Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Has anyone got their hourly wage decreased?
Anonymous Underpaid employee

Date:
Has anyone got their hourly wage decreased?
Permalink   


I heard at work that 2 employees spoke about hourly wage has decreased meaning...employee has to work towards their way up back to their previous hourly wage.

I wonder who cut someone's hourly wage... Yet those lazy folks get increase of pay just by being lazy, causing trouble, and starring at everyone. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Ha, I went way off-topic from just one aspect of your post about lazy employees. lol.

I don't know about wage decrease and can't imagine that even being possible.


(Well, Kroger, apparently, obvious by their policies, doesn't care if you work hard, because hard work gets ZERO compensation. Also can probably blame the Union/unions in general. Everyone is the same, just a number. So if you are working harder than your co-worker, you are working too hard. :) I mean, it's mere logic. You work hard; they don't; you get the same pay. No one is going to walk in and say, hey, you are a hard worker, here's some money. Been here 5 years; I make the same as new-hires. Kroger gives zero effs if I work harder or know more than a new-hire, so /shrug

 AND, lazy people don't even get fired either. So it's win-win to be lazy. This is how they want to run their company; this is what they get.

 Once, I complained to a manger to get more money. I said I work hard and deserve it; I was told that everyone else here thinks the same thing. Again, we are all the same, just a number. Stop working so hard.)



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2607
Date:
Permalink   

They cannot do that. The union would not allow it. Those empmotlyees should get ahold of the union asap. Doing that could cause the employees to "make up" the loss if it gets bad enough.

Also when I use to cash my paycheck st my store the cashier tried to say I had to buy something to cash out my check. Just to piss them off, I got .30 cents worth of grapes, cashed my check, and refunded the grapes. They caught me doing that and lost their sh*t, saying that it was basically theft.
Union contacted and the checker was told not to do that again. They were p*ssed off at me.

__________________

How about NO?!?

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

mega-kitteh wrote:

They cannot do that. The union would not allow it. Those empmotlyees should get ahold of the union asap. Doing that could cause the employees to "make up" the loss if it gets bad enough.

Also when I use to cash my paycheck st my store the cashier tried to say I had to buy something to cash out my check. Just to piss them off, I got .30 cents worth of grapes, cashed my check, and refunded the grapes. They caught me doing that and lost their sh*t, saying that it was basically theft.
Union contacted and the checker was told not to do that again. They were p*ssed off at me.


 I don't know if they changed the rule or people are simply misinformed, but when I was a checker, the rule about having to buy something only applied to customers.  The customer would be given a "Barney Buck" worth two dollars. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

mega-kitteh wrote:

They cannot do that. The union would not allow it. 


 1 Not sure where you or op are, but they can where I am. 5 Those f/u/c/k/s caved so hard at a time when the employes turuly had the uper hand. 2 Str8 up says it in the most recent contract. 9 prty sur a few ppl got pad off



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2607
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
mega-kitteh wrote:

They cannot do that. The union would not allow it. Those empmotlyees should get ahold of the union asap. Doing that could cause the employees to "make up" the loss if it gets bad enough.

Also when I use to cash my paycheck st my store the cashier tried to say I had to buy something to cash out my check. Just to piss them off, I got .30 cents worth of grapes, cashed my check, and refunded the grapes. They caught me doing that and lost their sh*t, saying that it was basically theft.
Union contacted and the checker was told not to do that again. They were p*ssed off at me.


 I don't know if they changed the rule or people are simply misinformed, but when I was a checker, the rule about having to buy something only applied to customers.  The customer would be given a "Barney Buck" worth two dollars. 


 Our store does that for customers too. However now it's just a flat rate. Otherwise customers would "get around" the cash fee by purchasing the cheapest thing and the returning it.now it's like a flat rate (I forget the amount) that's taken right out of the check before money is handed back. It's not too high though.



__________________

How about NO?!?

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous Underpaid employee wrote:

I heard at work that 2 employees spoke about hourly wage has decreased meaning...employee has to work towards their way up back to their previous hourly wage.

I wonder who cut someone's hourly wage... Yet those lazy folks get increase of pay just by being lazy, causing trouble, and starring at everyone. 


 Im one of those lazy employees and I just got a raise 2 weeks ago. Thought it be fun to do a little experiment and see how much of the bare minimum I can do daily and see how long it can go for. 6 months in and still going lol. Its awesome cause other people are picking up my slack and they dont even know or maybe they do ahh well.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

mega-kitteh wrote:

They cannot do that. The union would not allow it. Those empmotlyees should get ahold of the union asap. Doing that could cause the employees to "make up" the loss if it gets bad enough.

Also when I use to cash my paycheck st my store the cashier tried to say I had to buy something to cash out my check. Just to piss them off, I got .30 cents worth of grapes, cashed my check, and refunded the grapes. They caught me doing that and lost their sh*t, saying that it was basically theft.
Union contacted and the checker was told not to do that again. They were p*ssed off at me.


 That is stealing. Associates are so dishonest is disgusting and despicable.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 996
Date:
Permalink   

I wouldn't be surprised in the long run with some checks being late, incomplete, or short hours will result in some employees being reclassified as full time to part time. Kroger is going to have one hell of a class action suit in the near future.

__________________

My Views and Opinions do not reflect that of the Kroger company. I'm an indivdual expressing my 1st amendment right.

Visit http://www.krogertalk.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2607
Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
mega-kitteh wrote:

They cannot do that. The union would not allow it. Those empmotlyees should get ahold of the union asap. Doing that could cause the employees to "make up" the loss if it gets bad enough.

Also when I use to cash my paycheck st my store the cashier tried to say I had to buy something to cash out my check. Just to piss them off, I got .30 cents worth of grapes, cashed my check, and refunded the grapes. They caught me doing that and lost their sh*t, saying that it was basically theft.
Union contacted and the checker was told not to do that again. They were p*ssed off at me.


 That is stealing. Associates are so dishonest is disgusting and despicable.


 It is stealing when the checker decides to make an unauthorized charge to cash an employees check. It is not stealing, however, when the employee charged returns the itemmto get refunded back you are correct. 



__________________

How about NO?!?

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Its high time associates got a pay cut anyway. The job is easy no stress involved what so ever they make to much for doing the bare minimum. Hopefully Kroger has started issuing pay cuts so they can invest the money in something much worth while.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Contact the union this is illegal!

 

When I was working through the pay steps; my store manager was fudging my accruing hours to illegally keep me at the lower pay. I had to file a grievance and ethics report to undo the damage they did to me. Because I was lower functioning they thought they could get away with it. They will owe you back pay and make sure they pay you! Even without a union this is still illegal to keep you at the lower rate of pay. It is illegal for them to reduce your hourly rate of pay.

The only time in which it is legal to reduce your rate of pay is if you do a move and you now fall subject to another contract. Contract 1 says you're at jrnyman pay $24.15/hr (my area) and if I move to a new contract that contract says jrnyman pay is $19/hr then I can loose pay in that scenario. That is the only scenario it is legal. 

Your scenario is illegal. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Contact the union this is illegal!

 

When I was working through the pay steps; my store manager was fudging my accruing hours to illegally keep me at the lower pay. I had to file a grievance and ethics report to undo the damage they did to me. Because I was lower functioning they thought they could get away with it. They will owe you back pay and make sure they pay you! Even without a union this is still illegal to keep you at the lower rate of pay. It is illegal for them to reduce your hourly rate of pay.

The only time in which it is legal to reduce your rate of pay is if you do a move and you now fall subject to another contract. Contract 1 says you're at jrnyman pay $24.15/hr (my area) and if I move to a new contract that contract says jrnyman pay is $19/hr then I can loose pay in that scenario. That is the only scenario it is legal. 

Your scenario is illegal. 


 Couldnt you sue them for doing that? Man thats some bull****



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Is this trolling?  It would be good trolling.  Did the other guy get demoted or go on vacation?

Hourly wage can't be decreased.  Call a lawyer, call a senator, call a congressman, call Sleepy Joe, scream into the void until your words are bloody.  Then, and then only then, call the union.  But only during banker's hours.

Scheduled hours can be decreased to 12 hours per week.  Regardless, according to contract here. For anyone.  Everyone.  Any time.

Non-management full-time is only for anyone flirting with death of old age.  The last guy still got SUNDAY PAY.  And he did.  He sure did.  It financed half a dozen classic cars.  Till cancer got him.

I went to a punishment department just so I could have 40 hours.

Oops.

All I got was depression and alcoholism.  For fast food pay.  Just to break even at the end of the month.

My previous car was twenty years old.  My current car is three years newer with a failing transmission.

And then my appendix went.

And then they cut my hours 20%.

I never wanted to work here, sure, but not like that.  I didn't even get to live.  But now I don't even want to live.

Help.

Help me.

I'm $1500 in debt just paying rent and car insurance.  Because that's my credit limit.

Tell me about "Scan Bag Go".  Tell me about the rubber brackets on our carts.

Tell me why it didn't work last time.  Tell me why it will work this time.  Tell me about robotic warehouses and delivery.

Tell me about billions after billions of stock buybacks.

I can't even afford a ticket to Cincinnati, let alone a good rifle and a scope.

I just want enough money to pay rent.  Preferably, while I drink myself to death.

I half joke, but smoking pills is cheaper.  And is probably required if I want a promotion.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Is this trolling?  It would be good trolling.  Did the other guy get demoted or go on vacation?

Hourly wage can't be decreased.  Call a lawyer, call a senator, call a congressman, call Sleepy Joe, scream into the void until your words are bloody.  Then, and then only then, call the union.  But only during banker's hours.

Scheduled hours can be decreased to 12 hours per week.  Regardless, according to contract here. For anyone.  Everyone.  Any time.

Non-management full-time is only for anyone flirting with death of old age.  The last guy still got SUNDAY PAY.  And he did.  He sure did.  It financed half a dozen classic cars.  Till cancer got him.

I went to a punishment department just so I could have 40 hours.

Oops.

All I got was depression and alcoholism.  For fast food pay.  Just to break even at the end of the month.

My previous car was twenty years old.  My current car is three years newer with a failing transmission.

And then my appendix went.

And then they cut my hours 20%.

I never wanted to work here, sure, but not like that.  I didn't even get to live.  But now I don't even want to live.

Help.

Help me.

I'm $1500 in debt just paying rent and car insurance.  Because that's my credit limit.

Tell me about "Scan Bag Go".  Tell me about the rubber brackets on our carts.

Tell me why it didn't work last time.  Tell me why it will work this time.  Tell me about robotic warehouses and delivery.

Tell me about billions after billions of stock buybacks.

I can't even afford a ticket to Cincinnati, let alone a good rifle and a scope.

I just want enough money to pay rent.  Preferably, while I drink myself to death.

I half joke, but smoking pills is cheaper.  And is probably required if I want a promotion.


 You just like to hear and read yourself talk yawn



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Yes.

Please tell me about Derek.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard