Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Question about pay
Anonymous

Date:
Question about pay
Permalink   


As a new hire, I was looking at my schedule and was wondering why some times were like 12pm-7:15pm. The extra fifteen minutes just seemed a little odd to me and was wondering if I would get paid for that, or if it meant something else entirely. Thanks in advance! 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1255
Date:
Permalink   

Welcome to Kroger.

You will be paid for any time you are working and on the clock.

The 7 hour, 15 minute shift is unusual.  It might be computer generated.  Maybe the schedule writer is trying to make sure you get 27 hours weekly.  4 days  @ 6.75 hours = 27.

15 minute breaks are paid.  30 minute lunch is unpaid.

I recommend keeping track of the hours you work on your phone or calendar.  Then check your paystub online each payday to make sure it is accurate.

 



__________________

Here for the fun working environment.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 555
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

As a new hire, I was looking at my schedule and was wondering why some times were like 12pm-7:15pm. The extra fifteen minutes just seemed a little odd to me and was wondering if I would get paid for that, or if it meant something else entirely. Thanks in advance! 


 It was like that all the time when I worked.

Anonymouse1 wrote:

Welcome to Kroger.

You will be paid for any time you are working and on the clock.

The 7 hour, 15 minute shift is unusual.  It might be computer generated.  Maybe the schedule writer is trying to make sure you get 27 hours weekly.  4 days  @ 6.75 hours = 27.

15 minute breaks are paid.  30 minute lunch is unpaid.

I recommend keeping track of the hours you work on your phone or calendar.  Then check your paystub online each payday to make sure it is accurate.

 


It probably has to do with being part time.



-- Edited by i386 on Monday 29th of June 2020 07:24:56 AM

__________________

https://computersetc.activeboard.com/

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Everything runs on 15 minutes paywise as far as I know, the threshold being 7/8 minutes. Say you clock out 7:08, you get paid for 15 minutes. Clock out at 7:07 and you get paid as if you clocked out at 7. 

 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 555
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Everything runs on 15 minutes paywise as far as I know, the threshold being 7/8 minutes. Say you clock out 7:08, you get paid for 15 minutes. Clock out at 7:07 and you get paid as if you clocked out at 7. 

 


 That is why allot of times I clocked in 7 minutes after and I clocked out 7 minutes till. I knew the system.



__________________

https://computersetc.activeboard.com/

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Extra pay could come from staying over your shift. Could come from clocking out at the 8 min mark. Could of come from taking a 30 or 45 min lunch instead of an hour. 



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard