Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 55 cases per hour
Anonymous

Date:
55 cases per hour
Permalink   


Can you be required to stock 55 cases per hour? Does this include stocking, sorting freight, break down of trash, etc. I'm just asking because my new dept head thinks I'm not running 55 cases per hour, but I'm doing between 60-65 cases per hour at least and sometimes more on bulk(pets, paper goods. Etc.) Just asking in cases they try starting s***. Note: I've been timed 4 times once by old dept head, once, by manager, and twice by myself. Each was 61 or more depending on aisle 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Can you be required to stock 55 cases per hour? Does this include stocking, sorting freight, break down of trash, etc. I'm just asking because my new dept head thinks I'm not running 55 cases per hour, but I'm doing between 60-65 cases per hour at least and sometimes more on bulk(pets, paper goods. Etc.) Just asking in cases they try starting s***. Note: I've been timed 4 times once by old dept head, once, by manager, and twice by myself. Each was 61 or more depending on aisle 


 Only requires the load you get to put away and nothing else.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 152
Date:
Permalink   

Do the math yourself and prove them wrong. Count your cases and know your start and end times everytime you work. Keep a running tally of your daily cph and let em eat their words.
In dayton/cinci, they cannot write you up for your cph number. However, they have the wonderful ability to twist it and write you up for effecting productivity or not following the proper processes. Just watch yourself, work hard, and hold your ground. Theres always cameras they can watch if they doubt you.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

1st thing your cases per hour is just stocking time.  Any time taken to do anything else is not included.  2nd you can not be written up for productivity any more. If you are slow they will find another reason to get rid of you.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Wow. Normally I keep a very organized trash boat; breaking down boxes, putting them into two neat piles depending on size (long and short, makes it easy to throw huge armfuls into the baler at once), and separating plastic into a box I set aside. I'm at around 90 cases per hour that way. Doing it dirty, just stocking and throwing my trash on the floor, I've hit about 150 in the condiment/pickles/salad dressing aisle. At my last store, I felt like I was about mid-pack compared to everyone else on the crew. This was before the kindergarten star-chart bulls**t. And we still got b****ed at for not working quickly enough. Why they find ways to get rid of people, when every crew I've even taken random shifts with is always short-handed, is beyond me. Some help is better than no help!

 

-Dave



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

No. Kroger is union. They cannot do a case count. You can only do what you can do in your time scheduled. Contact your union rep if they are doing so



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

No. Kroger is union. They cannot do a case count. You can only do what you can do in your time scheduled. Contact your union rep if they are doing so


Depends on where you're at. I'm with King Soopers in northern Colorado and we're not union. You don't hit union stores here until you're down near Denver.

 

- Dave



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

They can and do case count at union stores.   You can't get in trouble for being too slow,  but you can for doing anything stupid that makes you too slow.  Also, 55 cases an hour *does* include "trash and travel" time.  At stores where spotting happens first,  it's 85 cases an hour and your time doesn't stop until your trash is gone.   



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 152
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Wow. Normally I keep a very organized trash boat; breaking down boxes, putting them into two neat piles depending on size (long and short, makes it easy to throw huge armfuls into the baler at once), and separating plastic into a box I set aside. I'm at around 90 cases per hour that way. Doing it dirty, just stocking and throwing my trash on the floor, I've hit about 150 in the condiment/pickles/salad dressing aisle. At my last store, I felt like I was about mid-pack compared to everyone else on the crew. This was before the kindergarten star-chart bulls**t. And we still got b****ed at for not working quickly enough. Why they find ways to get rid of people, when every crew I've even taken random shifts with is always short-handed, is beyond me. Some help is better than no help!

 

-Dave


I toped at 154 and I still got bitched out too. Livin the Kroger dream.



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 152
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

They can and do case count at union stores.   You can't get in trouble for being too slow,  but you can for doing anything stupid that makes you too slow.  Also, 55 cases an hour *does* include "trash and travel" time.  At stores where spotting happens first,  it's 85 cases an hour and your time doesn't stop until your trash is gone.   


 Not all divisions have that standard yet, but yes. but if hes being told 55, then it is 55.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

we have a sign that says 55 cases per hour "minimum speed" or some nonsense.  What a load of garbage.  If I'm stocking an aisle and don't get bothered by countless things, I'll sling far more than that.  But since they want 55, they're getting 55.  Careful what you wish for!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Funny but in our district if you report to them over 70 cases an hour it gets red flagged by corp and they say thats to fast and also no one leaves before load is stocked  I have never heard of  a business incentivising employees to work slower until now hell will pay you as much overtime as you want and say bull**** if you report a production rate they deem to fast I used to bust but near not anymore.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 706
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Funny but in our district if you report to them over 70 cases an hour it gets red flagged by corp and they say thats to fast and also no one leaves before load is stocked  I have never heard of  a business incentivising employees to work slower until now hell will pay you as much overtime as you want and say bull**** if you report a production rate they deem to fast I used to bust but near not anymore.


 I doubt that Corp is actually meaning  "hey, you are working too fast, you need to slow down".   

I am guessing by "Red flagging" they are saying:  "Something is weird here..........it is almost impossible for someone to work that fast (over 70 cases an hour), so therefore there is some kind of cheating or "funny business" going on!"  



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 152
Date:
Permalink   

Kroger-Employee wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Funny but in our district if you report to them over 70 cases an hour it gets red flagged by corp and they say thats to fast and also no one leaves before load is stocked  I have never heard of  a business incentivising employees to work slower until now hell will pay you as much overtime as you want and say bull**** if you report a production rate they deem to fast I used to bust but near not anymore.


 I doubt that Corp is actually meaning  "hey, you are working too fast, you need to slow down".   

I am guessing by "Red flagging" they are saying:  "Something is weird here..........it is almost impossible for someone to work that fast (over 70 cases an hour), so therefore there is some kind of cheating or "funny business" going on!"  


 Yeah, Ive been told this kind of thing before, which is legit nonsense. I know quite a few people who can stock 100 Plus.



-- Edited by GreyKnitHat on Tuesday 20th of November 2018 04:59:39 PM

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I dont know anyone in my 8 years of stocking that hit 100 cases unless its something stupid like paper or something.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard