Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: New Kroger Internet Policy


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:
New Kroger Internet Policy
Permalink   


Has anyone else received this letter from the company stating that we basically can not speak freely online of our activities at work? I find it both humorous and disheartening that my employer is so insecure of their own image that they must threaten their own employees with punishment for speaking about their employers on the internet.

"Likewise, online sources can influence the public's impressions of the Company. When associates identify themselves as members of the Company and engage in inappropriate online communications, they can have a negative effect on the Company. Therefore, the Company has a policy on online communications."

Conforming to their requirement:
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Never got a letter. When was the letter dated and who signed it ? There was a case in New England area where the courts got restitution for an employee wrongfully fired for speaking about their employer on facebook.  Recently.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
Permalink   

Kroger only follows the policies that suit them. For instance, the Kroger I work for does not and will not follow the policy for work place harassment/abuse however, I can most certainly see them TRYING to enforce this policy. That being said, I've never seen this new policy and they would HAVE to have you sign it before they could even enforce it. I never sign ANYTHING they give me. My policies are spelled out clearly in my union contract thankyouverymuch! :)

__________________
Quote from the Boss: I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

Sshado wrote:

"Likewise, online sources can influence the public's impressions of the Company. When associates identify themselves as members of the Company and engage in inappropriate online communications, they can have a negative effect on the Company. Therefore, the Company has a policy on online communications."



What is the policy on online communications?  What is concidered 'inappropriate'?  Is it inappropriate that I might concider this policy to be inappropriate?

Anyway - how can they identify who is behind these post?  Are they going to trace IP addresses?  And even if they do - how can they prove who is that tru author.  I have a car under my name but other people might drive it and while driving it might rob a bank. 

 



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2863
Date:
Permalink   

They tried to push this online harassment crap at my store about a month ago. I was like "What's the old policy? Can I see it? Am I under it now? Why should you even care what I do online? Don't encroach on my freedom of speech." i put RTS on it and walked away. the only thing i've ever signed was some "don't cut yourself" policy and I shouldn't have done that but I was young back then(maybe a week green). I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 540
Date:
Permalink   

I've noticed that in my store management has been nit-picking and micro-managing us to death.  but since our union contract is up this fall this comes as no suprise.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

i went through my Kroger e-mail acct to try and find a letter sent on this and didnt find one. can the original poster please give more detail on this - was it sent to all e-mail accounts and when or was it mailed or what? When was this done.... thanks

__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  

Em


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 158
Date:
Permalink   

Not sure how legit this is but

http://www.slideshare.net/kroger465/online-communicationpolicy

-- Edited by Em on Sunday 13th of March 2011 08:53:40 PM

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:

i went through my Kroger e-mail acct to try and find a letter sent on this and didnt find one. can the original poster please give more detail on this - was it sent to all e-mail accounts and when or was it mailed or what? When was this done.... thanks



You have a Kroger e-mail account?  I'd never give any type of e-mail address to Kroger.  Anytime they ask for an e-mail address on a form I always leave it blank.

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

hey Em thats pretty interesting.  I suppose it is in reference to things like facebook and the such.

yes i have a kroger e-mail acct.  all managers get one - be it salaried or hourly

__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Sshado wrote:

Has anyone else received this letter from the company stating that we basically can not speak freely online of our activities at work? I find it both humorous and disheartening that my employer is so insecure of their own image that they must threaten their own employees with punishment for speaking about their employers on the internet.

"Likewise, online sources can influence the public's impressions of the Company. When associates identify themselves as members of the Company and engage in inappropriate online communications, they can have a negative effect on the Company. Therefore, the Company has a policy on online communications."

Conforming to their requirement:
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."



Two thoughts: First, if any one---customer or otherwise---chooses to seek out an anti-company web site, that alone suggests the view they already have of that company.

And second: As for FaceBook traffic, that is easily contained. If you're going to say negative things about your company on there, keep your privacy settings maxed out, and let only your absolutely closest friends have access to your postings.

 



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:
Permalink   

Looks like I have a new signature.

IMO its not so much people slandering Kroger the company as much as it could be other employees.  A store in the area I work in posted a message on facebook calling the deli manager a "bitch".  It ultimately was turned into management, who suspended the associate indefinitely.  The union filed a grievance on their behalf and won, because it was done on personal time.  The associate was reinstated and transferred to another store.

I posted once on Facebook that it was "definitely welfare weekend at Krogerland" during the first of the month and had numerous employees who saw it coming to me asking me to delete it.

__________________
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."
Kroger Nazi

Date:
Permalink   

I will speak freely no matter what kroger says.
1. **** Kroger
2. We grind trim that can be bad meat or just really nasty and sell it to customers. YUM.
3. I tell alot of customers that lol.
4. We sell outdated meat STILL.
5. Sometimes we don't follow the 5 second rule if we don't it goes to the 10 second rule.
6. **** Kroger but most of all **** everyone that SHOPS AT KROGER!!! I hope you all burn in hell you ****tards.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

Kroger Nazi wrote:

I will speak freely no matter what kroger says.
1. **** Kroger
2. We grind trim that can be bad meat or just really nasty and sell it to customers. YUM.
3. I tell alot of customers that lol.
4. We sell outdated meat STILL.
5. Sometimes we don't follow the 5 second rule if we don't it goes to the 10 second rule.
6. **** Kroger but most of all **** everyone that SHOPS AT KROGER!!! I hope you all burn in hell you ****tards.


It is a shame that YOU do not stand up and take some pride in your work.  If YOU see these severe violations going on, YOU, being on the front line to these injustices, should not be a F*ck4ng LEMMING.

Let me be the first to say to you --  **** you for being a weak ass employee to a company that provides you a paycheck; puts food on you damn table & a roof over your sorry ass head; gives you the luxury of a car / this damn internet / cell phone / the wii your retard kids plays on.

Here is my suggestion to you (AND ALL YOU OTHERS READING THIS POST) --  today make a change in yourself to step up to the damn plate and play the game the way you're supposed to.  Fricken copping out and taking these lame ass excuses or doing things against the grain is the attitude of sorry ass loosers.  I was raised to play and fight to the end with honor and valour.  It is so sad to see pathetic people like the above work under the same company banner as i do.

Yes i am pisses.... Off to add another shot to my coffee


 



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:
It is a shame that YOU do not stand up and take some pride in your work.  If YOU see these severe violations going on, YOU, being on the front line to these injustices, should not be a F*ck4ng LEMMING.

Let me be the first to say to you --  **** you for being a weak ass employee to a company that provides you a paycheck; puts food on you damn table & a roof over your sorry ass head; gives you the luxury of a car / this damn internet / cell phone / the wii your retard kids plays on.

Here is my suggestion to you (AND ALL YOU OTHERS READING THIS POST) --  today make a change in yourself to step up to the damn plate and play the game the way you're supposed to.  Fricken copping out and taking these lame ass excuses or doing things against the grain is the attitude of sorry ass loosers.  I was raised to play and fight to the end with honor and valour.  It is so sad to see pathetic people like the above work under the same company banner as i do.

Yes i am pisses.... Off to add another shot to my coffee

 

Well said.

I don't agree or support every little thing Kroger does, but at the end of the day I still collect a paycheck from them.  If they ask me to sit in the middle of the floor and stack bb's all day, I will sit in the middle of the floor and stack bb's.  Unfortunately, there are some trolls from the Nintendo Generation (like Kroger Nazi) who you wonder why they are still employed.

That being said, we are union, we work under a contract, and we pay money to the union so that in turn they will provide us protection should we be treated unfairly by management.  Kroger has been forcing a lot of things through that are questionable (Key Retailing) and has written people up for it.  This is where if you are in this situation, you pay union dues, make them work for you

My advice, play the game, but know the rules.



__________________
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Date:
Permalink   

Kroger doesn't pay me. My customer's do. There are signs all over my store saying so. :)

__________________
Quote from the Boss: I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you.
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

When you think about it, we all pay each other's salaries.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Well, if the customer pays my salary and since I am a customer I think I should give myself raise.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

the government is paying your salaries, through welfare and EBT cards and WIC, which people use to shop at kroger. or, since you pay taxes, you could say you're paying your own salary through the EBT shoppers

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

the government is paying your salaries, through welfare and EBT cards and WIC, which people use to shop at kroger. or, since you pay taxes, you could say you're paying your own salary through the EBT shoppers




Man, isn't THAT the truth! Where I live and work, at least 30% or more of our customers are on some form of public aid that I help pay for~



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Kroger sells more food to Uncle SAM IN THE FORM of damage and throw out than the real cash paying customer. Food stamps,ebt or WIC. I've seen it myself that throw more down the garbage chute than anyone else in retail grocery then just write it off. Thats just fact.

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Kroger sells more food to Uncle SAM IN THE FORM of damage and throw out than the real cash paying customer. Food stamps,ebt or WIC. I've seen it myself that throw more down the garbage chute than anyone else in retail grocery then just write it off. Thats just fact.




Oh, I believe every word you say: I'm a produce employee where I'm at, and the amount of relatively good food we throw away daily is staggering. You could feed a small village for a week from one day's organic disposals~



__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

just like your inperfection with food consumption - so it happens at kroger.  If I could get my 10 year old son to eat his vegetables at dinner instead of tossing them into the trash or feeding them to the dog I would be happy.  If kroger could sell every bit of produce they would be happy.

Its the way of the world.  people want pretty red apples and strawberries w/o fuzz on them. 

Now as far as the government buying alot of Kroger product....  I'm all for elimination Welfare and the food stamp program. i seriously doubt that obama dude is going to do that.  maybe it 2 years things will change once he gets the boot from the white house. most of these worthless people on the goverment dole could push some carts at Kroger OR MANAGE the store(hahaa)biggrin


__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard