Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: More quitting
Anonymous

Date:
More quitting
Permalink   


People are quitting partly due to bad and rude managers, so they kick it up a notch and act even more mean. Does that make logical sense?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

People are quitting partly due to bad and rude managers, so they kick it up a notch and act even more mean. Does that make logical sense?


 Yup. Managers are lazy, rude, greedy and self loathing. They need a pay cut



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1649
Date:
Permalink   

The companies "way" is to now hold managers "accountable" for every aspect of their stores. Being "accountable" if fine and good on paper, but being 100% in the fast pace of a store isn't possible, specially with a workforce hired with one expectation, now being "told" to live up to another. When being "busy" is 24/7, and managers are riding them, the only option is to quit.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Kroger is a toxic environment. There were many times I wanted to walk in the past couple years but due to being a slave to the health insurance I can't. I almost wish we had universal health care. I would of quit a long fu-cken time ago. This job might be toxic but it's more reliable than other jobs I have had. When society goes belly up it's still actively going. I won't do government jobs any more because they've had too many shut downs. Unless you're prepared every 3-5 years to be off work for 3-6 months it isn't happening. Most of us don't earn enough to live like that.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

People quitting is good.  Using social media to spread the word so people don't apply in the first place is better.  The insane and often illegal crap this company pulls would cause most people to choose to shop elsewhere, if they only knew.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Please people do yourselves a favor and do not work at Kroger. It will ruin your wellbeing



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Rather than requiring a certain level of education they'd rather just hire people off the streets, give them @$$ed training then send them into the fire. Our store has had a lot of people quit too. I hate to say it but this is what the company wants: Make long term people quit and replace them with minimum wage. Minimum waged employees are cheaper to pay than long term individuals earning journeyman wage. The company is winning. This is what they want. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1649
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Rather than requiring a certain level of education they'd rather just hire people off the streets, give them @$$ed training then send them into the fire. Our store has had a lot of people quit too. I hate to say it but this is what the company wants: Make long term people quit and replace them with minimum wage. Minimum waged employees are cheaper to pay than long term individuals earning journeyman wage. The company is winning. This is what they want. 


 In my area no one is making min. wage, starting pay is $11-$12, min wage is around $9 in my state.  Part of the issue is the Hiring Managers not having any connections to the Store/Department.  When Hiring Managers don't actually know what is expected in the department and or are always getting moved from store to store, they really don't care who they hire.  They are only graded on how many people they hire, and then everything else isn't their issue....



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

My manager is horrible too are there any good ones left



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yes.  It's the Peter Principle at every possible level.

But, it's worse than that.  At Kroger, management means responsibility is solely liability without authority nor tools.

And within few dollars of minimum wage, things are so much worse.

That means desperation.

And things are getting desperate.

Rodney can't even afford a half dozen more yachts this year.  And what about the shareholders?!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1649
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Yes.  It's the Peter Principle at every possible level.

But, it's worse than that.  At Kroger, management means responsibility is solely liability without authority nor tools.

And within few dollars of minimum wage, things are so much worse.

That means desperation.

And things are getting desperate.

Rodney can't even afford a half dozen more yachts this year.  And what about the shareholders?!


 I don't think Rodney has any yachts on the Ohio River...LOL 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

After another good employee quit after constantly being harrassed, I actually heard one of the co-managers say they deliberately come down hard on the good employees. No wonder they can't keep anybody. I've learned a couple things to get by. Don't learn anything beyond the scope of your job. Once you learn how to do something, you'll be stuck with it. I've been there over 30 years and I've never tied the bailer. The second thing is related to the first. Let them think you're not smart enough to do anything beyond your normal routine. Just play dumb.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1649
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

After another good employee quit after constantly being harrassed, I actually heard one of the co-managers say they deliberately come down hard on the good employees. No wonder they can't keep anybody. I've learned a couple things to get by. Don't learn anything beyond the scope of your job. Once you learn how to do something, you'll be stuck with it. I've been there over 30 years and I've never tied the bailer. The second thing is related to the first. Let them think you're not smart enough to do anything beyond your normal routine. Just play dumb.


 I don't think it actually state like that, but STR MGMT has been told to hold people accountable, and be more productive.  How do you really make someone more productive if they are a good, bad or average worker? Yes, you can motivate someone to be more productive on a specific day or occasion, but long term the associate either is or isn't.  The biggest problem is there are too many people making sweeping decisions and STR MGMT doesn't have any real input to actually run their stores.  Too many times they are the scapegoats for when a program doesn't live up to the expected profit or expense savings.  In reality, most program designers always promote expense or profits unable to be obtained to get their program launched.   

I can remember 10-15 they started a yearly goals to increase productivity and decrease labor/hours by 5% year after year.  Remember when the indicated "MORE SALES, MORE HOURS" ? They forgot to mention, they were just going to change the labor standards in the ELMS system year after year, even with sales increases.    



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

EUID_Unknown wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

After another good employee quit after constantly being harrassed, I actually heard one of the co-managers say they deliberately come down hard on the good employees. No wonder they can't keep anybody. I've learned a couple things to get by. Don't learn anything beyond the scope of your job. Once you learn how to do something, you'll be stuck with it. I've been there over 30 years and I've never tied the bailer. The second thing is related to the first. Let them think you're not smart enough to do anything beyond your normal routine. Just play dumb.


 I don't think it actually state like that, but STR MGMT has been told to hold people accountable, and be more productive.  How do you really make someone more productive if they are a good, bad or average worker? Yes, you can motivate someone to be more productive on a specific day or occasion, but long term the associate either is or isn't.  The biggest problem is there are too many people making sweeping decisions and STR MGMT doesn't have any real input to actually run their stores.  Too many times they are the scapegoats for when a program doesn't live up to the expected profit or expense savings.  In reality, most program designers always promote expense or profits unable to be obtained to get their program launched.   

I can remember 10-15 they started a yearly goals to increase productivity and decrease labor/hours by 5% year after year.  Remember when the indicated "MORE SALES, MORE HOURS" ? They forgot to mention, they were just going to change the labor standards in the ELMS system year after year, even with sales increases.    


 When I said I heard a co-manager say they come down harder on good employees,  I mean I was standing right there not two feet away when he said it to the department manager.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1649
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
EUID_Unknown wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

After another good employee quit after constantly being harrassed, I actually heard one of the co-managers say they deliberately come down hard on the good employees. No wonder they can't keep anybody. I've learned a couple things to get by. Don't learn anything beyond the scope of your job. Once you learn how to do something, you'll be stuck with it. I've been there over 30 years and I've never tied the bailer. The second thing is related to the first. Let them think you're not smart enough to do anything beyond your normal routine. Just play dumb.


 I don't think it actually state like that, but STR MGMT has been told to hold people accountable, and be more productive.  How do you really make someone more productive if they are a good, bad or average worker? Yes, you can motivate someone to be more productive on a specific day or occasion, but long term the associate either is or isn't.  The biggest problem is there are too many people making sweeping decisions and STR MGMT doesn't have any real input to actually run their stores.  Too many times they are the scapegoats for when a program doesn't live up to the expected profit or expense savings.  In reality, most program designers always promote expense or profits unable to be obtained to get their program launched.   

I can remember 10-15 they started a yearly goals to increase productivity and decrease labor/hours by 5% year after year.  Remember when the indicated "MORE SALES, MORE HOURS" ? They forgot to mention, they were just going to change the labor standards in the ELMS system year after year, even with sales increases.    


 When I said I heard a co-manager say they come down harder on good employees,  I mean I was standing right there not two feet away when he said it to the department manager.


 Again, I'm thinking the "come down harder" is again just to make good, bad or any worker "more productive".  Hell, a Co-Manager isn't really that much higher in the company then any clerk is.  They are only at the store to make sure clerks do their job and the store is profitable.  I'm sure any message the Co-Manager was relaying had a "Telephone" effect, which def. changed the message.  Remember for 2-3 year they said "staffing" isn't an excuse....funny how "COVID" opened eyes to the staffing issue.  In reality, unless the company decides they want to be different then all the other grocery retailers, nothing is going to get better or change.  Your comment "let them think you're not smart enough to do anything" should basically sum up your personality and possible work ethic.  Its hard not to actually learn anything over 30 years...unless you really try not to learn anything.....



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard