Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: are we free to leave Kroger?
Anonymous

Date:
are we free to leave Kroger?
Permalink   


I left Kroger after working just 2 days on the job.  It wasn't what I expected.  The job wasn't for me. I could foresee this move was a disaster.  It was an hourly  job as well. My immediate supervisor was a bit too snarky to me during the training period.  I had options where I could be happy elsewhere.

I emailed the local HR lady a nicely worded email based on some youtube video on how to handle a job departure after working at the job for less than a week.

So I go back there to shop and the general manager stares me down from about 20 feet away.  He had to be monitoring me like a hawk because the encounter happened rather instantly as if he saw me on some monitor in his office and rushed out onto the floor to stare at me.

It's been about 4 1/2 years and the general manager still gives me an angry look when he sees me shopping there.  Never says a word. 

A coworker of mine at a different job who is sort of chatty with everyone in town, said she talked around got word I was kicked out of the store.  I never got anything in the mail saying I wasn't allowed to shop at this particular Kroger.  No one at Kroger has spoken to me.  It's quite possible she got her research wrong this time but she's extremely reliable on her gossip.

 

Is this their way of saying we did not want you to leave and please come back?  Any psychology folks here that can interpret this behavior?  He never says a word.  I got another job, and surprisingly enough that same general manager occasionally shops where I now work, for stuff Kroger doesn't sell.  When he sees me he gets an angry face and looks down.

 

Should I go up to him at my new job with a big smile on my face and say "How the f--- are you?!"

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

More stuff I need to mention:

The situation reminds me of some gal I dated decades ago and I decided rather quickly she wasn't for me.

Kind of an angry stalker of sorts.  She got her hopes up high and then I respectfully let the relationship go.  Sort of like the movie The Blues Brothers when Jake almost gets cut down by machine gun fire by that one hot gal in Star Wars who was his girlfriend in The Blues Brothers story.

 

Back to Kroger....

 

Is it possible this general manager is gay or has a strong bro-mance with me?  I don't get it.  Help me out here.  Everyone at my current job really likes me.  The chicks are nice and regularly tell me they're happy I work here.  The guys call me a G.O.A.T. because of my hatred for fat women that waste everyone's time -- an ongoing joke that is mostly true, but not really.

Let me know what you think.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I think youre a fag



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

More stuff I need to mention:

The situation reminds me of some gal I dated decades ago and I decided rather quickly she wasn't for me.

Kind of an angry stalker of sorts.  She got her hopes up high and then I respectfully let the relationship go.  Sort of like the movie The Blues Brothers when Jake almost gets cut down by machine gun fire by that one hot gal in Star Wars who was his girlfriend in The Blues Brothers story.

 

Back to Kroger....

 

Is it possible this general manager is gay or has a strong bro-mance with me?  I don't get it.  Help me out here.  Everyone at my current job really likes me.  The chicks are nice and regularly tell me they're happy I work here.  The guys call me a G.O.A.T. because of my hatred for fat women that waste everyone's time -- an ongoing joke that is mostly true, but not really.

Let me know what you think.


  It can't really be a Bromance unless you like him too.  (Call it an infatuation?)    Excuse my stupidity but what is a "G.O.A.T."? Does that really stand for something?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Why do you even shop there? Unless you live in a small town and/or have literally no other shopping options, you could be getting your stuff cheaper elsewhere.

Why would you even step foot back into a place where you quit without notice?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Once you hand in your two weeks notice you're time with the company is done. Your ex-coworkers are just being @$$ holes to you. If they continue to be such file an ethics report against them for discrimination and profiling you with harassment. You left of your own free will you're not a slave to the company. You don't show up their daily so what's to loose?



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 419
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

.

 Should I go up to him at my new job with a big smile on my face and say "How the f--- are you?!"

 


 No just be very nice and say. Hello sir how may I help you. I mean really I would love to see the look on his face. Then when you see him at his store. Say hello Sir nice to see you. Then ask isn't that supposed to be what you say?



__________________

https://computersetc.activeboard.com/

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

No - your not free to leave Kroger.. You will never escape Rodney's army of Krojis...



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I quit giant eagle after a day. I had a question in the manager's office on the first day. I sat down on the chair outside his office for him up get done with a phone call he was wrapping up. He saw me sitting there and got so mad and began screaming at me about why I was sitting down on the job. I finished up the day, left and never came back. I got a job with Kroger which was much nicer at the time. The managers were respectful and talked to me like I was a human.

 

Sadly enough those days are in the past and now I have a manager who screams at us even worse than the guy at giant eagle. I wish I could walk out and not come back. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

I quit giant eagle after a day. I had a question in the manager's office on the first day. I sat down on the chair outside his office for him up get done with a phone call he was wrapping up. He saw me sitting there and got so mad and began screaming at me about why I was sitting down on the job. I finished up the day, left and never came back. I got a job with Kroger which was much nicer at the time. The managers were respectful and talked to me like I was a human.

 

Sadly enough those days are in the past and now I have a manager who screams at us even worse than the guy at giant eagle. I wish I could walk out and not come back. 


 Typically this comes down hill. Rodney makes absurd share holder promises, fails of course and takes it out on his henchmen the Vps, presidents, DMs, SM and finally you.. for failing him.. Then it just gets worse because ppl leave and no one wants to work for Kroger, so those still here are being over worked in understaffed stores..



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard