Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Anyone else store losing a lot of people?
Anonymous

Date:
Anyone else store losing a lot of people?
Permalink   


A lot of ppl in my store either quit or was fired due to not liking their schedules or OT. Now they pulling ppl from other departners to help out front end. They moved  me from my department into front end which I now start tmr. Not happy about it also theyre cutting hours.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Grocery work has high turn over. this is nothing new. Yes kroger is terrible at honoring schedule requests. I left my last location because they failed to honor my days off. I started skipping dr appointments and the incident would turn into medical emergencies and they became di--cks about it. 



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3388
Date:
Permalink   

Yep we just had another acsm step down today. My store can't keep department heads at all....

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

A lot of ppl in my store either quit or was fired due to not liking their schedules or OT. Now they pulling ppl from other departners to help out front end. They moved  me from my department into front end which I now start tmr. Not happy about it also theyre cutting hours.


 Front end lost more cashiers due to an transferred PIC blaming cashiers and the same with other department added with entitled customers (bribed, too)



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Unfortunately yes, they are that bad.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

The rotten company is actually acting nice right now to try and retain enough people to keep the doors open. If an actual recession happens you sure don't want to be in this company cause they will be messing with everyone worse than you would believe. In every way.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

A lot of ppl in my store either quit or was fired due to not liking their schedules or OT. Now they pulling ppl from other departners to help out front end. They moved  me from my department into front end which I now start tmr. Not happy about it also theyre cutting hours.


 They don't have enough help and they're cutting hours?

Let this be all the proof you need how we've been owned by the Super Rich. It's not about a virus or a plan-demic. It's not abut supply chain shortages.

It's about how do the already RICHEST MOTHERFUKERS IN THE WORLD GET EVEN MORE MONEY.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

School staring up and were going to be REALLY understaffed! Theyre moving me to grocery due to my sibling is a front end 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

The rotten company is actually acting nice right now to try and retain enough people to keep the doors open. If an actual recession happens you sure don't want to be in this company cause they will be messing with everyone worse than you would believe. In every way.


 We are in a recession.

Seeing understaffed departments and vacant head positions is a good thing. Employees are finally waking up and quitting Kroger.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

My store is cutting hours too.

People are quitting and departments are closing early.  The service desk closed before noon the other day.

Adults can't really afford to work here anymore.  It's pretty funny.  Half the store calls out if there's a big game.  Because it's not a real job and doesn't matter.

Worst case scenario, you get paid more and get a better schedule at Walmart or McDonald's.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2589
Date:
Permalink   

Our deli dept is starving ravenous for people. We cant seem to hold on to them for long when they do get hired. I am classified as GMC but they have me help close the deli recently. Deli closes as 7 pm trchnically and I work a 10-7 or 9-6 tops. So with that said, I close down the deli and begin cleanup duties at around 5. Pulling hotcakes, dishes, cleaning equipment, garbage, sweep, mop, wipe down tables takes time. 



__________________

How about NO?!?

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Walmart is basically them same.  I knew a person who worked at Walmart for 20 years.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Walmart is basically them same.  I knew a person who worked at Walmart for 20 years.


 Exactly right. ALL retailers are the same now.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Believe it or not, when I was hired 30+ years ago, it took me three or four times asking if they were hiring before they gave me an application.  Back then you filled out a paper application.  If all looked good, they'd tell you to come to orientation that night and you would start the next day.  There was no drug testing or waiting around two weeks for a background check to come back.  Back then people stayed put.  It wasn't a revolving door  like it is now.  There was also more competition for department head jobs.  Now, nobody wants them.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Only high school kids and folks who just need a quick job for cash wants to work at Kroger. I cant speak for all retail.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Believe it or not, when I was hired 30+ years ago, it took me three or four times asking if they were hiring before they gave me an application.  Back then you filled out a paper application.  If all looked good, they'd tell you to come to orientation that night and you would start the next day.  There was no drug testing or waiting around two weeks for a background check to come back.  Back then people stayed put.  It wasn't a revolving door  like it is now.  There was also more competition for department head jobs.  Now, nobody wants them.


 With all the BS some of these dept. heads are having to juggle these days, is it any wonder??? If you think it's just US, think again...It's ALL RETAIL!

And then you've got high expectations with low morale and high turnover, if you can even retain people in the first place, let alone hire them initially to have a chance at retaining them...Add all that up and it doesn't bode well for the future...



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Only high school kids and folks who just need a quick job for cash wants to work at Kroger. I cant speak for all retail.


And those who have spent YEARS in retail who also appreciate a job with good benefits and insurance, as well as a decent pension, DON'T want to work??? confuse

Really???? evileye

No, you DEFINITELY can't speak for ALL retail, as there are just as many variables as there are motives and different kinds of people in the retail industry...You simply can't paint everyone with a broad brush like that!



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard