wrote:

Leaving the bottle throwing out of it, who touched who 1st? You are allowed to protect yourself, but the customer has to touch you first. If the customer is lunging at you, you have the right to block, but once you initial a push or shove, your seen as the one starting a physical confrontation. Yes, you did the right in leaving the situation, but you should have went somewhere the customer isn't expected to go (Backroom, MGMR Office, Breakroom, etc.) and a place they cant see you. In reality, I believe everyone should be carded, it does not make the retail order the ID police.


         it doesnt matter at this point their is a Potential law suite in place now for attempted assault 


 HAHA, If this actually goes to court nothing will happen.  The Judge will ask what happened and would basically ask if anyone was physically harmed (medical issue).  All the Associates needs to say is they tried to eliminate themselves from the situation and the customer follow him after attempting physical harm by bottle (LOL).  As long as the Associate was away from the front door and the Customer "searched" them out, the customer charging and getting into the Associates face would justify a small shove.  As long as the Associate wasn't provoking the situations (I will meet you outside, etc.), the Customer would be at fault in the laws eyes.  I wouldn't loose any sleep over this, if anything the Judge would give community service hours and then share information on how to get the courts case expunged.  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

..



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

..



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Legally as a cahsier you can refuse service of sale for age restricted items if customer refuses to provide legal i.d. If they are drunk, making an outlandish scene, being an @$$ hole... You can refuse service. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

..8



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard