Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Today's unions? Yes or no? Stay or Go?
Anonymous

Date:
Today's unions? Yes or no? Stay or Go?
Permalink   


I'm interested in your thoughts, pro and con, on the UFCW.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

No. The union is a joke.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

No. The union is a joke.


 agree, they dont do **** except take your money



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1806
Date:
Permalink   

The Union is a joke, but there still needs to be some type of "Pro" worker group looking out for all the workers wellbeing. In reality, the Union is only a joke because upper Union Management is only looking out for their big paychecks. I don't understand a organization established to protect and look out for its workers president making $500K a year. I'm all for just compensation, but really........

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I'm with the United Steel Workers for coming up on 4 yrs, my 1st union job. They've got their points here and there but overall I'm not impressed. At all. I really don't understand how it's even legal that you're automatically enrolled---and BILLED---upon being hired, with no say so in it. 

My main prob tho is, it doesn't seem to matter what the issue I need help with (and it's only been 2 or 3, I don't run and cry over everything), my reps always tell me 'sorry, nothing we can do about it'. WTF! Then why the fk I'm paying you bums?????

It sucks cuz unions are needed now more than ever, but I think they were long ago bought and paid for by the companies we pay them to protect us against.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I've worked enough jobs to know a union is beneficial. It's nice not to wake up one day without employment. I'm tired of loosing jobs because employers found some lame @$$ bull sh-it reason to fire you only to find out they just didn't want you there any more. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

As a non-union worker that's affected by union contract negotiations elsewhere in the state, there are times I'm thankful they're there, but am also often too glad that I'm not part of it. That said, I think they should stay, but there should always be the option to opt out. It would definitely be interesting to see how many people opt out, and if the union died off on its own.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

As a non-union worker that's affected by union contract negotiations elsewhere in the state, there are times I'm thankful they're there, but am also often too glad that I'm not part of it. That said, I think they should stay, but there should always be the option to opt out. It would definitely be interesting to see how many people opt out, and if the union died off on its own.


 Best reponse, totally agree 100%



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Many would and should opt out because of the political contributions to only one corrupt socialistic party!



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1806
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

As a non-union worker that's affected by union contract negotiations elsewhere in the state, there are times I'm thankful they're there, but am also often too glad that I'm not part of it. That said, I think they should stay, but there should always be the option to opt out. It would definitely be interesting to see how many people opt out, and if the union died off on its own.


 Its looks like you have the best of both worlds, you might get some or all the benefits the union worked to get, but don't have to pay the dues.  In reality, I'm surprised there hasn't been a complete overhaul of the union structure.  Hasn't history basically shown unions leadership at times become corrupt and don't always have the members interest at heart.  If your question how a CEO can make 30X their associates salary, why do some union presidents make 10X? The CEO at least has a complete business to run, what does a union president do between contacts? If your think shaking hands and kissing babies......you might be right.   



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The union does not care about you whatsoever.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Look up their salaries. Its public information. You will be sick.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

It is in the union contract to join after a certain number of days or be terminated. I've seen some people refuse to join then the union fired them a month after the 90 day probationary period ended. Very few stores have opted out of the union and you'd be fools to opt out of a union in an industry where they'd love to walk all over you.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

All the union does is steal your money. They don't care about you, just their six figure paychecks.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Union, yes. Having actual elections of union officers, yes. Asking the union to be cops, no. Asking the f-ing cops to be cops, yes. Activist union, double-yes.  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Union, yes. Having actual elections of union officers, yes. Asking the union to be cops, no. Asking the f-ing cops to be cops, yes. Activist union, double-yes.  


 Define 'asking the union to be cops'. Does that mean they should intervene on a manager being a dick and trying to f uck you? 

Then YES, they should. Otherwise why'm I paying them??



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The unions in general are rife with corruption. Check out the union officials salaries. As members, are you pleased with the performance of Biden and his cronies, who your dues helped to elect? The inflation alone that they have accelerated has eroded your buying power and savings. Unions should never give their member's dues to politicians, and especially not to a party promoting a socialistic agenda that is causing catastrophic damage to our country! Think about the future that you are providing for your children and grandchildren, and opt out of the union or find another job.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The unions in general are rife with corruption. Check out the union officials salaries. As members, are you pleased with the performance of Biden and his cronies, who your dues helped to elect? The inflation alone that they have accelerated has eroded your buying power and savings. Unions should never give their member's dues to politicians, and especially not to a party promoting a socialistic agenda that is causing catastrophic damage to our country! Think about the future that you are providing for your children and grandchildren, and opt out of the union or find another job.


 I don't personally see or agree with the connection between our dirty unions and the current president; unions have been, as you said, rife with corruption for some time----and under both colored flags.

Otherwise I 100% agree with everything you said there. The thing with the socialist agenda is absolutely a real thing that we had better take seriously and derail before we end up literally as slaves to the One Percenters who, make no mistake, own and run everything.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The connection is that the vast majority of union political contributions for many years have been made to the Democratic party, not the Republicans, Greens, Libertarians, etc. Union dues money was overwhelmingly used to fund the Biden campaign rather than Trump. While Trump was far from perfect, Biden and Harris are obviously completely incompetent and unfit to lead our country at an incredibly difficult time in our history. If unions have any reason to exist at this time, it should be to provide better pensions with cost of living allowances that help to stay ahead of inflation, decent medical insurance, etc. The political contributions largely to only one party and the outrageous salaries for the union officials need to go if unions are to survive.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

100% correct!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The connection is that the vast majority of union political contributions for many years have been made to the Democratic party, not the Republicans, Greens, Libertarians, etc. Union dues money was overwhelmingly used to fund the Biden campaign rather than Trump. While Trump was far from perfect, Biden and Harris are obviously completely incompetent and unfit to lead our country at an incredibly difficult time in our history. If unions have any reason to exist at this time, it should be to provide better pensions with cost of living allowances that help to stay ahead of inflation, decent medical insurance, etc. The political contributions largely to only one party and the outrageous salaries for the union officials need to go if unions are to survive.


 Good points, but everything you detail has always gone and always will go on. Regardless of union involvement.

The W campaign used the Religious Right as its $$ backbone. Everything about political parties is completely corrupt, and the only ones being served are their masters, aka the One Percenters. Their polical affiliation? Tyranny.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard