Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Coronavirus and us.
Anonymous

Date:
Coronavirus and us.
Permalink   


People are getting sick and worried about getting sick.  One company sees opportunity everywhere, to exploit and to do harm.  How many customers and staff will get sick because hand washing counts as "goofing off"?  How many people will be tricked into accepting home delivery?  Have you been ordered to sign a paper stating that you are fully trained and understand that you are responsible for what Kroger does, or says it does?  Phooey!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Well in my first year working here a manager told me that coughing very hard and vomiting was not a reason to not come to work, so they dont care, they just want to grab every dollar they can off people even if they get and spread a viral plague in the process. You could be on your literal death bed and they'd still tell you you have to work.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

A salaried manager came in one day with the full-blown flu. I take medications which make me prone to infection. I nicely asked him to keep his distance from me, and when he still wouldn't I told him to "stay the **** away from me before he got me sick". He didn't like that very much.

 

Also nearly got written up for going to the ER on a store walk day, until I threatened legal action. 

 

The grocery business is going to be the reason coronavirus spreads so fast in this country. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

No different than any other virus. Maintain your hygiene, wash hands before eating, wash hands after touching public stuff, utilize basic hygienic measures. Don't touch your eyes, nose or face with dirty hands. Carnivorous does not have a cough, sneezing or common cold like symptoms. Just google the symptoms. People over worry for nothing.  I don't know why people think face masks protect them. It's ludicrously hilarious people are emptying the shelves of face masks when it's totally necessary. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

A salaried manager came in one day with the full-blown flu. I take medications which make me prone to infection. I nicely asked him to keep his distance from me, and when he still wouldn't I told him to "stay the **** away from me before he got me sick". He didn't like that very much.

 

Also nearly got written up for going to the ER on a store walk day, until I threatened legal action. 

 

The grocery business is going to be the reason coronavirus spreads so fast in this country. 


 By us law employers can not fire employees for going to the er. This is a sue able offence. The government passed it to protect jobs. Because this has happened in the past.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

A salaried manager came in one day with the full-blown flu. I take medications which make me prone to infection. I nicely asked him to keep his distance from me, and when he still wouldn't I told him to "stay the **** away from me before he got me sick". He didn't like that very much.

 

Also nearly got written up for going to the ER on a store walk day, until I threatened legal action. 

 

The grocery business is going to be the reason coronavirus spreads so fast in this country. 


 By us law employers can not fire employees for going to the er. This is a sue able offence. The government passed it to protect jobs. Because this has happened in the past.


 That's exactly what I told the manager. I could either make suing the company my hobby, or they could let me go home and fill the salad bar their own god-damned selves. They chose the latter.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

You all can flame my post, but I am seriously believing that this whole Coronavirus thing is being blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. YES, it is potentially serious, but it will be a serious threat primarily in third-world countries with poor health care and poor hygiene practices. 

The worldwide and (especially!) United States mainstream news media is intentionally HYPING this to the MAX, and is using the virus to promote their news services, incite fear and panic, push an ultra-liberal social agenda, and to blame and bash President Trump (no matter what he does.....in fact Trump started the process of gathering input and recommendations from experts in the field several weeks ago and was MADE FUN OF at that time by the mainstream media for over-reacting..........now they suddenly have went the other way, and are making fun of him for his comments on being upbeat and optimistic about the outlook here in the US)   

Trump can't win for losing......the news media slants/reports 90% to 94% of Trump-related news stories in an obviously or covertly Negative way.  Disgusting!  The average American is beginning to see through some of this stuff, and the Democrat party will pay for it BIG TIME this coming November with a resounding Trump landslide.  

After a year from now,  (which will be February 28, 2021) please make a note to yourselves and come back to this thread and see how right I am........that the Coronavirus wasn't nearly as bad here in the US that the media was saying it could/would be!   Thank you! 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

You all can flame my post, but I am seriously believing that this whole Coronavirus thing is being blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. YES, it is potentially serious, but it will be a serious threat primarily in third-world countries with poor health care and poor hygiene practices. 

The worldwide and (especially!) United States mainstream news media is intentionally HYPING this to the MAX, and is using the virus to promote their news services, incite fear and panic, push an ultra-liberal social agenda, and to blame and bash President Trump (no matter what he does.....in fact Trump started the process of gathering input and recommendations from experts in the field several weeks ago and was MADE FUN OF at that time by the mainstream media for over-reacting..........now they suddenly have went the other way, and are making fun of him for his comments on being upbeat and optimistic about the outlook here in the US)   

Trump can't win for losing......the news media slants/reports 90% to 94% of Trump-related news stories in an obviously or covertly Negative way.  Disgusting!  The average American is beginning to see through some of this stuff, and the Democrat party will pay for it BIG TIME this coming November with a resounding Trump landslide.  

After a year from now,  (which will be February 28, 2021) please make a note to yourselves and come back to this thread and see how right I am........that the Coronavirus wasn't nearly as bad here in the US that the media was saying it could/would be!   Thank you! 


 


This. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1291
Date:
Permalink   

I really wish a lot of you would take the time to create an account.

__________________

I am no longer part of the oppressed, evil workforce of Kroger!  Can you say "Hallelujah"  

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

No different than any other virus. Maintain your hygiene, wash hands before eating, wash hands after touching public stuff, utilize basic hygienic measures. Don't touch your eyes, nose or face with dirty hands. Carnivorous does not have a cough, sneezing or common cold like symptoms. Just google the symptoms. People over worry for nothing.  I don't know why people think face masks protect them. It's ludicrously hilarious people are emptying the shelves of face masks when it's totally necessary. 


 Theres reason to worry cause there is no vaccine for it and it can possibly kill you.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

You all can flame my post, but I am seriously believing that this whole Coronavirus thing is being blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. YES, it is potentially serious, but it will be a serious threat primarily in third-world countries with poor health care and poor hygiene practices. 

The worldwide and (especially!) United States mainstream news media is intentionally HYPING this to the MAX, and is using the virus to promote their news services, incite fear and panic, push an ultra-liberal social agenda, and to blame and bash President Trump (no matter what he does.....in fact Trump started the process of gathering input and recommendations from experts in the field several weeks ago and was MADE FUN OF at that time by the mainstream media for over-reacting..........now they suddenly have went the other way, and are making fun of him for his comments on being upbeat and optimistic about the outlook here in the US)   

Trump can't win for losing......the news media slants/reports 90% to 94% of Trump-related news stories in an obviously or covertly Negative way.  Disgusting!  The average American is beginning to see through some of this stuff, and the Democrat party will pay for it BIG TIME this coming November with a resounding Trump landslide.  

After a year from now,  (which will be February 28, 2021) please make a note to yourselves and come back to this thread and see how right I am........that the Coronavirus wasn't nearly as bad here in the US that the media was saying it could/would be!   Thank you! 


 I honestly have no doubt about what you just posted. Media just loves blowing things outta proportion.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

There is also a vaccine for the flu, and people still die from it, even those who get one. The media wants to scare you. Dont fall for it.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

I remember back in 2009 when the swine flu was all the rave. I bought into the hype via Alex Jones youtube videos and news media outlets and was going into a panic.  Nothing happened. Now here we are....... eleven years later.......



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1476
Date:
Permalink   

People die from the flu every year.  "In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died."  https://time.com/5610878/2018-2019-flu-season/
I am concerned about the coronavirus but it won't do any good to panic.  I am going to treat it like hepatitis a.  Wash hands and use caution when touching items in public.  The media is turning this serious event into a doom and gloom headlines.  And, my 401k is on an exponential race to the bottom! 
Stay well everyone.
Anonymous wrote:

I remember back in 2009 when the swine flu was all the rave. I bought into the hype via Alex Jones youtube videos and news media outlets and was going into a panic.  Nothing happened. Now here we are....... eleven years later.......


 



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:

I really wish a lot of you would take the time to create an account.


 why



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The virus scare has definitely been good for business, at least at my store. Customers are stocking up big time on items ranging from canned goods (so they don't have to go out if the virus hits the area) to cleaning and disinfectant supplies (to keep themselves and their homes clean). Lines have been longer than usual and demand is so high for certain items we have entire stretches of shelving bare (like hand sanitizer).

Kroger profits gonna go up and up!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Does Kroger have any set policies in place to deal with this? I haven't seen any.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

You all can flame my post, but I am seriously believing that this whole Coronavirus thing is being blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. YES, it is potentially serious, but it will be a serious threat primarily in third-world countries with poor health care and poor hygiene practices. 

The worldwide and (especially!) United States mainstream news media is intentionally HYPING this to the MAX, and is using the virus to promote their news services, incite fear and panic, push an ultra-liberal social agenda, and to blame and bash President Trump (no matter what he does.....in fact Trump started the process of gathering input and recommendations from experts in the field several weeks ago and was MADE FUN OF at that time by the mainstream media for over-reacting..........now they suddenly have went the other way, and are making fun of him for his comments on being upbeat and optimistic about the outlook here in the US)   

Trump can't win for losing......the news media slants/reports 90% to 94% of Trump-related news stories in an obviously or covertly Negative way.  Disgusting!  The average American is beginning to see through some of this stuff, and the Democrat party will pay for it BIG TIME this coming November with a resounding Trump landslide.  

After a year from now,  (which will be February 28, 2021) please make a note to yourselves and come back to this thread and see how right I am........that the Coronavirus wasn't nearly as bad here in the US that the media was saying it could/would be!   Thank you! 


But your dummy wont be president anymore  



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

You all can flame my post, but I am seriously believing that this whole Coronavirus thing is being blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. YES, it is potentially serious, but it will be a serious threat primarily in third-world countries with poor health care and poor hygiene practices. 

The worldwide and (especially!) United States mainstream news media is intentionally HYPING this to the MAX, and is using the virus to promote their news services, incite fear and panic, push an ultra-liberal social agenda, and to blame and bash President Trump (no matter what he does.....in fact Trump started the process of gathering input and recommendations from experts in the field several weeks ago and was MADE FUN OF at that time by the mainstream media for over-reacting..........now they suddenly have went the other way, and are making fun of him for his comments on being upbeat and optimistic about the outlook here in the US)   

Trump can't win for losing......the news media slants/reports 90% to 94% of Trump-related news stories in an obviously or covertly Negative way.  Disgusting!  The average American is beginning to see through some of this stuff, and the Democrat party will pay for it BIG TIME this coming November with a resounding Trump landslide.  

After a year from now,  (which will be February 28, 2021) please make a note to yourselves and come back to this thread and see how right I am........that the Coronavirus wasn't nearly as bad here in the US that the media was saying it could/would be!   Thank you! 


But your dummy wont be president anymore  


 You are right. My ventriloquist dummy, hidden away in my closet, will not be President, but Trump will be inaugurated for a second term in January of 2021. 

Everyone who REALLY and truly thinks that President Donald Trump is a "dummy", a "dimwit", a "dunce", a "goofball" etc, etc, has been drinking the Kool-aid administered to the public by the non-stop Hating mainstream media for the past 3 years straight...... they downplay all the good things that Trump is trying to do for the country, and make a huge deal out of every tiny little thing they can to make him look bad.  And that includes CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, Time magazine, USA Today, AP, ...........the list goes on and on and on. 

 Those outlets are increasingly left-wing, leaning socialist, against common sense, conservative idealogies. And even if some of the ordinary writers and reporters that work for those news outlets want to be fair and impartial, they are given unspoken standing orders to spin EVERYTHING in a negative light having to do with Trump.   What they seem not to realize is that many of us ordinary American people do not have a lot in common with the out-of-touch Elites of both coasts (Los Angeles, New York, Washington) where, and by whom,  most of these 'news' shows are formulated. 

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Does Kroger have any set policies in place to deal with this? I haven't seen any.


That would require actual planning and organization.

 

This is KROGER we're talking about here.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

You guys are just being mad for the sake of being mad. What's a grocery store going to do about an airborne virus? Require every customer that enters the building to be sterilized before putting on a full HAZMAT suit and respirator? Wash your hands all you want, you can still get it if one of the handful of infected in this country happen to shop at your store.

 

Stop and think about it for a minute, and then stop worrying: There are 15 confirmed cases in this country of 300+ million, with zero deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

 

How moronic is it that the "first US death from Coronavirus" was a guy who had no recent travel history, and no known contact with anyone who had the virus, but he did have other health issues... and yet the virus was blamed? And now we supposedly have a "second death." Way to scare the public over nothing.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

^ Not as moronic as a sitting US president firing the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018, defunding the CDC and put a guy in charge of the response that has said in the past smoking doesn't kill, had a poor response to an HIV outbreak as governor and is in many respects anti-science.

It's no wonder people are mad/fearful.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Don't believe everything the media tells you. Remember Brian Williams? Dan Rather?

The media wants you to panic. Don't let them.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

People are getting sick and worried about getting sick.  One company sees opportunity everywhere, to exploit and to do harm.  How many customers and staff will get sick because hand washing counts as "goofing off"?  How many people will be tricked into accepting home delivery?  Have you been ordered to sign a paper stating that you are fully trained and understand that you are responsible for what Kroger does, or says it does?  Phooey!


 I dont even brush my ass let alone wash my hands. It makes me feel good knowing other people are touching the things Ive touched when Ive pissed or taken a fat dump.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Ive started doom day prepper mission as of nao!! no nip virus will ever gets me!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

People are getting sick and worried about getting sick.  One company sees opportunity everywhere, to exploit and to do harm.  How many customers and staff will get sick because hand washing counts as "goofing off"?  How many people will be tricked into accepting home delivery?  Have you been ordered to sign a paper stating that you are fully trained and understand that you are responsible for what Kroger does, or says it does?  Phooey!


 I dont even brush my ass let alone wash my hands. It makes me feel good knowing other people are touching the things Ive touched when Ive pissed or taken a fat dump.


 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Our store shelves are emptied worse than in snow events. People are scared for nothing. It's just another form of the flue. Medicine has advanced enough to the point where the fatality rate is not as bad is it was say 100+ years ago. Now and then you'll get a super bug like this that sweeps through (probably genetically engineered) (why else would it just randomly appear out of the blue?) Otherwise it's just a bug sweeping the area. Hygiene is very important to keep your self from getting sick. Did you realize that 60% of society does not wash their hands after utilizing the restroom. Don't believe me start paying attention or get a cleaning job and just start watching.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3390
Date:
Permalink   

Our pickup percentage yesterday was 95.5% and it keeps dropping because the cleaning supplies and some areas of grocery are getting wiped out completely.... people are getting ridiculous, it's not even in Ohio yet i don't think.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 122
Date:
Permalink   

We've had Mad Cow Disease, Swine Flu, and correct me if I'm wrong, Bird Flu. We were also thrown into a scare with all of this and we still made it. Why? Because of what one of the other posters wrote. COMMON SENSE. But watch out! Between the media hype and the way the other stores are hawking the cleaning products we shouldn't use common sense. We should panic, panic, panic. 

As a local radio celeb would say: WAKE UP,  AMERICA!



__________________
I am insane and I embrace it.


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1476
Date:
Permalink   

The Kroger Asylum Patient wrote:

We've had Mad Cow Disease, Swine Flu, and correct me if I'm wrong, Bird Flu. We were also thrown into a scare with all of this and we still made it. Why? Because of what one of the other posters wrote. COMMON SENSE. But watch out! Between the media hype and the way the other stores are hawking the cleaning products we shouldn't use common sense. We should panic, panic, panic. 

As a local radio celeb would say: WAKE UP,  AMERICA!


Don't forget the Y2K scare.  All the computers in the world were supposed to shut down because they weren't programmed to deal with the year 2000.  



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.



Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 122
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymouse1 wrote:
The Kroger Asylum Patient wrote:

We've had Mad Cow Disease, Swine Flu, and correct me if I'm wrong, Bird Flu. We were also thrown into a scare with all of this and we still made it. Why? Because of what one of the other posters wrote. COMMON SENSE. But watch out! Between the media hype and the way the other stores are hawking the cleaning products we shouldn't use common sense. We should panic, panic, panic. 

As a local radio celeb would say: WAKE UP,  AMERICA!


Don't forget the Y2K scare.  All the computers in the world were supposed to shut down because they weren't programmed to deal with the year 2000.  


 Oh yeah. I remember when people were buying  cases of canned food and everything. I referred to it as  YSCREWK. Because the hype screwed with everyone else. I had the feeling it was a joke. I was off January 1st, 2000. Got up that morning and checked my computer. It worked fine. Drove to town. Everything and everyone was normal like nothing happened. Irony. Gotta love it. 



__________________
I am insane and I embrace it.
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

That was because thousands of people worked their asses off to avoid problems. There were very few, thankfully. This administration is not taking this virus seriously and that is what is worrisome. Trump is spreading misinformation like he always does.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

thedude wrote:

I really wish a lot of you would take the time to create an account.


 I tried, and the registration never completed for some reason. I've even tried again, but of course my email is "already in use." Believe me, I'd love to stop having to use this Captcha password for every post, especially since I use a secure browser that doesn't show it, so I have to open it as an image in a new tab... ugh.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

That was because thousands of people worked their asses off to avoid problems. There were very few, thankfully. This administration is not taking this virus seriously and that is what is worrisome. Trump is spreading misinformation like he always does.


 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

That was because thousands of people worked their asses off to avoid problems. There were very few, thankfully. This administration is not taking this virus seriously and that is what is worrisome. Trump is spreading misinformation like he always does.


 The sentences you wrote (in BOLD) above are examples of "spin" which is constantly being force fed to the public by Trump-hating media such as CNN,  CBS, The New York Times, Washington Post, and MSNBC.  Give us some REAL quotes (verbatim, documented, with video so we can see/hear it for ourselves) examples of what Trump has said that is truly "spreading misinformation".  You are parroting the media that LOVES controversy, loves panic, loves confrontation, loves anger, loves mistrust, loves fear, and loves to bash Trump and twist EVERYTHING, no matter how serious, or how trivial, into an excuse to act like it is all Trump's fault.     

Trump is doing the best that any level-headed, sensible president can, or would do.  He is not the all-knowing, perfect  Saviour that has all the answers, so quit pretending like you are expecting him to be such a person.  If Trump was a Democrat or leftist/liberal, you would be singing the praises of how well he is doing. But sinve he is a conservative/Republican, you must follow marching orders from the MSM ( Mainstream Media) and repeat their lies and half-truths. 

Trump is reminding the public to take common-sense precautions.  He is assuring the public not to panic. (Which really pissed off the Media because the THRIVE when the public panics.........they get more viewers and more ad money).   And he and his administration is going forward on things that need to be done to combat the virus. 

Even the best-informed pharmaceutical experts do NOT know exactly how this virus will do among the general population. From what is known so far, most symptoms are barely noticeable with people who are in very good health. The worse cases tend to be with much older people, or people compromised by being heavy smokers, heavy drinkers and drug addicts, or with pre-existing serious health problems and chronic diseases. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

You all can flame my post, but I am seriously believing that this whole Coronavirus thing is being blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. YES, it is potentially serious, but it will be a serious threat primarily in third-world countries with poor health care and poor hygiene practices. 

The worldwide and (especially!) United States mainstream news media is intentionally HYPING this to the MAX, and is using the virus to promote their news services, incite fear and panic, push an ultra-liberal social agenda, and to blame and bash President Trump (no matter what he does.....in fact Trump started the process of gathering input and recommendations from experts in the field several weeks ago and was MADE FUN OF at that time by the mainstream media for over-reacting..........now they suddenly have went the other way, and are making fun of him for his comments on being upbeat and optimistic about the outlook here in the US)   

Trump can't win for losing......the news media slants/reports 90% to 94% of Trump-related news stories in an obviously or covertly Negative way.  Disgusting!  The average American is beginning to see through some of this stuff, and the Democrat party will pay for it BIG TIME this coming November with a resounding Trump landslide.  

After a year from now,  (which will be February 28, 2021) please make a note to yourselves and come back to this thread and see how right I am........that the Coronavirus wasn't nearly as bad here in the US that the media was saying it could/would be!   Thank you! 


 


This. 


 Sure, but what about the next time??? And the time after that??? We have lost ALL COMMON SENSE in this country and it goes to show how unprepared we all really are for dealing with these viruses...How many movies have you seen where an outbreak happens and you'd think we'd be much smarter about prevention but what things like this do is expose our vulnerabilities for the world to see! I really do hope that if this virus ISN'T as bad as you say, we stop talking politics and talk more about preparedness so the next one to come doesn't do even MORE damage!!! Because if the next one is worse, it's not going to matter WHO'S in office, if everyone is suffering or dying...We need to stop pointing blame and start being more aware of what's going on!!!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Our store shelves are emptied worse than in snow events. People are scared for nothing. It's just another form of the flue. Medicine has advanced enough to the point where the fatality rate is not as bad is it was say 100+ years ago. Now and then you'll get a super bug like this that sweeps through (probably genetically engineered) (why else would it just randomly appear out of the blue?) Otherwise it's just a bug sweeping the area. Hygiene is very important to keep your self from getting sick. Did you realize that 60% of society does not wash their hands after utilizing the restroom. Don't believe me start paying attention or get a cleaning job and just start watching.


 Maybe if people aren't washing their hands, maybe they should start! no

People have forgotten all common sense anymore!!!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

You all can flame my post, but I am seriously believing that this whole Coronavirus thing is being blown WAY, WAY out of proportion. YES, it is potentially serious, but it will be a serious threat primarily in third-world countries with poor health care and poor hygiene practices. 

The worldwide and (especially!) United States mainstream news media is intentionally HYPING this to the MAX, and is using the virus to promote their news services, incite fear and panic, push an ultra-liberal social agenda, and to blame and bash President Trump (no matter what he does.....in fact Trump started the process of gathering input and recommendations from experts in the field several weeks ago and was MADE FUN OF at that time by the mainstream media for over-reacting..........now they suddenly have went the other way, and are making fun of him for his comments on being upbeat and optimistic about the outlook here in the US)   

Trump can't win for losing......the news media slants/reports 90% to 94% of Trump-related news stories in an obviously or covertly Negative way.  Disgusting!  The average American is beginning to see through some of this stuff, and the Democrat party will pay for it BIG TIME this coming November with a resounding Trump landslide.  

After a year from now,  (which will be February 28, 2021) please make a note to yourselves and come back to this thread and see how right I am........that the Coronavirus wasn't nearly as bad here in the US that the media was saying it could/would be!   Thank you! 


 


This. 


 Sure, but what about the next time??? And the time after that??? We have lost ALL COMMON SENSE in this country and it goes to show how unprepared we all really are for dealing with these viruses...How many movies have you seen where an outbreak happens and you'd think we'd be much smarter about prevention but what things like this do is expose our vulnerabilities for the world to see! I really do hope that if this virus ISN'T as bad as you say, we stop talking politics and talk more about preparedness so the next one to come doesn't do even MORE damage!!! Because if the next one is worse, it's not going to matter WHO'S in office, if everyone is suffering or dying...We need to stop pointing blame and start being more aware of what's going on!!!


Well... a good start might involve NOT firing the pandemic response team. Unfortunately our "stable genius" president did just that in 2018 (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/). We would have been MORE PREPARED if that hadn't happened. Then our president with the "large brain" puts religious nut Pence in charge of countermeasures... you know, the guy that said that smoking wasn't dangerous to humans (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/mike-pences-past-claim-that-smoking-doesnt-kill-resurfaces-after-trump-names-him-to-lead-coronavirus-response/) and you wonder why people in this country are panicking? Maybe it's because many of them have NO FAITH in an administration that is dumb and clueless?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

That was because thousands of people worked their asses off to avoid problems. There were very few, thankfully. This administration is not taking this virus seriously and that is what is worrisome. Trump is spreading misinformation like he always does.


 The sentences you wrote (in BOLD) above are examples of "spin" which is constantly being force fed to the public by Trump-hating media such as CNN,  CBS, The New York Times, Washington Post, and MSNBC.  Give us some REAL quotes (verbatim, documented, with video so we can see/hear it for ourselves) examples of what Trump has said that is truly "spreading misinformation".  You are parroting the media that LOVES controversy, loves panic, loves confrontation, loves anger, loves mistrust, loves fear, and loves to bash Trump and twist EVERYTHING, no matter how serious, or how trivial, into an excuse to act like it is all Trump's fault.


I'm not the poster you were responding to (I posted that Tulsi video as a response to how that poster claimed the administration wasn't taking the situation seriously), but uh... here's your verbatim quote:



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

That was because thousands of people worked their asses off to avoid problems. There were very few, thankfully. This administration is not taking this virus seriously and that is what is worrisome. Trump is spreading misinformation like he always does.


 The sentences you wrote (in BOLD) above are examples of "spin" which is constantly being force fed to the public by Trump-hating media such as CNN,  CBS, The New York Times, Washington Post, and MSNBC.  Give us some REAL quotes (verbatim, documented, with video so we can see/hear it for ourselves) examples of what Trump has said that is truly "spreading misinformation".  You are parroting the media that LOVES controversy, loves panic, loves confrontation, loves anger, loves mistrust, loves fear, and loves to bash Trump and twist EVERYTHING, no matter how serious, or how trivial, into an excuse to act like it is all Trump's fault.


I'm not the poster you were responding to (I posted that Tulsi video as a response to how that poster claimed the administration wasn't taking the situation seriously), but uh... here's your verbatim quote:


 I fail to find anything particularly horrible about what Trump said in that video. He is basically quoting what other people ("they" meaning health officials/experts) are saying,  that the typical flu type illnesses, such as Coronavirus strains, usually peter out in April. (Ever heard the term "flu season")   He may be a little too upbeat about our chances of dealing with it, but what do you prefer?  The chronic hand wringing, "Crying Wolf" and  screaming "The sky is falling!!" all the time,  like the mass media loves to do, and wishes everyone else would act the same way?  No, Not Trump, he's not your average, ordinary politician who falls obediently in step with the standard protocol the media is used to.  



__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard