Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: health insurance


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
health insurance
Permalink   


i starting to think there trying to screw all the part time employees out of our health insurance. sixteen hrs is minimum unless they decide to give you less because you have a second job because they were being jerks about hrs also for months they gave me 32 hrs a week even with other job. but now i get dropped down to 8 hrs a week.  but health insurance you need 18 hrs to keep it. they trying to screw me out of my health insurance which is legitimately the only reason i still there after 11 yrs. sorry i just needed to vent.



-- Edited by firedreams on Tuesday 29th of January 2019 03:23:05 PM

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

firedreams wrote:

i starting to think there trying to screw all the part time employees out of our health insurance. sixteen hrs is minimum unless they decide to give you less because you have a second job because they were being jerks about hrs also for months they gave me 32 hrs a week even with other job. but now i get dropped down to 8 hrs a week.  but health insurance you need 18 hrs to keep it. they trying to screw me out of my health insurance which is legitimately the only reason i still there after 11 yrs. sorry i just needed to vent.



-- Edited by firedreams on Tuesday 29th of January 2019 03:23:05 PM


 R u in the union?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:
Permalink   

I lost my insurance because I didn't meet the minimum amount of hours. In 2017, I got a second job so I had to cut my hours down. I was able to keep my insurance in 2018, but lost it for this year. Where I'm from, we need to work a minimum of 30 hours a week to keep insurance. I only got 28 hours a week. I was short TWO hours and there was nothing anybody could do. I talked to my union steward and union rep. Neither of them could do anything. I stayed for the last 4 years because of the insurance. Now, I'm having to pay out of pocket for my health insurance. Because Kroger took my insurance from me, I cut down to two days a week. My pay is **** and I have no insurance. Why bother giving them my time?



-- Edited by DanielleNicole94 on Tuesday 29th of January 2019 08:42:41 PM

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The union is in bed with Kroger. That's why the requirements to maintain health insurance keep going up (as does the cost that comes out of your weekly paycheck) and the coverage continues to diminish. Whether it's health insurance, wages, whatever, the union isn't looking out for you and good luck getting any support as a paying member. That's why I've never paid the union a cent and refuse to join no matter how often they ask me to.

 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
Permalink   

yes i am in the union but because of my other job my avilablity isn't open. normally im the closer for the store 4 days a week.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Insurance isn't a right, it's a privilege.  You should be thankful that Kroger offers any type of insurance.  The hour minimum being raised was done for the very reason that everyone is talking about.  "I'm only here because of the insurance.  The cost on the union and Kroger for each employee that has insurance is huge.  Having to pay for employees that only work 12-20 hours a week is not beneficial to Kroger.  People need to remember, these companies are in business to make money for their share holders.  They are not here to give you everything you want.  All that being said in the Atlanta Division, there are plans for all levels of hours worked.  You can still get dental/vision if you average 12 hours plus.  Under  32 hours you can still qualify for Kaiser HMO insurance.  The only plan that you have to average over 35 hours is the one I have, which is Anthem Blue Cross PPO.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Insurance isn't a right, it's a privilege.  You should be thankful that Kroger offers any type of insurance.  The hour minimum being raised was done for the very reason that everyone is talking about.  "I'm only here because of the insurance.  The cost on the union and Kroger for each employee that has insurance is huge.  Having to pay for employees that only work 12-20 hours a week is not beneficial to Kroger.  People need to remember, these companies are in business to make money for their share holders.  They are not here to give you everything you want.  All that being said in the Atlanta Division, there are plans for all levels of hours worked.  You can still get dental/vision if you average 12 hours plus.  Under  32 hours you can still qualify for Kaiser HMO insurance.  The only plan that you have to average over 35 hours is the one I have, which is Anthem Blue Cross PPO.


It's easy to say something is a privilege and not a right when you already have that something. The "too bad for you" attitude is the reason there is so much suffering and so many problems in this country. Companies like Kroger that are cutting back (or worse, not offering) health insurance is the reason the majority of the country now supports universal healthcare and hopefully in the coming years, that will become law and companies like Kroger and entities like the union will no longer be able to screw the people making THEM the money. If a company would take care and VALUE its workforce, then the turnover rate would drop and productivity would go up, thus benefiting the company, the shareholders, the union, and yes, the WORKERS - because without the workers, you do NOT have a company and you do NOT have shareholders.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

 


It's easy to say something is a privilege and not a right when you already have that something. The "too bad for you" attitude is the reason there is so much suffering and so many problems in this country. Companies like Kroger that are cutting back (or worse, not offering) health insurance is the reason the majority of the country now supports universal healthcare and hopefully in the coming years, that will become law and companies like Kroger and entities like the union will no longer be able to screw the people making THEM the money. If a company would take care and VALUE its workforce, then the turnover rate would drop and productivity would go up, thus benefiting the company, the shareholders, the union, and yes, the WORKERS - because without the workers, you do NOT have a company and you do NOT have shareholders.


 

It's easy for you to sit back and say Kroger should provide health insurance for All employees, but we all know that the cost of it will be more than just money.  We are struggling now to get all the work done with hours contently being cut. The only was to pay for such a large expense like insurance to continue to cut hours and not hire as many people.  And you say, "IF a company should take care of its workforce," is really whats wrong with this country.  No one should be asking for anyone else to take care of them.  Take care of yourself and do whatever it takes to make something with your life and stop asking for a hand out. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

 


It's easy to say something is a privilege and not a right when you already have that something. The "too bad for you" attitude is the reason there is so much suffering and so many problems in this country. Companies like Kroger that are cutting back (or worse, not offering) health insurance is the reason the majority of the country now supports universal healthcare and hopefully in the coming years, that will become law and companies like Kroger and entities like the union will no longer be able to screw the people making THEM the money. If a company would take care and VALUE its workforce, then the turnover rate would drop and productivity would go up, thus benefiting the company, the shareholders, the union, and yes, the WORKERS - because without the workers, you do NOT have a company and you do NOT have shareholders.


 

It's easy for you to sit back and say Kroger should provide health insurance for All employees, but we all know that the cost of it will be more than just money.  We are struggling now to get all the work done with hours contently being cut. The only was to pay for such a large expense like insurance to continue to cut hours and not hire as many people.  And you say, "IF a company should take care of its workforce," is really whats wrong with this country.  No one should be asking for anyone else to take care of them.  Take care of yourself and do whatever it takes to make something with your life and stop asking for a hand out. 


Are you kidding? The only way to pay for health insurance for all employees is to CUT hours and NOT hire as many people? How about the ones at the TOP of the company stop ROBBING the company blind and INVEST some of that money in its stores and employees? Take a look at this:

"McMullens total compensation dipped 2 percent in 2017 and fell barely under the $10 million mark at $9.94 million, according to Cincinnati-based Krogers (NYSE: KR) newly released proxy statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. He received nearly $10.2 million in 2016.

Despite the reduction, McMullens pay is vastly higher than the companys average worker, a ratio that public companies are required to report for the first time this year. McMullen made 547 times the median pay of $21,075 for a Kroger employee, according to Krogers filing."

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/05/02/how-kroger-ceo-s-pay-compares-to-average-company.html

That's just McMullen. What about all the other high-paid corporate officers in the company? I'm not saying he or anyone else in corporate should work for minimum wage, BUT there comes a point when a company begins to SUFFER because of excessive greed, and if you look in most Kroger stores, you will see they are UNDERSTAFFED. Equipment is in serious need of REPAIR or REPLACEMENT. Employee morale is LOW and a result is productivity is not where it could be.

You act like "just start working hard and you'll get a head and you'll never need any help" well that's BS. The playing field isn't level in this country. The middle class continues to shrink and more people are needing to collect government assistance all the while the top 1% gets richer and richer. Meanwhile, the "union" that is supposed to represent the WORKERS at Kroger continues to capitulate and let Kroger cut benefits, keep the pay rates low and engage in other practices that benefit the COMPANY at the workers' expense.

Stop siding with the big corporations that don't care about you and stop making excuses for why they can't "afford" to do this and that. If the corporations won't do the right thing, then the people will elect a president and a Congress that will make the playing field more fair and even.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Can always just hire everyone full time



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

You act like "just start working hard and you'll get a head and you'll never need any help" well that's BS. The playing field isn't level in this country. The middle class continues to shrink and more people are needing to collect government assistance all the while the top 1% gets richer and richer. Meanwhile, the "union" that is supposed to represent the WORKERS at Kroger continues to capitulate and let Kroger cut benefits, keep the pay rates low and engage in other practices that benefit the COMPANY at the workers' expense.

Stop siding with the big corporations that don't care about you and stop making excuses for why they can't "afford" to do this and that. If the corporations won't do the right thing, then the people will elect a president and a Congress that will make the playing field more fair and even.

 

      Maybe the underlined part is that way for a reason.  Too many people rely on the government to give them things while they sit on their backside all day and just pop out another paycheck every 9 months.  The rich keep getting rick is because they have this thing called dedication and a solid work ethic. I'm tired of this thought today that lets just take from the rich so I feel better mentality these days.  If you start that socialist thinking, what will happen is you will no longer have rich people.  Not because YOU took all there hard earned money, but because you just took away anyone's motivation to even work anymore.  An economy can't prosper is everyone is sitting at home bringing in the same money.   SOCIALISM has NEVER worked in History.  Do some research and stop repeating everything you hear from the "news" media

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 556
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

You act like "just start working hard and you'll get a head and you'll never need any help" well that's BS. The playing field isn't level in this country. The middle class continues to shrink and more people are needing to collect government assistance all the while the top 1% gets richer and richer. Meanwhile, the "union" that is supposed to represent the WORKERS at Kroger continues to capitulate and let Kroger cut benefits, keep the pay rates low and engage in other practices that benefit the COMPANY at the workers' expense.

Stop siding with the big corporations that don't care about you and stop making excuses for why they can't "afford" to do this and that. If the corporations won't do the right thing, then the people will elect a president and a Congress that will make the playing field more fair and even.

 

      Maybe the underlined part is that way for a reason.  Too many people rely on the government to give them things while they sit on their backside all day and just pop out another paycheck every 9 months.  The rich keep getting rick is because they have this thing called dedication and a solid work ethic. I'm tired of this thought today that lets just take from the rich so I feel better mentality these days.  If you start that socialist thinking, what will happen is you will no longer have rich people.  Not because YOU took all there hard earned money, but because you just took away anyone's motivation to even work anymore.  An economy can't prosper is everyone is sitting at home bringing in the same money.   SOCIALISM has NEVER worked in History.  Do some research and stop repeating everything you hear from the "news" media

 


 The red-highlighted sentence in your rant is Absolutely True!!!!   Although most younger people do not have a really clear idea of what socialism is, and (although it is touted as a fair, "well meaning" system) in reality EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY that has embraced a total socialistic (dictatorial, totalitarian, communistic, fascist) system, the same end eventually results:  (Remember: total power corrupts totally).  Total corruption throughout the political system, most people end up being very, very rich or very,very poor (with the very poor greatly out-numbering the very rich) and there ends up being very little "middle class".......  and the country descends into total chaos, often civil war.   All you have to do is look at a perfect example:  Venezuela.   A few years ago, it was a very prosperous, fairly stable country with a good economy.  It was taken over by leaders that follow the hard-line socialist agenda.  The leader is incredibly corrupt and wicked.  Now what?  Total chaos.  People are trying to leave the country just because they don't have enough to eat.  It is a MESS!!!!   



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I lost my health insurance too. first I lost it for my family and now even just mine. Oh well, I'll just continue to not go to the doctor. I need to have the availability i do for my family so until I can expand it... it is what it is 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

WOW.... if you did not have the employees as your foundation for the company, you would have no one to work for the money to pay the shareholders. When you have a company that large they can afford to pay good benefits for their employees on their end. After all if they have employees that are happy it will go up the line to make more money for the shareholders 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Oh my gosh at least am not the only one dealing with this. 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard