Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Updated forums


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:
Updated forums
Permalink   


I was wondering.. Since this forum seems to have lost it's admin.. And even the hosts seem to have abandoned their original web hosting business.. WOuld there be any interest in migrating to new forums?

I have experience running phpbb based forums, and I would be willing to set some up for us to use if there are at least one or two people willing to help out as admins.

This would allow some actual moderation so we don't wind up with threads full of spam and pictures of hitler. :)

 

What say the people?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

No. Not interested. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2858
Date:
Permalink   

the reason we are so popular is because of the domain associated with the forums and when you type "kroger forum" into major search engines you get this board.

we only get the occasional troll and are not censored by obsessive moderation. So until this forum fills up with super hate or mad's impersonators I think we are alright for the time being.

__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

several days ago, i created a "new" kroger forum on this site.  like bagboy said, this particular one is linked somehow to a major search engine that pops it up top of the list.  both bagboy and i have discussed privately trying to contact the old admins but i personally have been unsuccessful.  right now i think any trolls we might of had in the not too distant past has sort of felt the wrath of the general population and i believe they are currently posting under an 'anonymous'  user name.  i wouldn't mind being an admin but then rright now this particular forum seems to work fine for the past 6 months,,,,,



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:
Permalink   

The new forum would allow you to admin though, right? Weed out harassment posts and spam? That's all I want. Since the owner of these forums has abandoned it, it would be nice to have one that actually gets monitored. I like that the forums are uncensored and that people can post anonymously.. I just want a way to cut back on the hate when people abuse the freedom here. It's the only thing I dislike here.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

That is exactly why I like it here. Speak your mind and not have to worry about being monitored. Plus it will split us up even further. Some will stay and some will leave. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

well...

at the very bottom of this very page (at least it is on mine) you will see it say "create your own free forum".  have at it and let use know how it turns out.



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I like this board just the way it is.  I've found boards with monitors or administrators to be cliquish sometimes.  If someone from the "in crowd" decides they don't like your post they just contact the administrator and *POOF* your post is gone.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Date:
Permalink   

Yeah that's the way i found this page. Bored one day and "googled" kroger employee forum. Glad I found it. I think other people will eventually come accross it as well. It seems to work pretty good for me. But yes the trolls do get annoying sometimes with anon posts

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1289
Date:
Permalink   

just on the aside -  this site is actually sorta cool.  if you look up to (right now - don't wait - look..  there you go)  you will see "LIST ALL USERS"  Click on that and explore.

The Arcade is something I just discovered.  Great oldtime games!  I might be spending some time there....

Click on things. Don't be afraid.  Explore.  The thing with people is that they do not get out and adventure.  if you never googled Kroger Employee Forum one day then you never would be here now.  Check out what is behind the scenes here.  You might learn something



__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:
Permalink   

no.
someone always wants control. i know your hidden agena. this is a fine forum without a authority figure. i get enough of that bs at work.

__________________

tapatio doritos are the best.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:
Permalink   

FedUp wrote:

I was wondering.. Since this forum seems to have lost it's admin.. And even the hosts seem to have abandoned their original web hosting business.. WOuld there be any interest in migrating to new forums?

I have experience running phpbb based forums, and I would be willing to set some up for us to use if there are at least one or two people willing to help out as admins.

This would allow some actual moderation so we don't wind up with threads full of spam and pictures of hitler. :)

 

What say the people?


 I actually think this is a good idea on paper, just kinda wonder how to go about implementing it and getting the word out without some kind of backlash from Big Brother.

If we started a new forum, this is what I would like to see:

A place for practical discussion of what is going on within the company.  Sort of a Barney Underground if you will.  We can discuss things that are going on at store level and possibly keep up with what is going on at other Kroger stores throughout the US.

Loose moderation but heavily restricted posting or viewing from anonymous posters.  I respect that people on here post anonymously for fear that Kroger might discover them and retaliate, but if we could create a forum and max out the privacy settings, it would eliminate that need.

A resource for employees and unions alike.  I come here for discussion of Kroger related issues and to see what is going on within the company, as well as to answer any questions to the best of my ability.  I would like to see a Q&A type subforum where certain popular questions can be answered and it becomes easy viewing.

The way I look at it, we all work at Krogerland for a paycheck.  This wouldn't be a forum for biting the hand that feeds.  Anybody who joined looking to do that wouldn't last.



__________________
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1454
Date:
Permalink   

Any forum that paints the company only in flattering colors, and involves no criticism, might as well be sponsored BY Kroger. A great motivation I've seen people enjoy here is being able to blow off some steam in a safe, non-judgemental environment~

__________________

Mother Earth needs to douche.

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I like how when you type "kroger sucks" in google, this website is one of the first results

 

I'm guessing that's how 80% of the people reading this post found this website :laughing"



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:

just on the aside -  this site is actually sorta cool.  if you look up to (right now - don't wait - look..  there you go)  you will see "LIST ALL USERS"  Click on that and explore.

The Arcade is something I just discovered.  Great oldtime games!  I might be spending some time there....

Click on things. Don't be afraid.  Explore.  The thing with people is that they do not get out and adventure.  if you never googled Kroger Employee Forum one day then you never would be here now.  Check out what is behind the scenes here.  You might learn something


 Actually, I googled Kroger Employee Benefits and found this forum. Odd, huh?



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 129
Date:
Permalink   

nocturnia wrote:

Any forum that paints the company only in flattering colors, and involves no criticism, might as well be sponsored BY Kroger. A great motivation I've seen people enjoy here is being able to blow off some steam in a safe, non-judgemental environment~


 A couple of things:

1. I'm not here to paint Kroger in a flattering way.  I don't agree with some of the decisions made and I've voiced that time and again on here, whether it be Key Refailing or Quevision.  I do however collect a paycheck from there and have respect for the position that I work, that's why I don't come on here saying how bad I hate my job and that I would never recommend people buy products from Kroger, etc.

2. I don't see this forum as being a safe forum.  That's why I and others on here (Dude I know for sure) take precaution because you never know who from corporate could be watching this site.  Kroger has went to great lengths because they don't want to hear the criticism from their employees.

My point is I would like the same forum we have here right now, just with the privacy settings completely maxed out.  I'd also like a separate forum for addressing issues going on within the company such as:

Q:Can you be written up for not maintaining a high enough ELMS score?

A: No, this is considered piecerate and you are paid by the hour, not by a certain score.  If you are given a SIR, request a shop steward and file a grievance on it immediately.



__________________
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of The Kroger Co. family of stores."


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2858
Date:
Permalink   

Drew P Weiner wrote:
nocturnia wrote:

Any forum that paints the company only in flattering colors, and involves no criticism, might as well be sponsored BY Kroger. A great motivation I've seen people enjoy here is being able to blow off some steam in a safe, non-judgemental environment~


 A couple of things:

1. I'm not here to paint Kroger in a flattering way.  I don't agree with some of the decisions made and I've voiced that time and again on here, whether it be Key Refailing or Quevision.  I do however collect a paycheck from there and have respect for the position that I work, that's why I don't come on here saying how bad I hate my job and that I would never recommend people buy products from Kroger, etc.

2. I don't see this forum as being a safe forum.  That's why I and others on here (Dude I know for sure) take precaution because you never know who from corporate could be watching this site.  Kroger has went to great lengths because they don't want to hear the criticism from their employees.

My point is I would like the same forum we have here right now, just with the privacy settings completely maxed out.  I'd also like a separate forum for addressing issues going on within the company such as:

Q:Can you be written up for not maintaining a high enough ELMS score?

A: No, this is considered piecerate and you are paid by the hour, not by a certain score.  If you are given a SIR, request a shop steward and file a grievance on it immediately.


I don't think we need a seperate sub-forum for that kind of thing. a sticky post would work just as well for those type of things. a Simple FAQ would be nice, i agree.



__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Date:
Permalink   

Unfortunately Bag Boy, we cannot have a Sticky because the Mod for this forum is long gone.. To have the sticky, you would need to create a new forum ;)

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I guess we'll have to sacrifice not having stickies. Oh well. I definitely think you got a hidden agenda for power. I don't want to be a part of that.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard