Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: General merchandise
Anonymous

Date:
General merchandise
Permalink   


Anyone who works General merchandise.... How is it? Is it better than produce ( which I am under)? 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Well, after working for Kroger for over 30 years and seeing how leisurely the people in that department work, it's probably one of the easiest departments in the store.  The hardest thing is probably changing the promotional aisle (I've always called it the seasonal aisle) every few weeks.   Right now it's Summer stuff.  Then comes back to school, Fall/Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter.  Sure things have to be re-stocked but it's not like you fill something up one day and it's wiped out by the next.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Wouldn't evening/night crew deal with putting the decorations up? I only can work day. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2836
Date:
Permalink   

Drug/GM is one of the easiest departments to work in. The most you have to do is make sure stuff is restocked and conditioned (pulling product forward). The hardest you have to work is during the seasonal isle changes. When you're changing things you have to follow a guide that's provided by the company. Nothing is very heavy but you have to stock things on top of shelves sometimes and deal with baby formula and those types of things.

__________________

Would you like fries with th... I mean, your milk in a bag?

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Baby formula not on shelves. I believe CS desk deals with it now 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2526
Date:
Permalink   

I work GM usually. Putting stuffnonnthe shelves is pretty easy work. Just get a U-Boat/6-wheeler, stack your totes with your product and your good to go.
The hardest part is if that nightcrew stacks your totes sometimes they think you are superhuman and stack the heavy totes on top of the lighter ones or they make the stack too tall. They mean well by getting your product together but still...

Another aspect is that sometimes your product you need is behind the ones you dont need. Then you have to pull the product out to get your totes.

Sometimes the warehouse is out of your items but that's a rarity. Dept workers are more apt to be shorted on product then you.

I like working GMC but I STILL have to watch clicklist EVEN THOUGH we made some courtesy clerks get trained. Because sometimes they'll ignore the beeps of the zebra device alerting them.to an available order, or the beep of the phones telling them a customer has arrived to get their order. And guess who has to do it if they don't? *jumps up and down* meeeee!

__________________

How about NO?!?

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1022
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Well, after working for Kroger for over 30 years and seeing how leisurely the people in that department work, it's probably one of the easiest departments in the store.  The hardest thing is probably changing the promotional aisle (I've always called it the seasonal aisle) every few weeks.   Right now it's Summer stuff.  Then comes back to school, Fall/Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter.  Sure things have to be re-stocked but it's not like you fill something up one day and it's wiped out by the next.


 

BagBoy wrote:

Drug/GM is one of the easiest departments to work in. The most you have to do is make sure stuff is restocked and conditioned (pulling product forward). The hardest you have to work is during the seasonal isle changes. When you're changing things you have to follow a guide that's provided by the company. Nothing is very heavy but you have to stock things on top of shelves sometimes and deal with baby formula and those types of things.


 I will just not say it's either easy or hard. All I know is as a Utility Clerk I helped Drug GM break down Peyton pallets on supply truck day. For me those totes were heavy and also most of them were plain out nasty and litterly smelled like pure out **** and sometimes it looked like someone smeared it on the totes. Yes, this reply is going to draw the attention of the **** troll. OK I am sorry I am just telling the truth here those totes were that nasty. I also helped working the seasonal Asile and it's rough especially when you get to the bailer and it's full every time or just packed because the last person did not push the button to mash it. I remember one time I put my boxes in and smashed them kelp it down and put the key in my pocket. The manager got upset and almost cussed at me but I flat out told him to get people to do their D*** job. He said he was going to send me home I said OK that will not change the way I feel. I never got sent home the GM Manager told him he was not goanna send me home.



-- Edited by i386 on Sunday 8th of May 2022 06:48:29 PM

__________________

My YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoThvckHfxfuVPEYvWy8yeA

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Anyone who works General merchandise.... How is it? Is it better than produce ( which I am under)? 


 Hope you like working Clicklist and running a register.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

What is clicklist? Like do they get the carts or are they pick up? 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2526
Date:
Permalink   

Clicklist is a PAIN IN THE F*CKING A$$. Yes, it's easy to do, but get a busy day and you'll have orders back to back to back. I had such a day. I was scheduled to work floral for the week and guess what? Ine day we had orders from clicklist All. D@mn. Day. And they were BIG ones. With a few small ones added in. I literally had to HIDE in the back while trying to help floral so I wouldnt be bugged to do clicklist.
But clicklist means you puxknthe order for the customer. You have a zebra handheld in which has the customers order and you grab and scan the item. Its pretty easy but sometimes you'll have out of stocks and may have to substitute items.
The runner is one who takes the order to the customers car. They grab the order from.its designated clicklist area and delivers it to the customer.

Ask your clicklist lead for more info.



__________________

How about NO?!?

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard